PDA

View Full Version : Fairview don't Win a Trophy !!!

backodanet
13/06/2005, 1:55 PM
how long is it since this happened :eek: 15 years??

whats going on i know they lost barrett and kelliher and harmon

is it the manager ??

was it the new keeper ??

anyone any ideas

:ball: :ball: :ball:

First
13/06/2005, 2:15 PM
Too many Clare league players

widow
13/06/2005, 6:34 PM
they simply don't have the players any more

magic_man
13/06/2005, 9:29 PM
they simply don't have the players any more

i agree also the fact that b4 the best players wanted to go to fairview cos it normally meant an fai medal whereas now limerick senior soccer seems to have got its act together and have much more appeal.it showed this year cos if they were still in the fai i dont believe barrett and kelliher would have left when they did,and now some of their better young players are gone to the under 21 side,times gone by they could win the premier league with most of their young players.

shelbourne1904
15/06/2005, 10:02 AM
Sad for Fairview and for Limerick Junior football but isnt it great to see a Limerick team challenging for promotion in the EL first division.Ihave a feeling that if they dont get up this year,which I think they will,they will still have the heart,the players and the rescources to try again unlike the last attempt which was a brave effort by Dave Connell,Fran Mullaly(how he is missed in football circles) and poor old Joe Young and of course the players,who showed so much pride in a Limerick jersey,however the facade hid the fact that the rescources were paper thin and cracked after Joes panic button act in the second season.

magic_man
16/06/2005, 3:43 AM
Too many Clare league players

they only have 1 ,mike o malley

Coachauu
27/06/2005, 4:02 AM
Anyone remember Jody Purcell?
Is he still playing ball?
I know he is a brother to a footballer and thats about it.
He liked to nutmeg people, that's all he could do.
Any info on his where he is?

Worried fan!

Roadend
27/06/2005, 9:33 AM

Worried fan!

He was down at Abbey Rovers this season, didn't play well really so I don't think you'll see him there next season. He was a bit of a one trick pony, as you say. I heard he could be signing for Geraldines B as he knows a few lads playing for them.

slippers
27/06/2005, 3:59 PM
Can anyone from Fairview confirm John Whyte &/or Mike Kerley as their new managers for the coming season :confused:

slippers
27/06/2005, 4:00 PM
He was down at Abbey Rovers this season, didn't play well really so I don't think you'll see him there next season. He was a bit of a one trick pony, as you say. I heard he could be signing for Geraldines B as he knows a few lads playing for them.
Heard Jody & Pa Moloney are signing for the Boro

slippers
28/06/2005, 10:56 AM
Fairview will be hard pushed next year I think.
They have now lost Wayne Colbert & Shane Guerin to Limerick aswell of course as losing Tommy Barrett & Robbie earlier in the season.

That is a lot of replacing to be done especially if Jason Purcell hangs up his boots.

Anyone got any info on the View ?

I know they have Alan Barry in the bag but they will need a partner for him & a couple of solid midfield players

lim abroad
28/06/2005, 2:31 PM

Worried fan!
he always fancied himself as a bit of a hard man

lim abroad
28/06/2005, 2:32 PM
i think he's after bagging a big money move across the channel

Roadend
28/06/2005, 2:56 PM
i think he's after bagging a big money move across the channel

That's the canal you're thinking of, over from Abbey to Geraldines B.