PDA

View Full Version : Shels humiliated by Derry

The Sheliban
10/06/2005, 11:59 PM
Both on and off the pitch, Derry urinated all over us. Congratulations to their small but extremely vocal support who put us all to shame. Congratulations to their players who took their opportunities when presented. Jeez, we couldn't even score a penno. I wish the whole club a long Cup run with plenty of gruelling replays.

Slash/ED
11/06/2005, 12:14 AM
It was awful no matter what way you look at it, bar Wes who was outstanding imo. The only shels player to show up.

Gerrit
11/06/2005, 12:54 AM
They did show some good intentions and effords, but our attacks were inefficient. It seemed like the confidence is totally lost, where we saw them shooting at the goal as soon as they could, they now seem afraid and prefer giving another pass... But the intentions were there, which is an improvement.

The defense is worrying me. How the **** can that second goal go in ? Williams + 3 or 4 defenders close to the goal and still that Derry lad can head it in with ease...

Things may have looked differently if we got the penalty we deserved at 0-1. The ref ignored a clear penalty and a few minutes later the 0-2 was there and it was all over. If we came at 1-1 at that time confidence may have come back. The way the penalty in the second half was kicked showed it all: total lack of confidence, the goalie didn't even have to make real efford.

Fair play to the Derry fans, they were brilliant. Apart from Cork I haven't seen any visiting fans clan that impressing. They overpowered us vocally and part of them stayed till long after the final whistle to applaud their players during cooling down. Brilliant support !

thejollyrodger
11/06/2005, 8:56 AM
not a good season for us so far, i cant belive we lost. fair play to the derry fans. our defence is a mess. BRUTAL

Dyl10
12/06/2005, 11:13 AM
In fairnesss Joseph Ndo also worked his socks

Anto McC
12/06/2005, 12:56 PM
Derry fans were fantasic,the drumming and singing was really impressive and we should take note.I really think it's great that they can sit anywhere they want in the ground,walk around the ground and there is no sign of trouble between fans.I also like the fact that they willing to have a laugh and shake my hand after the game.Derry imo have the best away fans in the league.