PDA

View Full Version : Well done Wayside

Stevo Da Gull
11/06/2005, 11:19 PM
Not sure if this is the place for it or if any other non-league teams should be congratulated as I've only seen 1 result tonite so far but anyway, congratulations Wayside, perhaps a game -v- Bray on the agenda :ball: but if you draw any1 else then good luck in the next round :)

jorge
11/06/2005, 11:30 PM
Well im not suprised the lads trained during the summer and its looking like its going to pay off,now thats commitment.A game against bray would be the icing on the cake.

Clifford
11/06/2005, 11:42 PM
Hats off to Wayside, it's an excellent feat to knock out a LOI Ireland side, when Rockmount beat Mons last year and nearly beat Waterford on both nights, I was telling anyone interested that the Intermediate's best teams would be at home in Div 1 and more lower Prem. Most of the players have dabbled at the "higher level".

Hope the lads enjoy the night, great bunuch of club men and women connected with the club, hope they go all the way without ref/fai intervention.

jorge
11/06/2005, 11:53 PM
Peter Lennon deserves alot of the credit and WILL be an EL manager in the future,please God with Wayside.

Clifford
26/08/2005, 10:15 PM
Well done Wayside again, that is a smashing achievement drawing with Bohs, hope you do em in the replay.

Keeps my theory about any of the top Intermediate clubs being as good as the top LOI sides in bloom. Some of the footie I've seen this last two seasons in the Intermediate cup and the MSL has whacked much of what I've seen in the LOI.

Fair play to the Celtic boys.

superfrank
26/08/2005, 10:54 PM
C'mon Wayside! I hope yez beat Bohs in the replay. I'll try to make it down there on Tuesday night but I'll be there in spirit.

Actually, my spirit might still be there from tonight. It must've dozed off during the match.... :o

jorge
27/08/2005, 5:26 PM
I'll certainly be going down,90 minutes away from the quarter-finals.

EnDai
29/08/2005, 9:54 AM
I'll probably try to head down tomorrow evening aswell! :D Again, congratulations and hopefully you can do them in! :D

drummerboy
29/08/2005, 12:14 PM
Well done Wayside.

BrayZil
29/08/2005, 3:31 PM
Well done Wayside! Fantastic come back on Friday. I'll be in the Carlisle tommorrow night cheering youz on. Lets hope you can make it through to the next round

Roo69
29/08/2005, 4:20 PM
Well done Wayside! Fantastic come back on Friday. I'll be in the Carlisle tommorrow night cheering youz on. Lets hope you can make it through to the next round

Before anyone asks, Bray season tickets do not work at this game :D

KR's Post
29/08/2005, 5:00 PM

:D :D :D
Post of the month by far!!! Classic....
But on a more serious note, i'll be down if i can. C'mon Wayside. ;)

Beavis
29/08/2005, 6:32 PM
Great night last Friday alright but in fairness we rode our luck at times. Robbie pulled off some cracking stops. We didnt play as well as we can in the first but the second half was more like it. Should be interesting tomorrow night.
As regards Wayside playing in the eL, I cant really see it happening. Theres hardly the fan base for another Dublin club and most people associated with Wayside would be Rovers fans anyway.(ie Ballyogan,Stepaside,Sandyford is a Rovers area). Also with us losing our current pitches and probably unlikely to ever build a ground, I doubt it will ever occur.

sligoman
29/08/2005, 8:57 PM
:D :D :D
Post of the month by far!!! Classic....Did ya nominate it? :confused:

BrayZil
30/08/2005, 1:31 PM

That’s a class post Roo!! I bet there'll be some eejit down there tonight with their season ticket! :D

Roo69
30/08/2005, 4:19 PM
Heard that ex-Bray Wanderers right full Matt Britton has signed up for Wayside. Wonder will he be in tonights squad ?

Clifford
30/08/2005, 10:36 PM
Tough luck Wayside, sounds like a good effort was put in, shame about early goals.

A face
30/08/2005, 11:46 PM
Defensive blunders cost plucky Wayside

Wayside Celtic 1 Bohemians 2

Bohemians limped into the quarter-finals of the FAI Carlsberg Cup as they once again failed to build on a 2-0 first half lead against battling Wayside.

Bohs punished defensive errors to gain their lead within 11 minutes. Tony Grant scored both, first seizing on a dreadful back header from Wayne Callaghan on seven minutes to round Robbie O’Dowd and score. Damien O’Neill then handled a shot from Fergal Harkin with Grant blasting the penalty into the roof of the net.

Read more at www.breakingnews.ie (http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=10052334&p=yxx5z38x&n=10052422&x=)

Cosmo
31/08/2005, 8:28 AM
You don't mind the underdog getting beated but losing 2 stupid goals was just, well eh, plain stupid.

Bohs had a full side out and still struggled against a really sh!te team (no offence to any wayside supporters ;) )

Roo69
31/08/2005, 8:52 AM
You don't mind the underdog getting beated but losing 2 stupid goals was just, well eh, plain stupid.

Bohs had a full side out and still struggled against a really sh!te team (no offence to any wayside supporters ;) )

Wayside are not a s*it team, far from it ! 1st half they played well below par and 2nd half they really put Bohs under pressure. If Om,an had of been sent off when he elbowed there centre forward it could have been a different story.

Cosmo
31/08/2005, 9:30 AM
Nearly every ball in the first half knocked into the box was dealt comfortably by Bohs. The first goal was just suicidal and shouldnt even happen at under 12's football.

Second half, they picked it up a bit alright. After their goal, I thought they were going to sneak a second (well hoping anyway). Missed the elbow but the bloke beside me thought it was a definite sending off

Any sympathy I would've had for wayside was lost after giving away 2 stupid goals

Anyway doubt drogs will be sh!tting themselves if bohs play like that in 4 weeks!!

EnDai
31/08/2005, 9:54 AM
Wayside were alright (first half made Shelbournes hoof-ball look like Brazil in comparison!), played a good second half. Bohs had alot of posession, but didn't impress me much.

The first goal was a woeful defensive error. No more can be said really, everyone moved out, and the defender headed a "cross" in from the edge of the penalty box rathert than knocking it upfield.

The Bohs penalty didn't look like one to me, from where I was it looked to hit his face. But thats football, there was at least one clear handball by Wayside in the box that wasn't given, so it evened it out int he end.

Bohs did look under pressure though. At least you would have to say that, why else would a "professional" player in Oman feel the need to elbow an "amateur", off the ball, in the face? It happened right in front of me, and noone can convince me otherwise. Disgusting behaviour.

The melee in the middle of the park was caused by a Bohs player (I think it was Farrelly) kicking a Wayside player on the floor, who then retaliated. Both should have been sent off as it looked like they were kicking lumps out of each other. In fairness to the Wayside lad, it was retaliation after being belted while he was on his back, still no excuse for lashing back though. On the street they'd both have been arrested!

Word of praise for the Wayside keeper; really impressed me. Made some fantastic stops, and was working hard to keep his defence organised all night.

In all, I enjoyed myself! :)

Roo69
31/08/2005, 10:28 AM
Wayside were alright (first half made Shelbournes hoof-ball look like Brazil in comparison!), played a good second half. Bohs had alot of posession, but didn't impress me much.

The first goal was a woeful defensive error. No more can be said really, everyone moved out, and the defender headed a "cross" in from the edge of the penalty box rathert than knocking it upfield.

The Bohs penalty didn't look like one to me, from where I was it looked to hit his face. But thats football, there was at least one clear handball by Wayside in the box that wasn't given, so it evened it out int he end.

Bohs did look under pressure though. At least you would have to say that, why else would a "professional" player in Oman feel the need to elbow an "amateur", off the ball, in the face? It happened right in front of me, and noone can convince me otherwise. Disgusting behaviour.

The melee in the middle of the park was caused by a Bohs player (I think it was Farrelly) kicking a Wayside player on the floor, who then retaliated. Both should have been sent off as it looked like they were kicking lumps out of each other. In fairness to the Wayside lad, it was retaliation after being belted while he was on his back, still no excuse for lashing back though. On the street they'd both have been arrested!

Word of praise for the Wayside keeper; really impressed me. Made some fantastic stops, and was working hard to keep his defence organised all night.

In all, I enjoyed myself! :)

Pretty much spot on there

EnDai
31/08/2005, 10:58 AM
Nearly every ball in the first half knocked into the box was dealt comfortably by Bohs. The first goal was just suicidal and shouldnt even happen at under 12's football.

Second half, they picked it up a bit alright. After their goal, I thought they were going to sneak a second (well hoping anyway). Missed the elbow but the bloke beside me thought it was a definite sending off

Any sympathy I would've had for wayside was lost after giving away 2 stupid goals

Anyway doubt drogs will be sh!tting themselves if bohs play like that in 4 weeks!!

Were you the lad with the trenchcoat, long hair, and Drogs jersey that I saw? :D

Roo69
31/08/2005, 11:03 AM
Were you the lad with the trenchcoat, long hair, and Drogs jersey that I saw? :D

Theres a Drogs fan i see at quite a few Bray games, always wears a green bomer sytle jacket with his Drogs jersey under and has a little kid with him, that you cosmo ?