PDA

View Full Version : League Meeting Tonight

Réiteoir
13/06/2005, 7:06 PM
There seems to be a league meeting tonight with 4 clubs having motions in to expel Rovers from the league. Main person behind it rumoured to be Ollie. This only seems to becoming public now, anyone hear anything about it?

Anto McC
13/06/2005, 7:12 PM
It doesn't suprise me one bit to see a fan of Bohs **** stirring

dancinpants
13/06/2005, 7:13 PM
Is there news of this meeting publicised somewhere?

Réiteoir
13/06/2005, 7:15 PM

I heard the original news from two other sources (one a Bohs fan the other a Shels fan).

Ask a simple question and I get a condesending reply from one of the 704

chippie0001
13/06/2005, 7:47 PM

It comes from Roddy on the radio, an interview on Anna Livia tonight, so I guess it may well be a Bohs fan **** stirring :o Also was told this by a hoop who heard it last night.

TonyD
13/06/2005, 8:47 PM
Yeah, I heard Roddy on the radio too. And D2, given Ollies well publicised remarks about Rovers it's hardly a great leap of the imagination to suggest he is probably the prime mover behind it. Wonder who the other 3 are. Ronan Seery anyone ? Anyway, whatever about the licence issue, or any other gripe people may have against Rovers, trying to have them thrown out of the league is pretty low in my opinion. If the licence rules are followed to the letter there could be a lot more clubs thrown out. Remember not one club got a licence at the first time of asking. It's a complete farce. Surely the league and the FAI should be there to help clubs, not put them out of football. It would be pretty hard trying to run a league with about four or five teams left wouldn't it ?

Green Force
13/06/2005, 9:36 PM
Yeah, I heard Roddy on the radio too. And D2, given Ollies well publicised remarks about Rovers it's hardly a great leap of the imagination to suggest he is probably the prime mover behind it. Wonder who the other 3 are. Ronan Seery anyone ? Anyway, whatever about the licence issue, or any other gripe people may have against Rovers, trying to have them thrown out of the league is pretty low in my opinion. If the licence rules are followed to the letter there could be a lot more clubs thrown out. Remember not one club got a licence at the first time of asking. It's a complete farce. Surely the league and the FAI should be there to help clubs, not put them out of football. It would be pretty hard trying to run a league with about four or five teams left wouldn't it ?

I would think that the board of Branvard might finally initiate a judicial reveiw of the licence which would have the added bonus of giving us our points back.

EnDai
13/06/2005, 9:39 PM
I would think that the board of Branvard might finally initiate a judicial reveiw of the licence which would have the added bonus of giving us our points back.

You'd still be second last :eek: :cool: !!

pete
13/06/2005, 9:49 PM
Anyway, whatever about the licence issue, or any other gripe people may have against Rovers, trying to have them thrown out of the league is pretty low in my opinion. If the licence rules are followed to the letter there could be a lot more clubs thrown out. Remember not one club got a licence at the first time of asking. It's a complete farce. Surely the league and the FAI should be there to help clubs, not put them out of football.

I agree. Once clubs start turing on each other like this will be no end to it & kill the league.

Oily is always first to insist rules are applied to other clubs but first to harp on about unprofessional league/FAI when the same rules applied to his own club.

I know shels have never been really popular but is the anyone left who doesn't dispise shels now?

Anto McC
13/06/2005, 9:54 PM
I think there is more than a slight chance that Bohs are one of the clubs also,considering what happened at the recent game between the two sides and the fact they hadn't got the bottle to do anything about it so get the league to do it.

I used to care about what other clubs thought about Shels but now i just don't give a f*ck

A face
14/06/2005, 12:01 AM
If Ollie is moving behind the scenes to have Rovers removed ... then all the other 20+ should move to remove Shels !! He is really pushing the boat out here !!

Cosmo
14/06/2005, 7:09 AM
I hate seeing clubs kick others when they're down - it's bad form in my opinion. The EL struggles as it is without clubs publicly trying to kick each other out of the league :rolleyes:

Roverstillidie
14/06/2005, 11:25 AM
I think there is more than a slight chance that Bohs are one of the clubs also,considering what happened at the recent game between the two sides and the fact they hadn't got the bottle to do anything about it so get the league to do it.

I used to care about what other clubs thought about Shels but now i just don't give a f*ck

why would bohzzz try to have us removed? they need our money too badly. if they wanted to screw us, they would have last week.

this wont be forgotten, whoever you are... lash rovers out just before a multi million euro investment into their team. which 4 teams are 4 teams ****ting themselves the most at that prospect?

Slash/ED
14/06/2005, 11:32 AM

Exactly. People want to be outraged by Shels so they invent their own stories, it's f*cking pathetic yet funny at the same time watching how desperate they are. Some of the posts on here defie logic, I'll never forget the clown who in one paragraph said that the Shels board were running the club at a loss and putting money from their own pocket in which was something he despised Shels for then went on, in the same paragraph, to say that the Shels board were running Shels like a business and didn't care about the football side of things which is why he despise Shels. There's some comedy gold on here.

patsh
14/06/2005, 11:34 AM
There's some comedy gold on here.
There is indeed....quite a lot of it served up by paranoid $h€l$ fans......:D

anto eile
14/06/2005, 12:55 PM
according to the ultras site there was no motion to expel Rovers. examership and the point deduction were on the agenda,but no actual motion for expulsion
according to the ultras site anyway