PDA

View Full Version : Bray Vs. Cork

Roo69
14/06/2005, 2:55 PM
Looking forward to this one big time ! We got a FANTASTIC result down there earlier on in the season, but i think we caught them cold, they did'nt know what to expect.

This time round will be different thou, but in saying that we still could cause a bit of a shock. They have struggeled without Doyle in the last 2 games.

If we play like we did against Avondale well get murdered, but if we can preform like we did against Drogs or Waterford we will give them a good game. UCD took points off Shels last week, no reason why we can't do the same this week.

My Starting X1 if fit and on present form

..........................Skippy.................. ...

Chopper.......Lynch.......Charles........Davey

James.........McGuinness......Tresson........Keogh

................Tarzan..............Foxy

Subs:
Zayed
Grogan
McGrory
Long
Ryaner

patsh
14/06/2005, 3:02 PM
Would expect you lot to get a draw on Friday at least.

We seem a little out of sorts and need to get this sorted quickly.

superfrank
14/06/2005, 3:42 PM
I'll put my neck out and say a home win!!! No, I'm not gone crazy, just optimistic! Cork have seriously struggled last two games and I think the result last week against Avondale will give us some confidence.

IF we win it'll only be one goal and the match will have been very tight.

However, IF Cork play like they can, they should win handsomely.

Should be a good match whatever the result. :D

Rocky Rules
14/06/2005, 5:09 PM
Interesting choice of Tarzan & Foxy up front - not Zayed. Does this mean advocating playing the ball through the midfield rather than humping it over the top?

fan_1
14/06/2005, 7:15 PM
similar to roo except would not have chopper playin or james and tresson for different reasons mainly not good enough

kevincronin2000
14/06/2005, 7:23 PM
what kind of crowd do ye expect. We should have at least 300 travelling.

Lonely Wanderer
14/06/2005, 7:32 PM
..........................Skippy.................. ...
Tresson.......Lynch.......Charles........Davey

McGuinness.........Pip......Chopper........James

................Tarzan..............Foxy

Thats my team. Chopper has done well when put in midfield and him and Pip make a good pair. As I've said before, Zayead needs to improve and Tarzan's a hard worker who can nick a goal.

Éanna
14/06/2005, 11:21 PM
TBH, I think this could well be a draw. The last 2 games we haven't looked like conceding, but we haven't looked like scoring either! 0-0 or 1-0 to City I'd say

Stevo Da Gull
14/06/2005, 11:28 PM
what kind of crowd do ye expect. We should have at least 300 travelling.

I'd expect around 2000 maybe 2500+ if we're lucky (including away support).

Roo69
15/06/2005, 8:54 AM
Interesting choice of Tarzan & Foxy up front - not Zayed. Does this mean advocating playing the ball through the midfield rather than humping it over the top?

Nothing personnal against the lad, just think he's going through a bad patch at the mo, like the Pats game is the one of the 1st times i can remember him getting subed, maybe a match on the bench will bring the hunger back ? because on his day his 2nd to none. No offence meant Eamonn if your reading this :D

I've always thought Tarzy and Foxy play very well together, they compliment eachother extremely well.

The good thing about having Chopper and Tresson in the team is that if it is'nt working they can change positions, the team is starting to settle down now, 3 games without any changes (i think), so that can be only good for us, we need a bit of consistancy.

I reckon we should have between 2000-2500 at the game, well hopefully !

Bray Head
15/06/2005, 10:04 AM
I will be surprised if Devo drops Zayed but agree a spell on the bench might do him wonders as he is still one of the top strikers in the country. Left side of midfield is causing us problems to fill. I thought Ryaner would be the man finally but after a decent start to the season his form has dropped.

Team,
O'Connor
O'Hanlon, Lynch, Charles, Davey
McGuinness, Tresson, Keogh, James
Fox, O'Brien.
Subs: Zayed, Ryan, O'Reilly, McGrory, Gifford (if fit - Kelch otherwise)

The Good Son
15/06/2005, 10:39 AM
On a diferent tangent altogether what is the best spot for pre and post match pints on Friday night?

Roo69
15/06/2005, 11:02 AM
On a diferent tangent altogether what is the best spot for pre and post match pints on Friday night?

The Hibo is the best spot, just over the dart tracks on your left hand side, they are our offical league match sponsors. Lovely pint and a tastey bit of tucker as well.

KK77
15/06/2005, 11:40 AM
Is Tony Mc Guirk banned from the Cork game? Also anyone know if Ciaran Ryan is available for the game or is he off to get married this weekend?

Roo69
15/06/2005, 11:50 AM
Is Tony Mc Guirk banned from the Cork game? Also anyone know if Ciaran Ryan is available for the game or is he off to get married this weekend?

As far as i know Tony is banned for the game. Ryaner is getting married next week in Spain AFAIK so i presume he will be missing.

P.S. Best of luck Ryaner - Another good man lost :D

KK77
15/06/2005, 12:01 PM
At least that means Tony will be back next week with Devo off in Spain i was wprrying both would be gone for the Cork game

centre mid
15/06/2005, 1:00 PM
Very goog chance of a draw here, last couple of games cork have struggled to score, Agree that Zayed needs a shake but still probably our most likely source of a goal

superfrank
15/06/2005, 5:00 PM
........with Devo off in Spain i was wprrying both would be gone for the Cork game
What'll Devo be up to?

KK77
16/06/2005, 7:58 AM
Assume he will be at Ciaran Ryans wedding!!!!!

Roo69
16/06/2005, 8:20 AM
Assume he will be at Ciaran Ryans wedding!!!!!

Congrats on the BWFC lotto mini win Rafa B ;) Don't spend it all in one shop

KK77
16/06/2005, 9:40 AM
Congrats on the BWFC lotto mini win Rafa B ;) Don't spend it all in one shop

All i wanted was 5 Euros!!!!!!!!

KK77
16/06/2005, 9:51 AM
That's hilarious never been in a Wanderers draw in my life so theres 2 Rafa B's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KK77
16/06/2005, 10:29 AM
Who's the 2nd Rafa B Roo69????

Roo69
16/06/2005, 10:42 AM
That's hilarious never been in a Wanderers draw in my life so theres 2 Rafa B's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very strange ! just noticed it in the supporters club section in the bray people.

littlebray
16/06/2005, 10:47 AM
The effective date of the suspension seemed to mean he'd be out for the Waterford game, AFAIK.

KK77
16/06/2005, 10:51 AM
Its strange i noticed it on the website myself but it has c/o Michael Carroll but according to the club its down on their records as c/o Michael Carroll but the seller is a Rooney which makes it strange any ideas?????????

Roo69
16/06/2005, 11:05 AM
Its strange i noticed it on the website myself but it has c/o Michael Carroll but according to the club its down on their records as c/o Michael Carroll but the seller is a Rooney which makes it strange any ideas?????????

The plot thickens !

KK77
16/06/2005, 12:19 PM
or someone is entering themselves in a draw under a false name and collecting the cash surely their not that desparate or could they be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still who's the 2nd Rafa B thats what i want to know!!!!!!!!

Roo69
16/06/2005, 12:21 PM
or someone is entering themselves in a draw under a false name and collecting the cash surely their not that desparate or could they be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still who's the 2nd Rafa B thats what i want to know!!!!!!!!

There could'nt be a 2nd Rafa B out there, or could there ? i was laughing to myself saying i can't believe he put he's web handle on it, very strange altogether. And i defo did'nt sell the ticket.

KK77
16/06/2005, 12:58 PM
a god i know you didn't just thought it was a funny one with a Rooney selling it and you being Roo69!!!!! Anyway 2-1 to the Wanderers tomorrow fingers crossed!!!!

Roo69
16/06/2005, 12:59 PM
Anyway 2-1 to the Wanderers tomorrow fingers crossed!!!!

I'll go along with that :D

Roo69
17/06/2005, 10:17 AM
Team News for Bray: Robbie Dunne, Keith Long and Stephen Gifford ruled out.
Foxy and Ryaner are rated doubtful. New Signing Sinnott is added to the squad.

Cork are without Colin O’Brien, Liam Kearney and Denis Behan.