PDA

View Full Version : Cork Officials for replay

Pages : [1] 2

Copa Mundial
11/06/2005, 5:01 PM
:ball: There will be 4 Cork Officials for the replay on monday night.

Alan Kelly(Referee),Stephen O Connell & Ed Mcnally(Asst Refs) and Anthony Buttimer(4th Official)

GalwayFrancis
11/06/2005, 5:35 PM

Alan Kelly(Referee),Stephen O Connell & Ed Mcnally(Asst Refs) and Anthony Buttimer(4th Official)

who were the officials from the terryland tie?

Copa Mundial
11/06/2005, 5:56 PM
who were the officials from the terryland tie?

Dave Mckeon from Dublin.Not sure of his assistants.

kevincronin2000
11/06/2005, 6:11 PM
are times changing. We got a big decission go in our favour friday night. No we are getting cork officials! (saying that kelly never did us much favours before if i am right he sent colin o'brien off before while he was 4th official)

colblimp
11/06/2005, 8:40 PM

Jeez, it just gets worse, doesn't it! Ah well, there will be lots of chances to sing, "Alan Kelly, you're a w****r!" He's woeful!

adamd164
12/06/2005, 10:29 AM
Don't worry Galway fans.......Alan Kelly tries NOT to look biased, often resulting in him giving preference to the team OUTSIDE cork!

Conor H
12/06/2005, 10:40 AM
He has never done us any favours either but at least he isn't a cheat lihe Mckeon....****** :mad:

patsh
12/06/2005, 5:04 PM
Best set of officials Galway could get.

Kelly will give EVERYTHING to Galway, just to show he doesn't favour City.

EnDai
12/06/2005, 5:54 PM
Jeez, it just gets worse, doesn't it! Ah well, there will be lots of chances to sing, "Alan Kelly, you're a w****r!" He's woeful!

Along with:

Does your nmother know you're queer?
Does your boyfriend know you're here?
Did your boyfriend do your hair?

:D

Counting Crow
12/06/2005, 6:55 PM
Kelly is actually a very good ref and there are high expectations that he could go to a very high level in UEFA.

That said Galway need have no fears he won't give us an inch.

I'm not hugely worried about him - at least it's not some of the Dublin refs or his "lordship" Jim O'Neill!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Copa Mundial
12/06/2005, 8:14 PM
Jesus Christ, you cant please some people in here. Cork fans moan and complain that they always have dublin oficials and never cork officials. Now that ye get a cork official(not that it makes any difference by the way), and arguably the top official in the country, ye still moan and whinge.
Just goes to show what many supporters in cork are....vindictive,begrudging whingers. I begin to wonder sometimes if winning the Championship would please cork supporters...I seriously doubt it! Wininnig the Champions League may not be enough for some of ye :mad:

Who,d be a referee.Just goes to show that no matter what they do,they still cant win :confused:

Troy.McClure
12/06/2005, 9:49 PM
Well its more like why do we get Dublin refs when we play Dublin teams? I dont think that people would mind Buttimer (he's from Cork isnt he?) or Foley (the army guy), but Kelly is $hit IMO

Éanna
12/06/2005, 10:01 PM
Jesus Christ, you cant please some people in here. Cork fans moan and complain that they always have dublin oficials and never cork officials. I don't think anyone was ever demanding that we get Cork refs. All that people have said is that we should not have a Dublin ref when we're playing a Dublin team- would you disagree with that? I think on the same principle, its wrong for a Cork team to have a Cork ref when playing a non-Cork team. That said, I think Kelly is the best ref in the country, although what people are saying does have an element of truth- he seems to try a bit too hard not to be biased towards us.

Just goes to show what many supporters in cork are....vindictive,begrudging whingers. I begin to wonder sometimes if winning the Championship would please cork supporters...I seriously doubt it! Wininnig the Champions League may not be enough for some of ye :mad:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Decent referess would be a start......

Well its more like why do we get Dublin refs when we play Dublin teams? I dont think that people would mind Buttimer (he's from Cork isnt he?) or Foley (the army guy), but Kelly is $hit IMO
I don't agree that Kelly is **** at all. But that aside- Buttimer and Foley- are you gone mad?! Foley is that little linesman who gives offside pretty much every time we cross the half way line, and Buttimer........ just ask the Bray fans!!!!! Buttimer is probably the worst ref in the country. :mad: In fact, IMO Cork refs in general are very, very poor.

A face
12/06/2005, 11:46 PM
Will there ever be full time refs in the league ..... that is probably what is needed to be fair !!

razor
13/06/2005, 9:09 AM
Jesus Christ, you cant please some people in here. Cork fans moan and complain that they always have dublin oficials and never cork officials. Now that ye get a cork official(not that it makes any difference by the way), and arguably the top official in the country, ye still moan and whinge.
Don't be getting upset.
It shoudn't be about where the ref is from, I mean Jimmy O'Neill is as bad as they come and its only certain Dublin refs that City fans have problem with, Dave McKeon and Mr Hanc0ck aren't too bad in my opinion, its the likes of Paul McKeon and Stokes that are the problems.
I'm delighted we don't have Cork refs reffing our games regularly. Cork officials in my opinion spend too much time trying to be impartial and end up raping the Cork team in the process. Always the same.
O'Regan was awful on Friday night, more interested in topping up his tan than reffing the game.With certain refs its too much about them and not enough about the game itself.

pete
13/06/2005, 9:10 AM
1 City moaned about Kelly. :rolleyes:

Copa Mundial
13/06/2005, 2:35 PM
:mad: The last time i checked,referees were impartial across the board.It has nothing to do with where they come from...thats just being idiotic!!! As for doing anyone favours or trying to hard to be impartial...i rest my case.No matter how hard people try to educate fans about referees, the more ridiculous the posts become.
Lets get Uriah Rennie back over more regularly,and let him EDUCATE ye :rolleyes: :eek: Some people really dont have a clue.

Refereeing is about,professionalism,and calling a game as it presents itself..not about doing anyone any favours.

As for professional refs....first of all you need a professional Football Association! :rolleyes:

razor
13/06/2005, 3:04 PM
Lets get Uriah Rennie back over more regularly,and let him EDUCATE ye :rolleyes: :eek: Some people really dont have a clue.
Ah no sure you're grand, anything but Rennie, the first ever Rennie to actually give indigestion. (I'll get me coat)
Referees are in effect human (some are anyway) and humans are fallible, some more than most but the worst thing in the world as a football fan is to pay out your hard earned money and have it rendered worthless by the decisions of certain incompetents.
I will agree its a thankless task especially amongst football fans but sure do your best (for us) Alan thats all we ask.

patsh
14/06/2005, 6:55 AM
:mad: The last time i checked,referees were impartial across the board.It has nothing to do with where they come from...thats just being idiotic!!! As for doing anyone favours or trying to hard to be impartial...i rest my case.No matter how hard people try to educate fans about referees, the more ridiculous the posts become.

Refereeing is about,professionalism,and calling a game as it presents itself..not about doing anyone any favours.

As for professional refs....first of all you need a professional Football Association! :rolleyes:
Get a grip on yourself there boy, and calm down.:rolleyes:

razor
14/06/2005, 8:19 AM
but sure do your best (for us) Alan thats all we ask.
See lads, ask and thou shall receive, Thanks Alan.

gufct
14/06/2005, 8:36 AM
showed that referees are totally biased in giving decisions against big teams.As for Alan Kelly he better never referee a game in galway again he cost us promotion against Drogheda and what an ego trip he was on last night.Not one Cork fan i met last night could see what the penalty was given for.The way he has been promoted above other refereesis a joke a real "Daddys Boy".

Good luck to Cork but any true soccer fan knows that what happened on Friday and last night was nothing short of disgraceful and leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth. :mad:

Troy.McClure
14/06/2005, 9:30 AM
I don't agree that Kelly is **** at all.

McClure 1
Éanna 0

:D :p ;)

patsh
14/06/2005, 9:34 AM
Good luck to Cork but any true soccer fan knows that what happened on Friday and last night was nothing short of disgraceful and leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth. :mad:
The decision not to award a penalty on Friday was disgraceful.
Last night's was probably a bit harsh.

City fans know all about bitter tastes in the mouth, we have had our fair share of them already this season.

However, blaming Kelly is a bit much, he left some of your players away with murder last night, some of the tackles flying in were appalling, it would not have been unfair if your team had got 7 or 8 cards.....

gufct
14/06/2005, 9:59 AM
your having a laugh. There was great last ditch defensive tackles and to say that we kicked your lads around the place is a great diservice to our players who are all Part Timers .

There wasnt much of a gulf in class considering our team costs a quarter of what ye spend on your full timers.

patsh
14/06/2005, 10:01 AM
your having a laugh. There was great last ditch defensive tackles and to say that we kicked your lads around the place is a great diservice to our players who are all Part Timers .

There wasnt much of a gulf in class considering our team costs a quarter of what ye spend on your full timers.
What has being part-time or the cost of players got to do with the really bad tackles that quite a few of your players put in last night?...:rolleyes:

gufct
14/06/2005, 10:43 AM
Cork got off the hook big time over the two games last night. Alan Kelly was an absolute joke last night and thats before you take into account his piebald hairdo. He gave a free for a pass back that never was,Booked the keeper for an offence he didnt commit and then gave a penalty that not one Cork Player claimed and not one Cork Fan I talked to after the game could see what he gave it for. We also missed 2 clear cut chances at the end of either half.

I wish Cork all the best but over the 2 games there was no way the better team one. :mad:

Peadar
14/06/2005, 10:46 AM
over the 2 games there was no way the better team one. :mad:

Of course Galway should have won because they scored so many goals! :rolleyes:
There are no prizes for moral victories, my friend.
You put up a brave fight against a top side and can be proud of that.
You didn't do enough to win either game though, nothing is going to change that fact.
If you play in the league like you did against us on Friday night then perhaps you can rescue your season and get promoted.
We'd love another trip back to see Eyre Square when it's finished. ;)

Peadar
14/06/2005, 1:30 PM
any true soccer fan knows that what happened on Friday and last night was nothing short of disgraceful

We need to clear a few things up here.
From my front row seat, it appeared that McKeon blew for a foul and pointed to the spot. Then he looked to his assistant and changed his mind, instead giving a free out to City. Some Galway players reminstrated with the assistant immediately afterwards.
It looked like a penalty from where I was sitting but I was a good bit away and couldn't clearly see if there had been a foul on a City player prior to that.
Can anyone verify this? Stick to the facts, please.
Was JC at the game?

With regard to Alan Kelly, he's at least UEFA Category/Grade 2 referee.
UEFA respect him, we should respect him and be glad to have such quality officials in our game. This also goes for Buttimer and Stokes.

razor
14/06/2005, 3:15 PM
Was JC at the game?No he was at the Cross, Sure isn't he Avondale manager now.

With regard to Alan Kelly, he's at least UEFA Category/Grade 2 referee.
UEFA respect him, we should respect him and be glad to have such quality officials in our game. This also goes for Buttimer and Stokes.Think you left out a few smilies at the end, especially after Buttimer.

Peadar
14/06/2005, 3:56 PM
No he was at the Cross, Sure isn't he Avondale manager now.

Not that JC, the GUFC JC. Mr. Referee himself!
People from the old eircomleague.net will know who I'm talking about.

gufct
14/06/2005, 4:03 PM
Not that JC, the GUFC JC. Mr. Referee himself!
People from the old eircomleague.net will know who I'm talking about.

and he felt the same as every other GUFC supporter robbed and cheated and apparently Michael Devine not alone admitted that it was a penalty but that he should have been sent off and a galwegian living in Cork heard George O'Callaghan on Red FM saying it was a definite penalty.

Peadar
14/06/2005, 4:10 PM
Michael Devine not alone admitted that it was a penalty but that he should have been sent off

I don't think that any of us were in any doubt that Super Keeper had fouled your player. The referee's assistant clearly felt that there was an infringement on a City player before hand though.
If that is the case then you have no grounds for complaint.

thecorner
14/06/2005, 4:10 PM
and he felt the same as every other GUFC supporter robbed and cheated and apparently Michael Devine not alone admitted that it was a penalty but that he should have been sent off and a galwegian living in Cork heard George O'Callaghan on Red FM saying it was a definite penalty.

all of us said it was a definite penalty but hey, we didnt rob you. we didnt give the decision ;)

pete
14/06/2005, 4:20 PM
The referee's assistant clearly felt that there was an infringement on a City player before hand though.

I think (hope) Devine was fouled when went in the air for cross initially. We all know how slow eL refs are to whistle.

If he had just disallowed the penalty (i.e. no foul) would not have given free out as forward was not sanctioned for diving.

we shall not be
14/06/2005, 4:21 PM
Well i think the Galway man was dead right when he said their players were not professional cause if there were anything that resembled professional they wouldn't be second from the bottom of the first.
He aslo said there was no gulf in class well it hink he summed up his football knowledge with that statement as always a follower of an underdog will say after his team had nealry got a result there wasn't much between the teams never understanding that you can get almost and players of limited ability do run around chase and hary other players while making no attempt to come out and attack.
League tables never lie and cup football is a one off.

gufct
14/06/2005, 4:30 PM
I don't think that any of us were in any doubt that Super Keeper had fouled your player. The referee's assistant clearly felt that there was an infringement on a City player before hand though.
If that is the case then you have no grounds for complaint.

given allegdly for a foul on your full back after Devine had pulled down dave Goldbey which im sure even you would find laughable!!!!!!!

jobber
14/06/2005, 7:06 PM
I think City fans should be big enough to say that Kelly was very kind to us on this occassion. Looking at tv3 last night there was no way that it was a penalty,I also felt that many decisions went against Galway.I was actually surprised that Galway players didn't create any fuss at the final whistle.We've been fcuked over many times by Dublin officials but it shouldn't mean that we get Arsene Wenger glasses when we get the "rub of the green".Maybe if all fans could be a little impartial and sideline their biases when assessing ref's performances it might hasten much improved standards overall.

kevincronin2000
14/06/2005, 7:42 PM
at the end of the day over the two games we had two big calls go our way, if i was galway fan i'd nearly be in tears as we know what its like (away to shels in the setanta cup). You just have to try and beat the 12th man aswell on certain days and get on with it.

De Town
14/06/2005, 7:48 PM
i am crying :o
aaahhhhhh, how cute...... :D

sligoman
14/06/2005, 7:52 PM
It's the worst ****ing thing ever-putting a referee to ref a game which involves his home Town/City. It was like Paul Duddy(Donegal) refereeing a Sligo Rovers/Finn Harps match a few seasons ago. Not only was he from Donegal but they are our rivals aswell :rolleyes:. FAI have no clue how to assign a ref to a game, ****ing eejits :mad:

sligoman
14/06/2005, 7:54 PM
aaahhhhhh, how cute...... :D

Dont worry DE town, you'll be joining him next Tuesday night ;) . At least Galway have an excuse with the ref but ye wont :p

De Town
14/06/2005, 8:00 PM
Dont worry DE town, you'll be joining him next Tuesday night ;) . At least Galway have an excuse with the ref but ye wont :p
I doubt I will be joining him in fairness. we wont have to blame anything because we will be safely into the quarter finals.

Éanna
14/06/2005, 11:09 PM

You really need to calm down fella. I'm not suggesting that Alan Kelly or most other refs are deliberately favouring their home town team, but the point is this: when the ref is from the same place as one of the teams, it gives rise to allegations of bias. Even if these allegations are unfounded or untrue, they still have a basis becuase of where the ref is from. The easiest thing would be to remove that problem by having referees from a neutral place.

patsh
15/06/2005, 7:01 AM
if we had more competent refs in el the result might have been alot differnet ;)
The entire league tables would be different.....:rolleyes:

Peadar
15/06/2005, 7:46 AM
It's the worst ****ing thing ever-putting a referee to ref a game which involves his home Town/City.

It happens every week with Dublin teams.
Just the way it is, given how our population is dispersed.
Just because Alan Kelly is from Cork doesn't mean he's a City fan.
We've a population of around 448,000 in the county and consider 5,000 to be a good crowd at Turners Cross. That would suggest to me that the majority of Cork people aren't City fans.
It's very immature to accuse one of the top officials in the country of being biased. Galway fans are clutching at straws and need to realise that they didn't do enough to win either game.

It's good for the Cup that the two "BIG" teams are still in it.
Hopefully we'll be kept apart so that the two City's can meet for a showpiece final. ;)

FAI have no clue how to assign a ref to a game, ****ing eejits

The game was a replay, three days after the drawn game.
Can you expect officials, who aren't fully professional, to travel down to Cork on a Monday night?

The entire league tables would be different.....:rolleyes:

We'd still be top though. :D

patsh
15/06/2005, 8:09 AM
Yes we would, but with a few more points....;)

Eire06
15/06/2005, 8:16 AM
But you'd be out of the cup :rolleyes:

patsh
15/06/2005, 8:33 AM
But you'd be out of the cup :rolleyes:
So what?

Eire06
15/06/2005, 8:37 AM
So what?
Well it may mean something to you lot at the end of the season if Shels have won the league and you have nothin.. :eek:
Will you be saying so what then :rolleyes:

I was a big deal to us :(

patsh
15/06/2005, 8:45 AM
I'd love for City to win the cup.

But if we were put out last Friday, so what?
Nothing we could do about it, just get on with the league.
We were put out of a much more rewarding competition than the FAI cup by poor refereeing, but what can we do about it?
Nothing.

Galway fans should be more questioning of
1. Why they are in the position they are in and
2. How to get out of it,
if, as some are claiming, there is such little difference in class between Galway and City, and stop moaning about the last two games.
Why can your players perform as well as you think they did in the last 2 games, but were sh*te for the rest of your games?