PDA

View Full Version : U-21's win against Tullamore

Poor Student
12/06/2005, 10:52 AM
SOUTH LEINSTER
SAT JUNE 11
Tullamore 0-3 UCD RES
Terry Adams Park

According to Aertel. Was that the 1st game of the season? Where are we playing U-21 games this year?

Poor Student
12/06/2005, 11:08 AM
I checked it up. It was the 1st game. Fair play to the boys, lets retain our title.

CollegeTillIDie
12/06/2005, 2:31 PM
Poor Student
The usual pitch beside Foster's Avenue and probably 12 o'clock on Saturday kick-offs if previous patterns are followed. That first game was most likely an away fixture. And though that was the first official League game of the season College's Under 21's played in a Shield competition organised by about 9 of the clubs for a few weeks in April and May.

Schumi
13/06/2005, 2:35 PM
Anyone have the team/goal scorers?

Poor Student
13/06/2005, 3:06 PM
Poor Student
The usual pitch beside Foster's Avenue and probably 12 o'clock on Saturday kick-offs if previous patterns are followed. That first game was most likely an away fixture. And though that was the first official League game of the season College's Under 21's played in a Shield competition organised by about 9 of the clubs for a few weeks in April and May.

Saturday you say? Hmmm, I always thought they were on Sundays. May check them out this year when I get home. Is the Foster's Ave pitch not the one beside our beloved ground being ripped to shreds?

Schumi
13/06/2005, 3:19 PM
Is the Foster's Ave pitch not the one beside our beloved ground being ripped to shreds?
No, it's on the opposite side of that pitch from Belfield Park, just past the car park over there.

Poor Student
13/06/2005, 3:21 PM
No, it's on the opposite side of that pitch from Belfield Park, just past the car park over there.

Ah right. Some day I'll get a hang of my campus geogrpahy. :D

pineapple stu
13/06/2005, 9:09 PM
It's also getting ripped to shreds shortly, incidentally... :(

Irish Times usually print the goalscorers in their general round-up section, but didn't see the paper at all today...

Bray beat Trinity 5-0, while Pat's and Kildare drew 0-0. Will try and keep the website updated as much as possible on any U-21 news.

Poor Student
13/06/2005, 9:12 PM
It's also getting ripped to shreds shortly, incidentally... :(

Irish Times usually print the goalscorers in their general round-up section, but didn't see the paper at all today...

It's like that episode of the Simpsons where the Starbucks cafés keep popping up while they are shopping in a shopping centre. The ref will have to blow the whistle early on an eL game in a few weeks as the bulldozers will be there to take down Belfield Park. :rolleyes:

pineapple stu
15/06/2005, 12:36 PM
Conor Sammon scored twice and Adrian Murphy got the other.