PDA

View Full Version : Robbed over the 2 games

gufct
14/06/2005, 9:26 AM
Denied a blatant penalty 2 minutes from the end on friday and then have a dubious penalty awarded by Alan "I love myself" Kelly one of 4 Cork Officials in charge in Cork last night. It stinks to high heavens and when you consider "Pats Boy" was involved in denying us promotion in Drogheda 3 years ago you just wonder where is the justice.

For all those Cork fans who bemoaned Galways lack of ambition take a long hard look at the difference between the 2 squads we have no full timers our wage bill is less than a quarter of Corks. Well done to everyone for 2 magnificent brave battling performances which were ruined by inept and arrogant referees lets put it behind us now and build on it starting Friday against Dublin City.

Im very proud to be a GUFC Fan and delighted to see the heart and passion shown by Stephen and the lads well done now its onwards and upwards.

TheLedge
14/06/2005, 10:22 AM
How can it be allowed that 4 Cork Officials reffed a Cork City game??

Surely there's some cause for complaint?

I can't understand that at all. :(

Eire06
14/06/2005, 10:27 AM

yes it shouldn't be allowed!! :mad:

Its not allowed in GAA :rolleyes:

pete
14/06/2005, 10:34 AM
Hard to agree that ye unlucky to lose.

Been long time since been in galway & impressed with the setup at Terryland. Ground is certainly better than half the Premier division & looks like a football ground.

I cannot in living memory remember when City had a Cork ref when playing non-Cork side.

Macy
14/06/2005, 10:38 AM
There might have been, yesterday before the match. Too late now I'd imagine....

tiktok
14/06/2005, 10:53 AM

We regularly play Dublin teams with all Dublin officials.

It's unfortunate the way you've gone out, but Kelly is one of the most competent refs in the league, if I was you I'd have a bigger problem with McKeon from last Friday.

Hibs4Ever
14/06/2005, 2:03 PM
I have TWICE seen Alan Kelly sitting in the stand at Richmond Park when Saints have been playing Cork City. He's definitely NOT a neutral for Cork City matches.

tiktok
14/06/2005, 3:04 PM
I have TWICE seen Alan Kelly sitting in the stand at Richmond Park when Saints have been playing Cork City. He's definitely NOT a neutral for Cork City matches.

Is there even the slightest chance it could be due to him occasionally acting as a referee's assessor?

gufct
14/06/2005, 3:20 PM
assesor only retired refs can do that. He also allegedly sent off Derek O'Brien and our Physio after the game which means we are down 3 players for Friday Nights game against Table Toppers Dublin City.Wouldnt be surprised if he was given that game too.

De Town
14/06/2005, 3:22 PM
assesor only retired refs can do that. He also allegedly sent off Derek O'Brien and our Physio after the game which means we are down 3 players for Friday Nights game against Table Toppers Dublin City.Wouldnt be surprised if he was given that game too.
So your saying your physio is a player aswell :confused: what if he gets injured, who treats him :confused:

Eire06
14/06/2005, 3:23 PM
He also allegedly sent off Derek O'Brien and our Physio after the game .

Didn't hear that whats the story there?? anyone know what happened? :mad:

gufct
14/06/2005, 3:42 PM
So your saying your physio is a player aswell :confused: what if he gets injured, who treats him :confused:

is suspended because of a red card against Sligo and our Physio Jumbo Brennan actually has his arm in plaster maybe alan was afraid he was going to assault his piebald mullett with it. If anyone can post a picture of the offensive tresses it would raise some laugh what a vain fool.

colblimp
14/06/2005, 7:47 PM
You were robbed lads, there's no two ways about it. This tie was 'the tale of two penalties'... well one given and one not - the one that wasn't given on Friday was more of a penalty than last nights! I think Kelly was trying to be TOO unbiased. Mind you, we get Dublin tw@ts refereeing us when we're playing Dublin teams all the time.

Hard luck, at least you can concentrate on the league now.

Éanna
14/06/2005, 11:20 PM
I have TWICE seen Alan Kelly sitting in the stand at Richmond Park when Saints have been playing Cork City. He's definitely NOT a neutral for Cork City matches.Or maybe he was just taking in a game? If you go to matches, you often see referees watching them- e.g. go down to Cobh Ramblers home games, right behind the dugout on uncovered side, and you'll find at least 2 or 3 eircom league refs/linesmen at most games.

As for Galway, well ye were robbed in the first leg, and the penalty last night was very harsh indeed, but we were the better team last night- no two ways about it. Ye were unlucky, and a credit to your club (both fans and players). Keep playing like that, and we'll be seeing ye a lot more in future

Tribesman
15/06/2005, 1:38 PM
Sending offs in the Cup do not apply to the league,
so Clery is the only one missing against Dublin City.

gufct
15/06/2005, 2:03 PM
have moved the Goalposts again and Fortune & O'Brien will miss Friday night.

Mayo Red
16/06/2005, 7:30 PM
Have to agree with ye lads, was in Terryland last Friday night (as a neutral observer!) and I know it has been said before, but you will go a long way to see a more blatant penalty! If it happened to Rovers I'd be livid. Corks peno on tv looked harsh too.

Conor H
17/06/2005, 1:30 AM
...It was so obvioius in terryland that it was extremely odd that the only 2 in the ground not to have deemed it a peno were the ref and linesman :rolleyes: .Also another dubious peno in the crodss on monday,is it me or is there something odd about the whole thing? :mad: