PDA

View Full Version : Wellington 6 Lions 23

drinkfeckarse
15/06/2005, 9:59 AM
......is how it's finished I'm hearing. Good to get the tour back on track.

joeSoap
15/06/2005, 11:05 AM
Steadier performance, particularly in the second half..Wilkinson adds a lot more than just kicking ability, and the only worry would probably be Josh Lewseys injury. Hope its not too serious.

De Town
15/06/2005, 11:12 AM
1 problem with Wilko, he pulls out of a lot of tackles on his bad shoulder, cant afford to do that against the All Blacks

Aberdonian Stu
15/06/2005, 1:12 PM
The difference between the Wilko of now and of four years ago is that he is more than just a kicker today. In the tests against the Aussies his passing was well wayward at times. I reckon he's just trying to keep the shoulder in one piece for the tests (could be mind games as well trying to make the injury appear worse than it is, who is to say?).

Speranza
15/06/2005, 1:17 PM
I would play Jones before Wilko. There is no cutting edge going forward probably because of the conditions during this particular match. Henson is over-rated and Robinson didn't really get a look in today. Still a win is a win but I think the All Blacks will come out on top in the tests.

drinkfeckarse
15/06/2005, 1:17 PM
, and the only worry would probably be Josh Lewseys injury. Hope its not too serious.

Haven't watched it yet, will see it tonight on one of the 76 repeats Sky Sports will show.

The only thing about Lewseys injury is that in Geordan Murphy, there's an equally capable player and he looks to be in decent form too.

joeSoap
15/06/2005, 3:08 PM
The only thing about Lewseys injury is that in Geordan Murphy, there's an equally capable player and he looks to be in decent form too.
Don't agree....Lewsey's far stronger in the tackle,reads the game better and pops up with his fair share of tries. Murphys very exciting going forward, but is a tad clueless,and his positional sense can leave a lot to be desired.

I know who I'd rather have fielding a huge garryowen with Richie McCaw breathing down on them...

drinkfeckarse
15/06/2005, 4:37 PM
Don't agree....Lewsey's far stronger in the tackle,reads the game better and pops up with his fair share of tries. Murphys very exciting going forward, but is a tad clueless,and his positional sense can leave a lot to be desired.

I know who I'd rather have fielding a huge garryowen with Richie McCaw breathing down on them...

Well I'll take your word for it ;) , can't say I'm "passionate" about rugby. Just love watching the internationals and Lions games and Murphy has always impressed me.

I suppose that makes me a "barstooler" or "armchair" fan! ;) :D

Dodge
15/06/2005, 5:55 PM
Think Shane Byrne has played himself into the test team. Front row today looks nailed on. Simon Easterby did himself a world of good too...

As of now I reckon te team will be (Certainities in bold)

1 White
2 Byrne
3 Jenkins
4 Grewcock (Possibly o'Callaghan)
5 O'Connell
6 Hill
7 Back
8 Corry (Corry is a certainty but he might play at 6)

9 Peel
10 Wilkinson (think Jones might grab it if he excels at the weekend
11 Shanklin (would prefer him at centre)
12 henson (Darcy could claim this spot)
13 O'Driscoll
14 Thomas
15 Lewsey

Backs is really up for grabs. Think Murphy and Hrgan might have a shout and Robinson if he improves will be there somewhere

joeSoap
15/06/2005, 11:30 PM
...................................Josh Lewsey.....................................

Gareth Thomas Brian O'Driscoll Shane Horgan Tom Shanklin.....

.......................Jonny Wilkinson......................................... ...

..........................................Dwayne Peel.............................

Gethin Jenkins...........Shane Byrne................Julian White.........

..........Paul O'Connell............Danny Grewcock.........................

Richard Hill...............Martin Corry.............Martyn Williams........

Subs: Geordan Murphy, Steven Jones, Matt Dawson, Andy Sheridan, Steve Thompson, Donncha O'Callaghan, Simon Easterby.