PDA

View Full Version : Why always talking about Referees

pete
14/06/2005, 12:30 PM
Isn't it about time eL fans realised the refs are all crap & just got on about it. Whats the point in obcessing about them?

Eire06
14/06/2005, 12:32 PM
Isn't it about time eL fans realised the refs are all crap & just got on about it. Whats the point in obcessing about them?
Its easy to say that from someone that supports a team that had to wrong decisions in their favour and thus winning the match as a result :(

Slash/ED
14/06/2005, 12:34 PM

The irony of a Cork supporter posting that :)

You are right though.

superfrank
14/06/2005, 12:42 PM
What's annoying is Alan Kelly isn't even that great a ref. But the FAI give him the biggest matches cos he's the highest rated ref in Ireland. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hibs4Ever
14/06/2005, 12:54 PM
What's annoying is Alan Kelly isn't even that great a ref. But the FAI give him the biggest matches cos he's the highest rated ref in Ireland. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Absolutely TERRIBLE referee :mad:

carrickharp
14/06/2005, 12:55 PM
Alan Kelly Top Ref me hole :mad: :mad:

superfrank
14/06/2005, 1:03 PM
Absolutely TERRIBLE referee :mad:

Top Ref me hole :mad: :mad:
I remember he sent Jody Lynch off for nothing against Waterford!

Slash/ED
14/06/2005, 1:07 PM
He's one of the worst of an exceptionaly bad lot.

gufct
14/06/2005, 1:08 PM
gets all the big matches is that he is "Pats Boy" who is in charge of the referees.Nepotism is alive and well and living in Cork.

patsh
14/06/2005, 1:10 PM
gets all the big matches is that he is "Pats Boy" who is in charge of the referees.Nepotism is alive and well and living in Cork.
:rolleyes:
Get over it....
It was a clown from Dublin who denied you the penalty on Friday, a ten times worse decision than any of Kelly's last night....

Peadar
14/06/2005, 1:12 PM
It could be a lot worse lads, we could have some of the IL refs! :eek: :D

Roo69
14/06/2005, 1:21 PM
It could be a lot worse lads, we could have some of the IL refs! :eek: :D

Thats very true.

But some kind of panel needs to be set up where by when ref's lino have such bad games that they get repramanded for it. I.E - the officals we had for the lague game against Rovers, ive never been to a football match were they were just so poor, got nearly everything wrojng and were not able to keep up with play at all. stuff like that needs to be sorted out ASAP.

Rhona Daly should NOT be aloud near a football pitch, FFS she left the pitch crying after that game :mad:

gufct
14/06/2005, 1:27 PM
wasnt the one at fault it was the child from Athlone doing the line who had a far better view than Dave McKeon. Alan Kellys biggest problem is his ego and the arrogant way he treats players especially those from Teams he knows he will away with it. Galway are definitely asking that he be excluded from Games in Terryland for his own safety. :mad:

Peadar
14/06/2005, 1:36 PM
But some kind of panel needs to be set up where by when ref's lino have such bad games that they get repramanded for it.

Isn't there a referee's assessor in the stand for each game?

Galway are definitely asking that he be excluded from Games in Terryland for his own safety. :mad:

You think that you'll get far by trying to intimidate officials, implying that it would be unsafe for them to officiate at your ground?
Get real!
You're not the first team to feel hard done by and you wont be the last.
It's the nature of the game which is played and officiated by humans.
Just wait and see how quiet you go when you get a dodgy decision in the league and take undeserved points.

Slash/ED
14/06/2005, 1:39 PM
You're not the first team to feel hard done by and you wont be the last.
It's the nature of the game which is played and officiated by humans.
Just wait and see how quiet you go when you get a dodgy decision in the league and take undeserved points.

Where was all this from the Cork fans after the setanta cup game?

gufct
14/06/2005, 1:57 PM
[QUOTE=Peadar]Isn't there a referee's assessor in the stand for each game?

Pat Kelly or worse Eddie Foley was marking him!!!!!

patsh
14/06/2005, 2:43 PM
Where was all this from the Cork fans after the setanta cup game?
We WERE hard done by.
We weren't the first, quite obviously we aren't the last.
Most City fans have agreed that some of the reffing in both games against Galway was deplorable.
We got a decision going our way, for once, what are we supposed to do, complain about it?...:rolleyes:

Slash/ED
14/06/2005, 2:49 PM
We WERE hard done by.
We weren't the first, quite obviously we aren't the last.
Most City fans have agreed that some of the reffing in both games against Galway was deplorable.
We got a decision going our way, for once, what are we supposed to do, complain about it?...:rolleyes:

No but you were all screaming blue murder about anti Cork pro Shels refereeing, bias and cheating and even bribery and all of the rest of the crap, now you're all saying well decisions go your way sometimes and against you other times. Where was that after the Setanta Cup?

Troy.McClure
14/06/2005, 3:11 PM
The irony of a Cork supporter posting that :)

Ha ha, too true! :D

I think that all city fans can sympathise with Galway on this one :o but youve got to be positive and hope that things even out (& that the standard of reffereeing improves).

Even though the season is only 1/3rd through, I cant remember any other season with so many blatently bad calls from the ref's, it looks like the standard is going down, not up! :(

pete
14/06/2005, 4:18 PM
Does anyone read the posts here?

I asked if we could all speak less about refs & y'all started off ref bashing again.

:rolleyes:

I do recognise the irony but think i heard IL fans saying that they have long ago accepted all refs sh!te so don't waste their time on them anymore...

sligoman
14/06/2005, 4:23 PM

:rolleyes: You do realise by posting this that you have now opened another referee thread yeah?:confused: