PDA

View Full Version : HT: Cork City 0 - 0 Galway Utd

GalwayFrancis
13/06/2005, 7:25 PM
Half Time: and we're still in it. thank god!!!
c'mon, fluke one goal and we're through

Poor Student
13/06/2005, 8:05 PM
Still hanging in there according to Aertel. Fair play to you. Go on and win! :ball:

exiled_gufc_fan
13/06/2005, 8:09 PM
Still hanging in there according to Aertel. Fair play to you. Go on and win! :ball:

O'Flynn penalty for Cork on 70 mins. Bloody typical. Is it the same ref that didn't give us one on Friday?

Poor Student
13/06/2005, 8:13 PM
The ref is a different one. From Cork I believe. Hard luck lads. Still a little time.

Poor Student
13/06/2005, 8:17 PM
Fortune sent off on 76th min.

De Town
13/06/2005, 8:19 PM
The ref is a different one. From Cork I believe. Hard luck lads. Still a little time.
Corky Alan Kelly is the ref.

GalwayFrancis
13/06/2005, 8:23 PM
about 10mins left now, one nil down, doesnt look good AND Fortune got sent off...... fcek sake!!!!

GalwayFrancis
13/06/2005, 8:33 PM
FAI CARLSBERG CUP SECOND ROUND REPLAY
Cork City ............1-0 . Galway United .. RES
O'Flynn pen 70 ............Fortune s/o 76

exiled_gufc_fan
13/06/2005, 8:35 PM
FAI CARLSBERG CUP SECOND ROUND REPLAY
Cork City ............1-0 . Galway United .. RES
O'Flynn pen 70 ............Fortune s/o 76

Knocked out by a Cork ref then :mad: :mad: :mad:

exiled_gufc_fan
13/06/2005, 10:18 PM

Goddamit and I hadn't even see this post on the CCFC forum at that stage ...

i'd agree with you there.goalie was already down and o flynn then ran over him to get the penalty. fully deserved the win though.Galway didn't offer much.Didn't come out of their shell at all really but they should have scored just before half time.brutal miss(did it bobal before he hit it?)

GalwayFrancis
13/06/2005, 10:24 PM
ah, dont be like that, i all fairness its not always the ref's fault,
we did draw with cork at home and only lost one nil away and
there's 20 places between the two teams. we should be delighted
that we got to a replay and only lost on a penalty!!! c'mon utd
lets turn the season around....

we shall not be
14/06/2005, 1:43 AM
Ye were knocked out cause ye were appalling.Galway was as bad as any side that have played at the cross ye lived a charmed life and how we didnt put a bag full no one will ever know.

Galway Francis....you are top class mate i take me hat off to you,fair dues pal it guys like you and the others who went to the game last friday night i feel sorry for.The same cant be said for the Galway public the attendence was a joke i know you said there were 2000 there but i dont think there was even half that.Im afraid the league of Ireland is dying in our rip off culture.There is no one going to any games anymore either way hard luck again lads i mean that genuinely and keep up the great work ye are doing up there,sorry to say ye are a dying breed.

we shall not be
14/06/2005, 1:13 PM
I was in Terryland park..where did i say you were living a dream ?????? ...show me.I was actually complimenting you which obvioulsy went straight over your head as you are probably about 14 years old.Dont be looking for praise for being great supporters everyone who follows Eircom league is a great supporter whether the team is good or bad.Dont forget these are the same players who have ye second from the bottom in the first division who it seems cant be bothered to raise thier game every week or do you blame the ref every week ?? i have been following Cork city for 16 years and last night was the first time i evr saw a Cork ref for the game some guy said how can there be 4 Cork officials for a Cork game ??? well normally there are 4 Dublin ones against Dublin teams so we have more than got the raw end of the stick.you said Cork were disappointing well you dont follow them every week to judge how good or bad they are so you go back to following Galway and il follow city.

we shall not be
14/06/2005, 4:09 PM
"low on confidence" we are top of the league...you do come up with some crackers....stop using cliches to describe matchs,try and make up your own mind,if you even had the slightest idea you would have seen we were over confident against ye last friday night and as for winning the league we will and without Kevin not sure how you could know how we miss Kevin considering you have never seen a Cork city game where he played in,but then again as i say make up your own mind.

The Dynamo
15/06/2005, 9:15 PM
as for our fans, yes we do get v.low attendences, about 500-600 id say, but we have some of the best fans in the league that will travel anywhere , we had about 30 fans at the cork match, that made about the same amount of noise as your so-called 4000 ppl attendence, :eek:

Both you and i know that that is absolute crap. I went down and sat next to your section for most of the first half and what i noticed is that the Galway fans just waited until the shed(which is at the other end of the ground) started singing and then they started singing and the shed could still be heard over ye, so dont go on about boasting about your 30 fans which by our standards is a very poor away fans travelling, even even the clubs such as Bray and Drogheda bring onwards of 70+

tiktok
15/06/2005, 9:24 PM
.......... dont go on about boasting about your 30 fans which by our standards is a very poor away fans travelling, even even the clubs such as Bray and Drogheda bring onwards of 70+

whatever about the 'who made more noise' argument, the above is harsh, there were never that many people who would travel with two days notice that distance on a monday night

Éanna
15/06/2005, 10:18 PM
Both you and i know that that is absolute crap. I went down and sat next to your section for most of the first half and what i noticed is that the Galway fans just waited until the shed(which is at the other end of the ground) started singing and then they started singing and the shed could still be heard over ye, so dont go on about boasting about your 30 fans which by our standards is a very poor away fans travelling, even even the clubs such as Bray and Drogheda bring onwards of 70+
in fairness to galway they're a first div club who only had two days notice to organise the travel. I thought they made a fair bit of noise and I was in the middle of the Shed with a drum hanging off my neck. Fair play to them

GalwayFrancis
15/06/2005, 11:24 PM
did the lads bring down many drums or flags?

Terry
16/06/2005, 7:29 AM
:)
we really wet ourselfs :D

Jasus Vinny, don't be telling everybody your medical conditions! you would want to see a doctor about that!!! :D

Only Kidding, someone was going to say it anyway!!!

Éanna
16/06/2005, 12:09 PM
also Eanna we were ****ing our holes laughing at the guy on the announcer, the drawn out names in the american accent geeeeeeeeooooorrrrrrrrrggggeeeeeeee O Ccccccccaaaaaaaaalllgggggghhhhhaann lol so funny, we really wet ourselfs :D
Whatever about laughing at Ruairi, he doesn't have an american accent.....

Éanna
16/06/2005, 10:57 PM
if hes not american he certainly puts on an american accent dont call us lyers we could hear him, it was 1 of the funniest things i ever heard the long drawn out names like a boxing announcer... :p i wish we would have a peep like that at terryland that guy made us laugh so hard
Nah, he's definitely not american. He posts on this site and he can tell ye where he's from himself if he wants. I know he draws it out alright, but I wouldn't say its in any way american- believe me, I've known the little git for years :D :D

we shall not be
18/06/2005, 1:42 AM
as for not nowing about cork, all you had to do was watch them on monday they were very poor , if bray give them any sort of game they can win, cork are low on confidence and they looked ****, like you said were second from bottom so that doesnt make cork look to good does it.... poor you doyle is gone, you will see corks season challenge for the premier dissapearing they have no attacking options,

Well Vinny i just wanted to say you were spot on last week with your forecast....Our challenge is disappearing...as we go 7 points ahead of derry and 8 ahead of shels,you should not comment on something you dont know anything about ie cork city.
I am not the type to stir siht but you were so **** sure last week talking about city that i could not let it go,cup football is a one off and galway always have a chance in a one off game hey liverpool won the champions league cause it was a cup competition.

I see Galway didnt win either tonight..will there be a complaint lodged somewhere ??? what was tonights excuse ??you'd swear ye were the first team ever done out of it by a ref,Cork city have Dublin refs against dublin teams week in week out so get on with it and start worrying why your own players can only lift themselves to play against teams like city,but as you said ye have no professionals,not wrong there...

Conor H
18/06/2005, 12:25 PM
A few uncalled insults and trolling there,i wonder have you some sort of dislike for the maroon army because you seem to be determined to tarnish an ,up to now,brillaint relationship between city and utd fans.The game is in the past i don't see why you feel you need to assure everyone that yere a class side,we do know the league table position of both our sides :rolleyes:

btw calling our players unprofessional shows how little YOU know about our club and what excuse do we need tonightr we drew with the league leaders :rolleyes:

Ruairi
18/06/2005, 12:45 PM
Nah, he's definitely not american. He posts on this site and he can tell ye where he's from himself if he wants. I know he draws it out alright, but I wouldn't say its in any way american- believe me, I've known the little git for years :D :D

ha ha american accent.. nice one.. that made me laugh i have to say... nice one :)

I'll have to practice a bit more before monday so.. and i think i'll have to shout "LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE" just before the match starts too..

TheNorthsider
20/06/2005, 12:33 PM
Vinny,roy and fenny doing the business fri nite against bray and as you say we are lacking in the scoring dept and short on confidence and only 6 points clear.Yes kevin doyle is a huge loss to city but we are a big club and the departure of kevin doyle will give others an opportunity.
And if they don't work out we will bring someone in simple as that.Galway simply raised their game against city in the cup and with a poor referrees decision preventing them winning it in galway.But city are in the next round and the win over galway will be forgotten.
what would bother me if i was you is obviously players aren't putting it in week in week out as their league position shows.And long may our confidence be low.