PDA

View Full Version : Position of the drum.

The Stars
11/06/2005, 9:01 PM
Hardly heard it all night.Who cares if it is a disturbence to people in the new stand,lets move it there.had the drum been up beside the 'shedheads' then the atmosphere would have been better and more people would have joined in the singing.

deecay
11/06/2005, 9:37 PM
I was over in the stand pretty close to the drum. I cant remember it being played in the second half at all. it was played an odd time in the first half. the few guys standing up at the back of the new stand we could hear clearly. well done to them. We need all the supporters in unison, not just small pockets all over the ground. A few years ago I was at a Derby County game in Pride Park and they paid a guy just to bang a drum for the game. The crowd loved it, and got the team going. we need something similar.

sligoman
11/06/2005, 11:50 PM
A few years ago I was at a Derby County game in Pride Park and they paid a guy just to bang a drum for the game. The crowd loved it, and got the team going. we need something similar.

Yes I seen that too at a Derby match, maybe is was the same one :confused: :D

sligoman
11/06/2005, 11:55 PM
In fairness lads, Gary Kelly and the other guy with him were trying to get a chant going but considering nobody was joining in, I'd say they just stopped. When they started the chant, the "shedheads" could of and should of joined in. This drum was bought by the trust(with donations made by Rovers fans) to create an atmosphere, they tried but nobody else helped. So it's not their fault. Hopefully for the Cobh game more people will help them out!

Shiba
12/06/2005, 8:17 AM
Ya!Iwas in the Stand with The kids from "Strand Celtic",I only heard it once and was hoping to hear a wee bit more as it kept the kids interested when it did go.If you bring the drum use it.It might create an atmosphere which is badly missing out there at the moment.If it means sitting in the main stand to do this then do it......................

1 9 2 8
12/06/2005, 11:14 AM
When they started the chant, the "shedheads" could of and should of joined in.
Eh?? What about your self Sligoman :rolleyes:

Rory H
12/06/2005, 11:23 AM
people wanted the drum in the blue stand cos its a family area in the new stand....but all the kids and most families were in the blue stand

according to connor he has pressed the opening of the shed and he has been told by the board its imminent.....dont trust that though!

hopefully we can put the drum there and the atmosphere will improve

sligoman
12/06/2005, 11:43 AM
Eh?? What about your self Sligoman :rolleyes:

Like I've said before, I cant because I'm involved in something else on matchdays.

deecay
12/06/2005, 12:09 PM
Yes I seen that too at a Derby match, maybe is was the same one :confused: :D

Probobly the same game. I was at a Leicister City game

garykelly
12/06/2005, 2:03 PM
Cannot do it all I'm afraid. I had the drum in the jinks avenue stand and tried to keep it going. But some rovers 'fans' around us, heckled us and basically told us where to go. So from that point of view, why bother. However i realise that there will always be this type of supporter in the ground. if we were away supporters nothing would have been said at all.

We'd be glad to hand over the drums before games to anyone else who would like to give it a shot. We were taking player of the month votes and before that putting bus ads in the programme and went onto try and do the drum when we got to sit in the stand almost 10 mins after game started. It would be great if someone could help out,even just on matchdays. I'll be looking for someone to play the drums from now on, so if anyone out there is interested in doing it or knows someone then please let me know.

It was the first outing with drums, so hopefully we can improve it for future games.

1 9 2 8
12/06/2005, 4:58 PM
But some rovers 'fans' around us, heckled us and basically told us where to go.

I don't understand some of our supporters attitude.... it’s a football ground :mad:

Da Real Rover
12/06/2005, 5:57 PM
I don't understand some of our supporters attitude.... it’s a football ground :mad:
There act like there at a GAA match.

Mitch Buchanon
13/06/2005, 8:31 AM
If it is persevered with it will catch on. It's not easy at first, but will be worth it.

nephin
13/06/2005, 8:40 AM
But some rovers 'fans' around us, heckled us and basically told us where to go.

I was close by them and they critisied everything Rovers did. One of them even cheered when Malahide scored. They left with ten minutes to go. Their not real suppoters.

As we all want to get an atmosphere going then all of us need to join together in this. We should try and organise this before the next home game.

1 9 2 8
13/06/2005, 5:31 PM
I was close by them and they critisied everything Rovers did. One of them even cheered when Malahide scored. They left with ten minutes to go. Their not real suppoters.
What a shower of w@nkers :mad:

Rory H
15/06/2005, 2:18 PM
well you could bring it up to the singing area where you arent allowed stand up....give it to them...they will use it :)