PDA

View Full Version : SuperReds

deecay
11/06/2005, 9:48 PM
Does anyone remember the SuperReds. The kids used to enjoy it, including me. With all the kids at the matches it could be a handy wee earner for the club. The kids that are members could go to the Showgrounds once every month for an hour or two on a saturday morning. They could get skills taught to them by the players. A good way of interacting with the Community. It might sound like a stupid idea but it should be worth resurrecting by the club. Im sure many kids would be interested. Give them free entry to the games for joining which would rise the attendences. Could be worth a bit of money to the club.

Soper
11/06/2005, 9:50 PM
It worked at first, but I remember when it used to become a drag, when about 8 kids would turn up for a training session with like nicky and hutch and that was about it.

The first few years, it was thriving mind.So many members.

sligoman
12/06/2005, 12:55 AM
Yes I remember years ago when I was a member of the super reds, I really enjoyed it. I think it would be a good idea if the club ran it again cos it may get more youngsters interested in Rovers and, you never know, it may also be a way for the club to spot future stars ;). Also, it would be a good source of income for the club.

deecay
12/06/2005, 12:04 PM
It worked at first, but I remember when it used to become a drag, when about 8 kids would turn up for a training session with like nicky and hutch and that was about it.

The first few years, it was thriving mind.So many members.

But then again it was poorly planned. Having it on Saturday mornings clashing with big Premiership matches didnt help with the attendence figures.

Soper
12/06/2005, 2:02 PM
True.

garykelly
12/06/2005, 2:07 PM
Does anyone remember the SuperReds. The kids used to enjoy it, including me. With all the kids at the matches it could be a handy wee earner for the club. The kids that are members could go to the Showgrounds once every month for an hour or two on a saturday morning. They could get skills taught to them by the players. A good way of interacting with the Community. It might sound like a stupid idea but it should be worth resurrecting by the club. Im sure many kids would be interested. Give them free entry to the games for joining which would rise the attendences. Could be worth a bit of money to the club.

Not a stupid idea at all.In fact the trust are looking to run this type of thing, once we are set-up legally (which hopefully will be soon). It is based on exactly what deecay is saying. Bring the kids in on matchday's. give them training with players. maybe a kit/training gear for the year. and in the evenings the parents would bring their kids into the game. Community involvment esp at this level is what the trust is all for and about. We'd be hopeful of being able to run this successfully as soon as we can.

Mitch Buchanon
13/06/2005, 8:27 AM
That sounds like great fun. Do you have to be a kid to join that club!