PDA

View Full Version : Tucker Tournament 2005

OpenGoal
15/06/2005, 7:57 AM
The Tucker tournament started last night down in the wolfe tones asrto-turf. Anyone go to see it? Nice to see there are 8 teams now taking part, last time I played in it there were only 4!! Any views on who's strong this year?

First
15/06/2005, 12:09 PM
Avocent look to be the team to beat , they have Davy Wall nad Mikey O' Malley from Fairview plus some fairly decent older players who know how to pass the ball around

First
15/06/2005, 12:13 PM
Who won last nights games

CousinSylDolan
15/06/2005, 2:59 PM

Lufthansa 1 1 Devcon

Skycourt 11 2 Hamilton....

It seems Skycourt had a very "Handy" center forward from a very "Special" background doing a lot of damage for them... I think he works in Paddy Power's down there.

Unfortunately the collosus CousinSyl is unavailable to play for his beloved Modular in tonights second game. It seems ticket sales have dropped considerably since this news broke on the bbc website early this morning.

OpenGoal
15/06/2005, 3:07 PM

I dont know, Skycourt definately scored against Hamilton, but as for the result, i couldnt tell you. Perhaps, Nibzer, you could tell us? Strange how its being played on astro, were none of the pitches around shannon available?? Bad form indeed. Davy Wall and O'Malley on the same team does look a bit ominous all right, but sure a few kicks might sort them out :D

CousinSylDolan
15/06/2005, 4:34 PM

Devcon 1 1 Lufthansa
Skycourt 11 2 Hamilton

OpenGoal
16/06/2005, 8:23 AM
Strange..........I heard handyman was in hospital with a broken jaw..........

OpenGoal
16/06/2005, 8:28 AM
Exel 4
Avocent 0

First
16/06/2005, 10:33 AM
It looks like the Avocent team were very out of sorts last night and Exel thumped them 4 -0 . Watched the game it seems that Avocent were definately not 4 goals worst than Exel. Friday night should be interesting as some of their other big guns will be back............

First
16/06/2005, 10:44 AM
I dont know, Skycourt definately scored against Hamilton, but as for the result, i couldnt tell you. Perhaps, Nibzer, you could tell us? Strange how its being played on astro, were none of the pitches around shannon available?? Bad form indeed. Davy Wall and O'Malley on the same team does look a bit ominous all right, but sure a few kicks might sort them out :D

Yes Open Goal its strange that it is being played on the Astro turf, seemingly Park is having work carried out and the pitch in the comp wasn't suitable. Does anyone know if Newtown were approached. Watching last nights games I think it takes from the games, but let's remember it is a memorial tournament so if it was played on the main road it is very worthwhile.

I have noticed that all the posts are being censored , understanable with some of the gob****** that have been posting of late. I might see a reply later.

First
16/06/2005, 10:57 AM
Strange..........I heard handyman was in hospital with a broken jaw..........

Correct but its the eye socket he is having work done on...wish him all the best

OpenGoal
16/06/2005, 1:34 PM
Why are all the posts taking so long to appear on this thread???? It used to be way quicker.....

OpenGoal
17/06/2005, 8:04 AM
Exel 4
LSTT 2

Bonovox
13/07/2005, 12:07 PM
John Crane Sealol - 2005 Champions!

Twinkle Toes
15/07/2005, 11:45 AM
BonoVox. Heard that John Crane were a packed side. Most of them from outside the Firm ?
Is that a good thing? Inter Firm ?

Bonovox
15/07/2005, 11:53 AM
Twinkle Toes,

John Crane used their allocation of 3 guest players as per rule and in line with what most of the other competing firms did also.
I think John Crane used their wild cards very shrewdly and this was the difference.
I take it from your name you are a winger?

Regards.