PDA

View Full Version : Dublin County FC

Pages : [1] 2

pineapple stu
10/12/2020, 6:39 PM
These lot look like they deserve their own thread. I mean, yes, we're talking about them so the marketing is working, but it's getting harder to shake the similarities to Sporting Fingal and Dublin City. Especially when they're likening themselves to Dublin City. Their twitter account is almost like a parody account (and joined in Jan 2017?)

El-Pietro
10/12/2020, 6:56 PM
OK so heres the thing. They have two twitter accounts. Are we sure the first one is real? I keep thinking it is all either a con or a joke ot something else. If that first account is a parody it would make more sense
https://twitter.com/IrishSeaFC1/status/1336786286930239489?s=19

pineapple stu
10/12/2020, 6:57 PM
Yeah, that would look more like it alright.

But feckit, the other one is good craic. And for a parody account, it's bloody believable, which is mainly the fault of that silly website.

Kiki Balboa
10/12/2020, 7:24 PM
Hard to know what is true and what isnt. They want to represent the County of Dublin? But their Crest is solely based on Dublin city center. Clueless

If they join, they will be gone in 2 years.

NeverFeltBetter
10/12/2020, 7:41 PM
I do worry that the FAI might decide the perfect short-term good news story is to flood the LOI with new clubs. I'm sure Irish Sea FC would generate a few headlines. And an actual Limerick derby. But of course it would all end in tears very quickly.

RoryK
10/12/2020, 7:52 PM
Hard to know what is true and what isnt. They want to represent the County of Dublin? But their Crest is solely based on Dublin city center. Clueless

If they join, they will be gone in 2 years.
The twitter account called Dublin County FC is a parody account, it was originally a WWE fan account or something before he deleted all the old tweets

EatYerGreens
10/12/2020, 8:08 PM
These lot look like they deserve their own thread. I mean, yes, we're talking about them so the marketing is working, but it's getting harder to shake the similarities to Sporting Fingal and Dublin City. Especially when they're likening themselves to Dublin City. Their twitter account is almost like a parody account (and joined in Jan 2017?)

"éiré's capital city...…"

Talk about understanding your target audience:rolleyes:

RoryK
10/12/2020, 8:23 PM
That twitter account is indeed a paradox account.

Your man from Forgotten Clubs on twitter is somehow making everyone hate the idea more with his weird defence of them and their project.

nigel-harps1954
10/12/2020, 8:29 PM
https://twitter.com/DublinCountyFC1

This seems to be the 'real' account. Either way, the whole thing has been mighty craic so far, with the Forgotten Clubs Twitter account, who is involved in the project, getting himself stuck into a quality to and fro with Dan McDonnell last night.

El-Pietro
10/12/2020, 8:43 PM
https://twitter.com/DublinCountyFC1

This seems to be the 'real' account. Either way, the whole thing has been mighty craic so far, with the Forgotten Clubs Twitter account, who is involved in the project, getting himself stuck into a quality to and fro with Dan McDonnell last night.
If this is real and the other fake then the real account has been scooped for their handle twice. The "parody" account was originally @irishseafc and the "genuine" account @irishseafc1. Now its @dublincountyfc and @dublincountyfc1.

That seems unlikely, and it would be easy to go with @irishsea or @irishseafootball or something and @dublincounty rather than add the 1.

It still smells like a very well done Parody but there's enough ridiculousness to make me believe they are both genuine.

nigel-harps1954
10/12/2020, 8:47 PM
If this is real and the other fake then the real account has been scooped for their handle twice. The "parody" account was originally @irishseafc and the "genuine" account @irishseafc1. Now its @dublincountyfc and @dublincountyfc1.

That seems unlikely, and it would be easy to go with @irishsea or @irishseafootball or something and @dublincounty rather than add the 1.

It still smells like a very well done Parody but there's enough ridiculousness to make me believe they are both genuine.

This lad is involved in the club anyway, according to their website, in to do media/comms.

pineapple stu
10/12/2020, 9:20 PM
"We wonder why people don't take the LoI seriously" says thr club whose website read like a secondary school project plagiarised entirely off Wikipedia

GUFCghost
10/12/2020, 9:40 PM
I do worry that the FAI might decide the perfect short-term good news story is to flood the LOI with new clubs. I'm sure Irish Sea FC would generate a few headlines. And an actual Limerick derby. But of course it would all end in tears very quickly.
Ah yes, like the famous Galway derbies of yore

joey B
10/12/2020, 10:04 PM
The 'Official' account has a picture of Government buildings as its cover photo and it's just really really funny to me,I mean why?

ger121
10/12/2020, 10:50 PM
This has to be a Paddy Power publicity stunt.

DCSIL
11/12/2020, 6:53 AM
Some interesting stuff on Facebook(LOI Group Chat)which i wouldn't put on here. Hmmm

pineapple stu
11/12/2020, 6:58 AM
Ah post away! If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us!

redobit
11/12/2020, 10:33 AM
'Dublin's newest super soccer franchise'.

This whole thing has to be some yank extracting the urine.

Eminence Grise
11/12/2020, 11:50 AM
I can live with that. It's the fecal mess they'd leave behind that concerns me more.

redobit
14/12/2020, 8:55 AM
I can live with that. It's the fecal mess they'd leave behind that concerns me more.

For sure, the aftermath can be always be the problem. All fine and dandy when there is a few quid flying around.

The point I was trying to make tho was ... is this a real thing. Website has players with no names, US connections, agents names with a few players they have sold, Irish stadiums listed that has nothing to do with them, some reference to Ukraine or something. Its just bizzaro.

Edit: Some people have way to much time on their hands.

Neish
14/12/2020, 5:46 PM
Its a strange one: Personally I prefer non Dublin clubs but there aren't exactly loads of applicants so if they lads are a viable club I'm happy enough. In saying that I do have some concerns about how they have basically appeared overnight and if even half the rumors have half truth in them its not something i see last more than a decade

EatYerGreens
14/12/2020, 11:52 PM
Its a strange one: Personally I prefer non Dublin clubs but there aren't exactly loads of applicants so if they lads are a viable club I'm happy enough. In saying that I do have some concerns about how they have basically appeared overnight and if even half the rumors have half truth in them its not something i see last more than a decade

A decade is generous. I'd give them five years tops. Happy to be proven wrong.

I'm still not convinced they'll get a license though, as I'm working on the assumption that one Limerick team will definitely be admitted and that they'll replace Rovers B. Though they could of course keep Rovers in and admit two new teams. I just think the IrIsh Sea proposal is too much of a leap in the dark for the FAI at a time when they can't risk any further damage to their reputation (and by extension, the league). Delaney would've loved the idea though :D

EatYerGreens
10/02/2021, 5:30 PM
Does anyone happen to have a decent copy of the previous logo that these people were using for the club ? The one with Molly Malone on.

Thanks.

pineapple stu
10/02/2021, 6:25 PM
I think that was a joke, wasn't it? It was on the @DublinCountyFC Twitter if so, which has been suspended.

Edit - is it not on the previous page of this thread?

Nesta99
10/02/2021, 9:00 PM
I think that was a joke, wasn't it? It was on the @DublinCountyFC Twitter if so, which has been suspended.

Edit - is it not on the previous page of this thread?

There is something about that first sentence that is pure LoI/FAI - in equal parts amusing and despairing!

EatYerGreens
11/02/2021, 11:46 AM

The League of Ireland truly is The Matrix.

Seagull
11/02/2021, 12:28 PM
There's only two Dublin Countys https://imgur.com/gallery/qxecS8t

Nesta99
11/02/2021, 12:39 PM
Is that a St Brigid's Cross on the crest? Maybe they are hoping to appeal to Kildare and Louth GAA fans too.

GUFCghost
12/02/2021, 1:01 PM
https://twitter.com/DublinCountyAFC
It would seem there is yet another twitter account.
It seems far too incompetent to be real, but nowhere near funny enough to be a joke

Burnsie
12/02/2021, 1:30 PM
It seems far too incompetent to be real, but nowhere near funny enough to be a joke

I would agree with this assessment - but he fact that the dope who's supposedly doing their PR doesn't even follow the account is a bit of a giveaway

for what it's worth, this account purportedly announced the signing of an actual player (Lido Lotefa of Dundalk , who had been linked with Waterford)

sidewayspasser
12/02/2021, 1:42 PM
It would seem there is yet another twitter account.
None of the twitter accounts that popped up in their name has come across as particularly competent so far.

nigel-harps1954
12/02/2021, 1:44 PM
Would wager it's the same lad who had the other account suspended. Satirical enough to believe, or at least make people question whether or not it's real. I think it's great.

Martinho II
12/02/2021, 10:03 PM
Would wager it's the same lad who had the other account suspended. Satirical enough to believe, or at least make people question whether or not it's real. I think it's great.

Yeah the younger brother was showing me a few of their tweets which are simply off the richter scale its as bad as DTs ramblings before he got the boot!

Kiki Balboa
14/02/2021, 8:53 PM
https://twitter.com/DublinCountyAFC/status/1361067767202463748

They seem to be having a meltdown.

pineapple stu
14/02/2021, 9:02 PM
That's another parody account.

I don't think they'd be training on Portmarmock Beach or thanking Bertie Ahern for his support

Kiki Balboa
14/02/2021, 9:13 PM

I don't think they'd be training on Portmarmock Beach or thanking Bertie Ahern for his support

My bad..... Its hard to keep up.

EatYerGreens
14/02/2021, 10:50 PM

They've more parody social media accounts than players at this stage.

Martinho II
15/02/2021, 7:31 PM
First we had that club in Wexford trying to join and now the 2 Dublin Cos. This is simply hilarious!

EatYerGreens
15/02/2021, 11:54 PM
First we had that club in Wexford trying to join and now the 2 Dublin Cos. This is simply hilarious!

Well they say the GAA is considering splitting Dublin into two counties. We're just ahead of them on that.

Charlie Darwin
20/02/2021, 1:48 AM
Sounds like it's not a joke so

https://www.extratime.com/articles/26650/exclusive-league-of-ireland-set-to-expand-to-22-teams-as-dublin-county-and-treaty-united-get-green-light/

Nah Nah Nah Nah
20/02/2021, 7:36 AM
This is classic FAI. Release a fixture schedule with 10 teams in it including TBC and then end up with a 12 team league. Presume this means teams must budget for 33 games rather then 27?

Trainee
20/02/2021, 11:17 AM
This is classic FAI. Release a fixture schedule with 10 teams in it including TBC and then end up with a 12 team league. Presume this means teams must budget for 33 games rather then 27?
To allow for playoffs it looks like a 22 game league, rumours of 1division sheild to make up the difference

NeverFeltBetter
20/02/2021, 4:01 PM
Give the Shield winners a playoff spot and I'd be onboard. Other than that it's pointless games for a meaningless bit of tin.

sbgawa
20/02/2021, 4:10 PM
Dan McDonnell tweating that may be a 10 team league with just Treaty added

Burnsie
20/02/2021, 5:50 PM
thank Christ for that

Calcio Jack
20/02/2021, 5:58 PM
Rovers II refused entry , so new regime in place in Abbotstown but same old small minded back woods mentality prevails as progressive club is made suffer to placate the small minded begrudgers - same thing happened all those years ago when Giles came back and here we are 40 years later and seems nothing has changed

pineapple stu
20/02/2021, 6:27 PM
Dublin County refused a licence in the end, which makes sense with no underage setup or anything like that.

Whatever you think about Rovers II in the LoI, it's utterly daft to force them to go through licensing, award them a licence, and then say they can't play after all.

sbgawa
20/02/2021, 6:37 PM
fai bow to the begrudgers again

sadloserkid
20/02/2021, 7:23 PM
So that's potentially twice now that Rovers have stepped into the breach to fill in when the FAI are stuck only to get tossed aside again at the first chance?

Sure, Rovers weren't taking part out of altruism and obviously I'd have more of a stake in Treaty getting in if there's only one place going but it seems like a pretty shoddy way to treat Shamrock Rovers at the same time. It's every bit as ludicrous that they don't know how many teams they'll have at this late juncture as it is for any other club to be waiting on fixtures/licenses.

Burnsie
20/02/2021, 8:37 PM
Dublin County refused a licence in the end, which makes sense with no underage setup or anything like that.

Whatever you think about Rovers II in the LoI, it's utterly daft to force them to go through licensing, award them a licence, and then say they can't play after all.

The report I read said that it was Morton Stadium the licencing committee had an issue with, rather than the underage set-up (which sounds incredible to me, but...)