PDA

View Full Version : Live Eircom Soccer returns

centre mid
13/06/2005, 3:34 PM
After a near 2 month wait, Live Eircom soccer returns to our screens with the dublin derby between Shelbourne and Shamrock Rovers ( rovers first appearance of the season i think ),

On a personal note, as i have to work on friday evening and cant go to the Bray game, at least i can bath in the splendid display of top class action i am sure that game will provide :D

Match is live on Setanta 8.00 pm Friday

tiktok
13/06/2005, 3:40 PM
After a near 2 month wait, Live Eircom soccer returns to our screens

Derry -v- Shels was on TG4 last Friday

Buller
13/06/2005, 3:41 PM
Rovers second apperance on tv actually... remember the first series of matches, Bohs v Rovers..... and what about last fridays live game shels v derry, 2 months? get your facts right!!! (sorry if im seeming negitive..)

centre mid
13/06/2005, 3:43 PM
Rovers second apperance on tv actually... remember the first series of matches, Bohs v Rovers..... and what about last fridays live game?! 2 months? get your facts right!!!

I do believe that last week was the FAI Cup

tiktok
13/06/2005, 3:45 PM
I do believe that last week was the FAI Cup

well if you're going to be pedantic, there's no such thing as ''Eircom soccer'' :p :D

centre mid
13/06/2005, 3:47 PM
:rolleyes: this could be a long thread :)

tiktok
13/06/2005, 3:48 PM
:rolleyes: this could be a long thread :)

you started it :D :D

centre mid
13/06/2005, 3:50 PM
you started it :D :D

Point taken - Anyway its on the box Friday :ball:

tiktok
13/06/2005, 3:52 PM
Point taken - Anyway its on the box Friday :ball:

OK seriously, that is good to see.

Setanta don't have the GAA coverage to keep the station going over the summer IMO, so they should (in theory at least) have to turn to regular EL games. They've proven in the past that they put a good coverage show together so It's all positive. The more media exposure, the better

centre mid
13/06/2005, 3:59 PM
Yeah i like Setantas coverage, they have more than one camera, they seem to be taking the sky sports platform, ( quick word with the manager at half time etc ), Hopefully this will be a weekly occurance over the summer with rte and setanta alternating, think i read that there was to be 30+ games screened this season ( think that includes any FAI Cup shown )

goattail
13/06/2005, 4:09 PM
Better then TV3s coverage anyway, that stations commentary and analisys teams are so bad I just cant watch football on it.

centre mid
13/06/2005, 4:16 PM
Yeah the off-side show was cringe-worthy at times but at least they are making an effort, Eircom league weekly is enjoyable, the more coverage the better, or as Damien Dempsey would say "Its all Guuuud"

Slash/ED
13/06/2005, 4:46 PM
Has it really been 2 months since the Shels Cork game?

I like Setantas coverage in general but their commentators not the best imo. When they first did LOI coverage they had Declan Drake do the commentary, he's much better imo, they should get him back in.

centre mid
13/06/2005, 4:56 PM
Has it really been 2 months since the Shels Cork game?

That was for dramatic effect, think its 6 weeks, too long anyway

holidaysong
13/06/2005, 5:22 PM
Is it just me or have Shelbourne been in over half the televised games so far? And if I remember correctly I think all the games so far have been in Dublin...

BohDiddley
13/06/2005, 5:43 PM
Shels again ... ZZZZZZZZZZ zzzzzzzzzzzz
Why are broadcasters obsessing with this bunch of serial hackers'n'hoofers?

Slash/ED
13/06/2005, 5:44 PM
Shels again ... ZZZZZZZZZZ zzzzzzzzzzzz
Why are broadcasters obsessing with this bunch of serial hackers'n'hoofers?

I can't understand either after the clinic of total football put in in Bohs two live games how they aren't being shown every week :confused:

BohDiddley
13/06/2005, 5:49 PM
I can't understand either after the clinic of total football put in in Bohs two live games how they aren't being shown every week :confused:
Can't really remember the last Bohs one, but the Pats one was dire, I'll admit. My kid, who is a total Bohs fan, which by defintion makes him a total football fan, :p fell fast asleep. :)
Still, I really think the schedulers should show a little more imagination than Shels with everything. They really are a bunch of sheep.

Cosmo
13/06/2005, 6:22 PM
Setantas coverage is top class - hope they stay with the league in the long run.

It's just a pity the matches that they are showing is on friday nights seen as most EL matches are on fridays and thus alot of EL supporters miss the coverage of the matches

Poor Student
13/06/2005, 7:48 PM
Setantas coverage is top class - hope they stay with the league in the long run.

It's just a pity the matches that they are showing is on friday nights seen as most EL matches are on fridays and thus alot of EL supporters miss the coverage of the matches

I can't quite figure this out. The eL brings the interest of a kind of specilaist audience many of whom are out watching live football when the games are on.

dancinpants
13/06/2005, 8:04 PM

ALOT of fans don't make it to away matches (bar supporters of Dublin teams playing away matches against other teams in Dublin) so I s'pose its good for these fans.

Poor Student
13/06/2005, 8:06 PM
ALOT of fans don't make it to away matches (bar supporters of Dublin teams playing away matches against other teams in Dublin) so I s'pose its good for these fans.

I do get what you're saying Dancin. But still couldn't it be better for all of us on say a Saturday?

Slash/ED
13/06/2005, 8:14 PM
I do get what you're saying Dancin. But still couldn't it be better for all of us on say a Saturday?

Friday is the best day for crowds though, so Setanta would want the best possible crowds for the matches they show so it comes across better.

kdjaC
13/06/2005, 8:25 PM
Friday is the best day for crowds though, so Setanta would want the best possible crowds for the matches they show so it comes across better.

So why show Shels? ;)

Should be a Tv night like Saturday Night Football or somfin, but on plus side if you on tv and are at the game more than likely local pub will record game and shoq it for drinking pontifications.

kdjac

Poor Student
13/06/2005, 8:32 PM

Do you think Setanta think on those lines? I assume they'd rather the extra thousands of audience who are attending the matches on Friday than have a mildly better asthetic setting in the stadium of an extra few hundred fans.

Slash/ED
13/06/2005, 8:35 PM
Do you think Setanta think on those lines? I assume they'd rather the extra thousands of audience who are attending the matches on Friday than have a mildly better asthetic setting in the stadium of an extra few hundred fans.

Well for non EL fans the more people there, the better it looks and the more likely they'll be to tune in to future games. EL games attract bigger tV audiences than all regular attendences combined by far, so it's that casual audience they're mainly going for. Anyway half the clubs are playing away, some not playing at all, so there will be plenty of EL fans around to watch the TV

So why show Shels?

When I saw you'd replied I KNEW you'd say that :p