PDA

View Full Version : Stewards in Terryland

GalwayFrancis
12/06/2005, 5:37 PM
How did you find the stewards in Terryland on friday night?

ccfcgirl
12/06/2005, 5:45 PM
They didnt mind us having smoke bombs which was a big +in my eyes .

Éanna
12/06/2005, 5:45 PM
They left us be really, there was no need for them to get involved really, they came and cleared away the smoke bombs, but that was it.

thecorner
12/06/2005, 7:15 PM
excellent job, just left us create our atmosphere without batting an eye-lid. great trip all round

BTW why options 4 & 5 :confused:

GalwayFrancis
12/06/2005, 10:32 PM
BTW why options 4 & 5 :confused:

that was suppose to read options 3 & 5 sorry

adamd164
13/06/2005, 9:23 AM
I thought they were grand. I'd take em over our stewards any day ;)

Peadar
13/06/2005, 9:32 AM
The girls from the Civil Defence would nearly want to get over themselves a small bit. Wannabe organisers! :rolleyes:

tiktok
13/06/2005, 9:32 AM
They were grand, could have caused hassle over the smoke and flares but didn't, went about their business well.
Didn't really notice them to be honest, which I guess is as it should be.
The Civil defence girls were a wee bit annoying though. I don't see how sitting on a wall having a chat is blocking access when the pathway was four/five feet wide :p

tiktok
13/06/2005, 9:34 AM
Peadar....snap ;)

Colm
13/06/2005, 3:17 PM
I thought they were quite good.
Our own stewards would have tried to start trouble over the smoke and flares but the Galway stewards let them run their course and came up after to clear up. Thus, there was no hassle and everyone was happy. Fair play to them.

Used2BHibs Fan
13/06/2005, 3:45 PM
Met one of them in Fibbers in Ayre Building Site - he was sound, mentioned that he was the one who looked at the flares - said that he asked that they be put out correctly and once that was done he was happy.

Thought that the Civil Defence girls in the orange kit looked well, what with the wolly socks showing over the boots the mind was in overdrive, sad to hear that they gave some lads a hard time but better looking than any others that I have seen around the league , not that this would be hard to achieve

Colm
13/06/2005, 4:07 PM
mentioned that he was the one who looked at the flares - said that he asked that they be put out correctly and once that was done he was happy.

This seems to be the attitude most stewards and gardai adopt throughout the league....... not in Turners Cross though, our stewards prefer to try and strat fights! :rolleyes:

De Town
13/06/2005, 7:49 PM
This seems to be the attitude most stewards and gardai adopt throughout the league....... not in Turners Cross though, our stewards prefer to try and strat fights! :rolleyes:
same as our wánkers :mad:

GalwayFrancis
13/06/2005, 8:25 PM
same as our wánkers :mad:

yea, i always hated your stewards, ever since we played ye's a year or two (or three :D ) ago

De Town
13/06/2005, 8:28 PM
yea, i always hated your stewards, ever since we played ye's a year or two (or three :D ) ago
do ya mean the cup match? What a great night ;) ah seriously though, our fellas are such wánkers. If any team has flares/smokeombs at all they take them out straight away when they light them. Its not as if its under a tight roof where something could go wrong because everything is so open in our place. We dont allow TIFO flag poles either :rolleyes:

sligoman
13/06/2005, 9:41 PM
Just wondering what do ye think of our stewards? Have ye ever had any trouble with them before? :confused:

De Town
13/06/2005, 10:24 PM
Just wondering what do ye think of our stewards? Have ye ever had any trouble with them before? :confused:
Will hopefully be able to tell ya after next Tuesday night ;) Was at the friendly a few years ago (The day Ireland beat England in Twickenham) but it obviously wasnt taken too seriously.

sligoman
14/06/2005, 4:01 PM
Will hopefully be able to tell ya after next Tuesday night ;)

Oh yeah, how do you think ye'll get on against us then?

De Town
14/06/2005, 5:37 PM
Oh yeah, how do you think ye'll get on against us then?
I will start a new thread in your forum....

sligoman
14/06/2005, 5:39 PM
I will start a new thread in your forum....

Yeah your probably right ;) .I'm sure the Cork boys have no interest in our game :D

De Town
14/06/2005, 5:42 PM
.I'm sure the Cork boys have no interest in our game :D
well ,we are playing them the following Friday so they might have 1 eye on it.