PDA

View Full Version : EIRCOM LEAGUE WEEKLY reminder

Pages : [1] 2 3

terry9
13/06/2005, 8:47 PM
half 11 people

superfrank
13/06/2005, 8:50 PM
Any idea how many of the ties they'll show?

terry9
13/06/2005, 9:04 PM
no idea bud.

sligoman
13/06/2005, 9:43 PM
These are the cup games right?

mypost
14/06/2005, 4:17 AM
Why does this thread, sorry reminder, keep coming up every week?? :rolleyes:

Most NL fans will be aware of when the very poor show that is TV3's NL "coverage", starts. For most people it's at 11.25, but for me it starts on Tuesday's at 5.50.

Coming up soon!! :)

patsh
14/06/2005, 7:10 AM

Most NL fans will be aware of when the very poor show that is TV3's NL "coverage", starts. For most people it's at 11.25, but for me it starts on Tuesday's at 5.50.

Didn't realise you got TV3 in Liverpool......

Roo69
14/06/2005, 8:45 AM

They showed the goals from about 9 matches last night, that must be a first ? Can't understand why they can do it for a cup game and not for a league game ?

Like surely people would be more interested in seeing, lets say St. Pats Vs UCD in the premier rather than, no offence meant here to anyone, Cobh and Wayside.

monutdfc
14/06/2005, 8:55 AM
Actually, I find the reminder quite useful (I might be the only one), thanks for whoever does it. I'm usually on the web on a Monday evening, pop in here and I get reminded.

jorge
14/06/2005, 10:12 AM
They showed the goals from about 9 matches last night, that must be a first ? Can't understand why they can do it for a cup game and not for a league game ?

Like surely people would be more interested in seeing, lets say St. Pats Vs UCD in the premier rather than, no offence meant here to anyone, Cobh and Wayside.
Pats-UCD what a mouth watering encounter :rolleyes:

wws
14/06/2005, 10:24 AM

3-2 - Pats 3 up at halftime - UCD pulled two back in the second half and nearly snatched a draw

Roo69
14/06/2005, 10:40 AM

A hell of a lot more interesting than a 1st division team Vs a non league team, it was used as an example because this is the type of match that TV3 do not cover. there always gona show the likes of Bohs, Shels, Cork etc....

Roo69
14/06/2005, 10:40 AM
3-2 - Pats 3 up at halftime - UCD pulled two back in the second half and nearly snatched a draw

+ no TV3 Cameras at the match

wws
14/06/2005, 10:44 AM
I think they did show it on TV3 though....

Poor Student
14/06/2005, 11:09 AM
They definately showed the 3-2 Pats v UCD from Richmond earlier this season.

Btw I personally like the weekly reminder. The time of eL weekly is erratic and it is nice to be informed of the time change or be reminded to turn it on early.

Schumi
14/06/2005, 1:20 PM
Next one's in Belfield though :eek:

Slash/ED
14/06/2005, 1:53 PM
I think they did show it on TV3 though....

They normally don't show Pats home games though, they didn't show the one where Doyle and Fahy got two brilliant goals the other week, even though someone clearly had recorded the match as I have the goals.

superfrank
14/06/2005, 2:00 PM
They almost always show City when they play their games at Richmond, even the crap ones. Would like to see more First Div goals.

De Town
14/06/2005, 2:57 PM
They normally don't show Pats home games though, they didn't show the one where Doyle and Fahy got two brilliant goals the other week, even though someone clearly had recorded the match as I have the goals.
And they didnt show Pats a few weeks ago when we won there :rolleyes:

wws
14/06/2005, 3:00 PM

I dont want to get into a big club conspiracy thing but the TV3 el weekly's lack of pats coverage really grates with me over the few years its been on - a few clubs in this league (prem and first) and junior clubs (cup games) use richmond park and their games are invariably covered. So it cant just be an issue with the ground. The guy who recorded the pats/bray game is just a fan not a TV cameraman and he reckoned the quality wasnt good enough to send to tv3

Drumcondra Red
14/06/2005, 3:18 PM

I like the reminder, I always forget about it!!!! :confused:

terry9
14/06/2005, 4:25 PM

its about time they showed some cobh games,why always show premier games roo????

if that was the case they may as well call the show eircom premier league weekly!

we've been on once this year its about time they showed us.

TonyD
14/06/2005, 9:54 PM
I dont want to get into a big club conspiracy thing but the TV3 el weekly's lack of pats coverage really grates with me over the few years its been on - a few clubs in this league (prem and first) and junior clubs (cup games) use richmond park and their games are invariably covered. So it cant just be an issue with the ground. The guy who recorded the pats/bray game is just a fan not a TV cameraman and he reckoned the quality wasnt good enough to send to tv3

I'm glad someone else has noticed, I was beginning to think it was just me! On numerous occasions this season Pats has been the ONLY premier division game not shown by EL Weekly. And not just Pats home games either. From my reckoning Pats have played 6 home games. The ones against Finn Harps, Longford and Bray weren't shown. The home game v Bohs TG4 covered and TV3 would have got the pictures from them. That means they have sent their own cameras to RIchmond Park twice this season for Pats games. To the best of my recollection they've covered Dublin City at Richmond more than that. The away game in Waterford wasn't shown either. I can't remember if the 1st game of the season in the Carlisle grounds v Bray was shown. Am I being paranoid here ? Is there any other Premier Division team that has featured so little ? (I'm open to corrrection here) Last season was a similar story too.

mypost
15/06/2005, 4:11 AM
Didn't realise you got TV3 in Liverpool......

You don't!!

patsh
15/06/2005, 8:34 AM
You don't!!
Ahhh, you have it sent over then.......

Martinho II
15/06/2005, 10:15 AM
well until a fortnight ago, my team werent featured that much on tv3 unless there was a setantacup match but at least it seems sorted now! but you are right about them the muppets! ;)

superfrank
15/06/2005, 10:19 AM
Am I being paranoid here ? Is there any other Premier Division team that has featured so little ? (I'm open to corrrection here) Last season was a similar story too.
They don't show alot of our home games. Partly because there wasn't a tv stand at the start of the season. :o

BohDiddley
15/06/2005, 11:36 AM
The home game v Bohs TG4 ...was the dullest thing I've ever seen on television, bar none (and that includes Big Brother!). :D
But you're right. Pat's do seem to be strangely absent.

Roo69
15/06/2005, 11:41 AM
I can't remember if the 1st game of the season in the Carlisle grounds v Bray was shown.

No it was'nt shown, they missed a great game that night as well, great crowd and a atmosphere, good goals as well.

Roo69
15/06/2005, 11:43 AM
its about time they showed some cobh games,why always show premier games roo????

if that was the case they may as well call the show eircom premier league weekly!

we've been on once this year its about time they showed us.

My point is that they might get more viewers if they showed better quality matches, this is not a dig at Cobh (as i already stated) but IMO they would probably be more people interested in seeing a premier division match than a match between an average 1st division side and a LSL side.

wws
15/06/2005, 11:48 AM
exactly there doesnt seem to be any quality control in the editorial decisions

and was it my imagination or where the three panelists all talking over each other this week? where they on a most words per minute contract?

Schumi
15/06/2005, 1:01 PM
From my reckoning Pats have played 6 home games. The ones against Finn Harps, Longford and Bray weren't shown. The home game v Bohs TG4 covered and TV3 would have got the pictures from them. That means they have sent their own cameras to RIchmond Park twice this season for Pats games.
I don't think the camera for the UCD game in Richmond was TV3 either. It looked more like a camcorder type thing.

terry9
15/06/2005, 1:21 PM
but if i no that ramblers wont be on it i'm not bothered if i miss it.

mypost
16/06/2005, 4:45 AM
Ahhh, you have it sent over then.......

No. Whistles........................... :rolleyes:

Back on-topic, there are several threads here "reminding" people to watch NL Weekly on TV3 every week. Shouldn't there be just one, with weekly reminders in it?

Rory H
16/06/2005, 10:05 AM
no,its a different show every week :)

brendy_éire
20/06/2005, 10:13 PM
On in 15mins.

BohDiddley
20/06/2005, 10:15 PM
On in 15mins.
Thanks for the reminder ;)

sligoman
20/06/2005, 11:03 PM
It's on now and it's great to see that ****ing **** Pat Scully aint on it ;)

De Town
20/06/2005, 11:14 PM
crap show this week

showed bray v cork, shels v rovers, drogs v ucd and bohs intertayto match.

trevor said that reynolds might be going to shels :eek:

Slash/ED
20/06/2005, 11:21 PM
Every player in the history of football with even remote connections to the EL gets linked to Shels, mind you, I'd love it just to see the Corkies expode with rage and bile.

crc
20/06/2005, 11:37 PM
Two maybe three. Trevor was wearing one, so was Noel and I can't remember if Paul Osam had one on or not.

Sorry :o

De Town
20/06/2005, 11:40 PM
Two maybe three. Trevor was wearing one, so was Noel and I can't remember if Paul Osam had one on or not.

Sorry :o
i can confirm that Osam was infact, wearing a tie :ball:

harry crumb
20/06/2005, 11:46 PM
Negative : Trevor Welch is a poor presenter. :o

Positive : Increase in the number of cameras at the matches. :)

superfrank
21/06/2005, 9:31 AM
See Noel was suggesting Pat Scully would be the new Waterford manager. Pat's the only one I can stand on that show, Noel has an opinion on everything and Trevor is just boring. :mad:

Back to last night's show, it was a pity they didn't show Paul Doolin's usual rant. I though Rovers first goal was class.

patsh
21/06/2005, 10:44 AM
Every player in the history of football with even remote connections to the EL gets linked to Shels, mind you, I'd love it just to see the Corkies expode with rage and bile.
Why would we do that?:confused:

A lot of City fans may "expode(sic) with rage and bile" if he comes back to us.
To the vast majority of City fans, he is a thug and a scumbag so we don't want anything to do with him.

Of course, he would fit right in with Oily Tyson's stable of thugs.

If things really go down the tubes for $h€l$, Oily can bring himself and his bruisers around the country, a travelling circus fighting people for money...:D

sullanefc
21/06/2005, 10:52 AM
Anyone think that Paul Osam was incredibly boring. And wearing a tie with a short slieved shirt is a major no no. I know people can be nervous when they are not used to being a pundit. But it seemed to me like he was thrown in at the deep-end. Another thing I find annoying on the show as that they keep talking over each other. Very unprofessional. Well thats my 2 cents anyways.

Slash/ED
21/06/2005, 11:27 AM
Why would we do that?:confused:

because imagine Ollie and Reynolds at the same club, you wouldn't know who to hate more when you played us...

Dyl10
21/06/2005, 11:31 AM
See Noel was suggesting Pat Scully would be the new Waterford manager

I was under the impression that he was talking bout Pat Dolan

Slash/ED
21/06/2005, 11:35 AM
So was I

superfrank
21/06/2005, 12:14 PM
I was under the impression that he was talking bout Pat Dolan
He was saying someone very dear to us and someone we know very well. I don't think Pat (Dolan) isn't the best of pals with Noel, in fairness. I think it was Pat Scully. Though you'd think Dolan would be a more likely candidiate.

pete
21/06/2005, 12:16 PM
Classic eL Weekly Last Night!

City scored 2 good goals in Bray sunshine.
Shel$ denied dodgy looking "goal" in Tolka (what goes around comes aroudn as for Harris "goal").
Spectacular miss by Glen Crowe.
Ollie Byrne thuggery discussed.
Kinger says Shel$ in meltdown.
And best of all suggestions that Waterford turning to the Dark Side.

:D :D :D