PDA

View Full Version : bray wanderers v cork city

kevincronin2000
14/06/2005, 7:27 PM
really looking forward to getting back to the leauge, bray allready had a good result in cork against us but we have improved since than and dont concede goals too easily these days. it is oer 540 minutes of football since we conceded a goal. The last one was by that portadown pr!ck and in the leauge it was away to waterford.

ccfcgirl
14/06/2005, 7:55 PM
Is there many city fans going to this game?

Rebal Boy
14/06/2005, 9:23 PM
I can't make this one. :( I've to work Friday afternoon. I'm aiming to make the UCD away game. I'll see how things work out.

kevincronin2000
15/06/2005, 12:39 PM
Is there many city fans going to this game?

well this season our away support has been great even away ro rovers when there was no buses went and we had a big game away to shels on the monday. I'd say 200-450

patsh
15/06/2005, 12:56 PM
I'd say 200-450
No way. Same as the Rovers game at best....maybe 80 to a 100.

Roo69
16/06/2005, 4:03 PM
Just to let you know Lads and Lassies, just tolet you know our home matches are all ticket now, which you'll be well used to yourselves. Tickets are on sale just up form the turnstiles, to avoid delays i reckon you should get there as early as possible.

Peadar
17/06/2005, 8:10 AM
I can see this being a 0-0 draw :(

Bray Head
17/06/2005, 12:56 PM
I'm going for another 1-1 as in Turners Cross. We have the worst defensive record in the league so Cork will score at least once. We also have a good scoring record this season scoring in 10 out of 12 games.

patsh
17/06/2005, 9:11 PM
Excellent result for us tonight, and the other results couldn't have gone any better for us.

Interesting to hear John Kenny's co-commentator at the Carlisle ground mention his discussions with George during the week.

A warning to Rico as well not to bring Derek on when he plainly is not up to it/not ready...:rolleyes:

I think it's between us, Derry and Bohs, $h€l$ really seem to have problems.......

Rebal Boy
17/06/2005, 9:18 PM
If Derry lose tomorrow night. IMO its our title to lose. Derry won't have it easy against Longford. Next Friday against Longford is a MASSIVE game for us. We just MUST win that game infront of what should be a packed Turner's Cross. COME ON CITY! :)

De Town
17/06/2005, 9:21 PM
If Derry lose tomorrow night. IMO its our title to lose. Derry won't have it easy against Longford. Next Friday against Longford is a MASSIVE game for us. We just MUST win that game infront of what should be a packed Turner's Cross. COME ON CITY! :)
I know its easy to forget us, but we are not out of it! I really dont expect us to win it but If we beat Derry tomorrow and get something in Cork next week, ya never know. Watching Shels tonight, we are certainly playing better than them atm.

patsh
17/06/2005, 9:27 PM
I know its easy to forget us, but we are not out of it! I really dont expect us to win it but If we beat Derry tomorrow and get something in Cork next week, ya never know. Watching Shels tonight, we are certainly playing better than them atm.
You are right...I would be worried about Myler, he could do a lot of damage this season.....

De Town
17/06/2005, 9:29 PM
You are right...I would be worried about Myler, he could do a lot of damage this season.....
He could. 6 goals in 4 games, he's the form striker in the League ATM. We have a solid enough defence aswell, only 10 goals conceded. Once Barry Ferguson isnt playing that is :p

Troy.McClure
17/06/2005, 9:59 PM
Its too early to talk about the league yet - a few injuries here or there, European tour, more crap ref decisions, Byrne & Crowe clicking - any of these things could easily change the complection of the season.

Derek came on when the game was as good as over - or so we thought. They got a good goal but that was it really except for the free (which was a really good tackle from Derek, but it was Stokes in charge so you know what happens then :()

O'Flynn could easily have had 2 or 3 goals but their keeper made some vital saves. Credit to Fenn for musceling Charles off the ball a few times and holding his own in the air too.

Well deserved win and tip top of the league :) Lets hope none of the players have vertigo!

ollie
17/06/2005, 10:20 PM
I think it's between us, Derry and Bohs, $h€l$ really seem to have problems.......

shels are only 8 points behind us.a few loses for us and the opposite for them and we're behind them.don't write shels off anyway.hopefully we'll keep themselves and derry at arms length for as long as possible.

Ricky
17/06/2005, 10:47 PM
Shouting for Rovers in the pub is not a sin!

kevincronin2000
18/06/2005, 12:09 AM
just back from the game, how bray could be in contention for the final few minutes of the game was unreal when they should have been out of sight. Overall good performance, roys goal was exellent, super pass from danny murphy to pick out georgie who found roy 0-1. whole team really played well, think the only reason coughlan was brought on was because bray started to play with 7 up front but he was all at sea for the goal.

Schunter Netz
18/06/2005, 1:30 AM
Geat to hear that O'Donovan and Fenn scored, and its no bad thing that Derek got a run, even if it was a wobbly one. Its a very long way to the end of the season, but to be eight ahead of Shels at this point is a fine place to be, especially as they slide from bad to worse. Imagine what it must be like inside the head of anybody at Shels, but especially wee Fenlon's. Angry, confused, paranoid and unstable are only outside guesses. Bet he hates the sight of Crowe now. Is there a team in the league they would fancy meeting now? It all calls to mind Jose Mourinho's remark about loving Arsenal when they were losing points every week mid season. God, but its easy to like Shels now.

ccfcgirl
18/06/2005, 3:45 AM
I just got home ,good city support at it .Brilliant feeling being 7 points ahead.

thecorner
18/06/2005, 3:54 AM
I just got home ,good city support at it .Brilliant feeling being 7 points ahead.

8 ahead of shels :D

Cityfeen
18/06/2005, 9:11 AM
Interesting to hear John Kenny's co-commentator at the Carlisle ground mention his discussions with George during the week.

He just cant leave us alone :(

Counting Crow
18/06/2005, 9:45 AM

I agree with you DE TOWN. I think you dismiss Longford at your peril. I don't think they have the horsepower to win the League but will do damage to those who don't take them seriously.

Friday's game is HUGE.

Derry are a threat, but I really think Bohs are going to be the biggest problem. Next to us they are the FORM team and Farrelly has finally got them playing as a unit.

Whisper it though......$hel$ aren't out of it yet.

Like Rico says - "let's take one game at a time"

we shall not be
18/06/2005, 9:52 AM
"longford a threat" if they are in contention to win the league il eat my hat bloody hell they are 13 behind us and we are playing well are we set to implode or what ????????

superfrank
18/06/2005, 10:03 AM
After watching the match last night, I have to say yez didn't overwhelm us. Fair enough, it wasn't until yez were 2-0 up that we started having our best chances but I wasn't overawed by the performance of the top team in the country.

Also, if Troy McClure's on, are you going to do another copy of the Genesis Reporter? ;)

Ruairi
18/06/2005, 10:34 AM
After watching the match last night, I have to say yez didn't overwhelm us. Fair enough, it wasn't until yez were 2-0 up that we started having our best chances but I wasn't overawed by the performance of the top team in the country.

I'd agree superfrank. We didnt "overwhelm" ye. But we scored two goals, missed a couple of chances and ended up going home with three points. You may not have been "overawed" by the performance of the top team in the country, but we left with maximum points. I'd take a win and a poor performance every day. Maybe thats why we're top of the league.

exile
18/06/2005, 11:20 AM
have to say we could have been 4 up 2 cracking saves from o connor kept ye in the game

Stevo Da Gull
18/06/2005, 11:43 AM
I'd agree superfrank. We didnt "overwhelm" ye. But we scored two goals, missed a couple of chances and ended up going home with three points. You may not have been "overawed" by the performance of the top team in the country, but we left with maximum points. I'd take a win and a poor performance every day. Maybe thats why we're top of the league.

True, Cork deserved the win and 3 points is what counts. Bray started to play for the last 15 mins but by then the game was in Cork's hands and if Coughlan had'nt of come on then we might not have gotten one,we came close with Hugh Davey's free kick but at the end of the day could'nt create enough chances- mainly because our hoof tactics suited Dan Murray down to the ground.

Good to see plenty of travelling fans (although I was expecting more Bray people to show up).

Rhona Daly was assistant again, luckily enough she did'nt have to make any big decisions :rolleyes: .

Congrats on the win lads :ball:

Counting Crow
18/06/2005, 11:48 AM
Papers said today that Bray's 'keeper had a great game making several really good saves.
Seems to be a trend here as Galway's keeper did the same last Monday in the Cup and several others (except Williams..... :D ) have done the same.

Much and all that I like him, I hope Digger has a stinker next Friday ;) . If he does he'll be my hero for ever.

kevincronin2000
18/06/2005, 11:52 AM
lads there was a serious clash of kits last night, seeing that city could not play in there green or white strips last night they reverted back to the older dark blue one that clashed with the refs black strip and at one stage i am convinced fenn through the ball to the ref.

I wonder was this brought to the attention of any of the officials last night.

kevincronin2000
18/06/2005, 11:54 AM
Papers said today that Bray's 'keeper had a great game making several really good saves.
Seems to be a trend here as Galway's keeper did the same last Monday in the Cup and several others (except Williams..... :D ) have done the same.

Much and all that I like him, I hope Digger has a stinker next Friday ;) . If he does he'll be my hero for ever.

ya very likable character is digger, but along way off being one of the best keeper in the leauge.

Ruairi
18/06/2005, 12:13 PM
lads there was a serious clash of kits last night, seeing that city could not play in there green or white strips last night they reverted back to the older dark blue one that clashed with the refs black strip and at one stage i am convinced fenn through the ball to the ref.

I thought that too, and with the sunglasses on due to that bastidin sun it was even harder to seperate the ref and the lads. he should have been wearing yellow in fairness

thecorner
18/06/2005, 12:17 PM

of course the keepers are being noticed a lot latley, they have a lot to do :D

patsh
18/06/2005, 1:13 PM

Kenny mentioned this last night. Did Fenn throw the ball from a throw in direct to the ref or something like that????

pete
18/06/2005, 2:15 PM
Kenny mentioned this last night. Did Fenn throw the ball from a throw in direct to the ref or something like that????

Something likek that. ref in all black & city in almost all navy was crap decision. At least a couple of time ion the 1st half looked like city passed the ball to the ref. Didn't notice as much in 2nd half as less sun.

I think Bray were flattered by 1-2 lose. City were cruising at 2 nil as Brays hoofball "tactics" were terrible. Roy O'Donovan was really sharp & O'Flynn looked better again. Danny Murphy played real well too as city tried to pass to feet.

Away form is lethal so just need to edge those home games.

What will the dublin media do when the 2 cities 1st & 2nd....?

De Town
18/06/2005, 4:06 PM
"longford a threat" if they are in contention to win the league il eat my hat bloody hell they are 13 behind us and we are playing well are we set to implode or what ????????
I said I would be surprised if we are even challenging for the League. WE wont but we could cause some trouble for the teams at the top, thats my point.

De Town
18/06/2005, 4:06 PM
What will the dublin media do when the 2 cities 1st & 2nd....?
and a Townie team like ourselves 3rd :D

KR's Post
19/06/2005, 5:02 PM
Not the best i've ssen in the Carlisle this season. I think you lads have agreat bunch of supporters, but the other night you guys could've been alot better. Why the hell did you guys seperate? Strange one!!! The look on some of your faces when we lined up the free kick was priceless ;) . Well deserved win though. In control for most of the game, BUT we could've sneaked A DRAW AT THE END! :)

Fair_play_boy
19/06/2005, 7:57 PM
Seems to be a trend here as Galway's keeper did the same last Monday in the Cup and several others (except Williams..... :D ) have done the same. :D :D :D :D