PDA

View Full Version : Galway Replay

Fair_play_boy
13/06/2005, 8:11 PM
Phew. Flynnie just scored a penalty to make it 1-nil. Any news on how it came?

De Town
13/06/2005, 8:21 PM
From the Cork website:

"City take the lead in the second half. John O'Flynn converted a penalty kick after George O'Callaghan was fouled in the box. Five minutes later, a Galway United midfielder [FORTUNE] was sent off."

terry9
13/06/2005, 8:44 PM

HOW COME YOUR NOT AT THE GAME?

ccfcgirl
13/06/2005, 8:54 PM
Im just back from the game ,Roy o donavan got man of the match ,I was surprised to be honest .No subs used for Cork city .Around 3500-4000 crowd there.

Counting Crow
13/06/2005, 10:00 PM
I thought Roy and Fenn were excellent tonight. Fenn is like a new man of late, chasing everything and his first touch is brilliant.

Spotter was (whisper it) a little harsh..........how ironic is that :D after Galway not getting one last Friday night.

I haven't seen such a one sided match in years though.....in truth Galway were brutal. They hoofed everything and there were some very nasty tackles.
The guy that got the red card had it coming for a while - he was constantly giving Kelly lip and he just got pi$$ed off with him - stupid really.

The gulf in basic skill and ball control was huge.

They were awful. It should have been 5 or 6 nil to be honest.

Bit of a concern seeing Flynny go down a couple of times and gingerly pick himself up. Can't see him lasting the season to be honest :(

ollie
13/06/2005, 10:11 PM
Spotter was (whisper it) a little harsh..........how ironic is that :D after Galway not getting one last Friday night.

i'd agree with you there.goalie was already down and georgie then ran over him to get the penalty. fully deserved the win though.Galway didn't offer much.Didn't come out of their shell at all really but they should have scored just before half time.brutal miss(did it bobal before he hit it?)

daveh
13/06/2005, 10:18 PM
a good enough performance from city but u could see straight away we missed doyler, on a positive note though, towards the end of the game flynny looked to be getin back into the swing of things more and the goal will obviously help a bit

we should have had more goals but were through to the next round and after the last 2 seasons we cant complain can we!!

dont know how roy got motm to be honest,i would have given it to fenn or gamble,great crowd aswell for a monday night,about 4,000 id say

fair play to yer man for the 250 kick-ups,harsh on the old doll after getin 203 last week!!

Schunter Netz
13/06/2005, 11:56 PM
O'Flynn was like an ould fella on crutches. Every time there was contact with his precious body, he went down like a soft sack of spuds,worrying about whether he'd ever be right again. There was a remarkable period when City were attacking repeatedly and Flynn had to crawl off the pitch to avoid the game being stopped - it was remarked that it was a decent indication of what the rest of the players think of Flynnie's injuries. Indeed! We can't go through a season hoping to win the league with a paranoid crock for a target man. We need a centre forward, maybe even two, and thats no insult to Neale Fenn who played very well tonight.

we shall not be
14/06/2005, 1:33 AM
O'Flynn was like an ould fella on crutches. Every time there was contact with his precious body, he went down like a soft sack of spuds,worrying about whether he'd ever be right again. There was a remarkable period when City were attacking repeatedly and Flynn had to crawl off the pitch to avoid the game being stopped - it was remarked that it was a decent indication of what the rest of the players think of Flynnie's injuries. Indeed! We can't go through a season hoping to win the league with a paranoid crock for a target man. We need a centre forward, maybe even two, and thats no insult to Neale Fenn who played very well tonight.

first prize in the "braindead post of the year" goes to god knows whats his name....MORON

Go watch darts or something

thecorner
14/06/2005, 3:25 AM
first prize in the "braindead post of the year" goes to god knows whats his name....MORON

somebody doesnt agree with ur opinion and they are morons :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

razor
14/06/2005, 7:31 AM
We were absolutely woeful last night, Galway didn't come to play just defend but we didn't create a decent chance in the 1st half. we did up things in the 2nd but without a fortunate penaly I doubt we would have broken them down at all. While I agree Fenn & Gamble had good games I would have given MOTM to Billy, I thought he caused Galway a lot of problems especially in the 2nd half and how he missed that chance at the end i'll never know.
George was very poor last night, O'Flynn looks like a guy short on confidence, a few goals should sort that one out. Good to see the set pieces being shared around, this Georgie 1st ever for everything was getting a bit boring.

patsh
14/06/2005, 7:57 AM
We look as if we need a new striker.

Agree with you about Billy, thought he played very well.
I thought the "penalty" last Friday night was much more clearcut than the one last night, though I didn't see the incident with George last night. We badly need to up our gamer against Bray. Simply hitting the ball up high will be meaty and drink for Charles on Friday night, so a major improvement needed to even get a point.

razor
14/06/2005, 8:18 AM
Didn't make Galway last Friday but did see Bray at the Cross and they looked poor, Avondale really gave them a game and had Dale had 11 players for the whole game it could have been different. We do look really short of players up front. Did we have a striker on the bench last night ?
Is CP O'Brien on loan still at Limerick or did they sign him?
I heard some rumours surrounding Glen Fitzpatrick but Shels would hardly sell to us.

Eire06
14/06/2005, 8:35 AM
Didn't see the replay but according to reports the better team won! :(

I do think though that you have to really look at your team, there is a few problems with strikers in particular, your just not getting the goals..

Come on like you only beat us because of 2 dodgy ref decisions and we are second from the bottom of the first Division...

There are plenty of teams much better than us that will be able to make the most of your weaknesses...

I wish you all the best with the rest of your season :o

Peadar
14/06/2005, 9:01 AM
We look as if we need a new striker.

I firmly believe that having Liam and Denis back fit would give us that little bit extra we need to kill off teams.
You could even keep Fenn in the side by sticking him on the right.

Possible XI
Flynny
Behan
Kearney Georgie Gamble Fenn
Danny Hoggie
Dan Beno
Devine

That's no bad side!

Troy.McClure
14/06/2005, 9:21 AM
Flynn to get fit, Behan to come back, O'Donavin can be moved from the wing, Kearney to come back and start giving more supply to the front guys and Nolan is on loan to Limerick so things are ok up front. We werent a one man team with Doyle, so things should be ok.

We need a right winger and a sub for the left one IMO.