PDA

View Full Version : Galway game

sligoman
10/06/2005, 11:15 PM
Galway Utd 0-0 Cork City

:confused:.So what happened ye lads? Did ye field your full team(judging by the result ye did'nt)?

kevincronin2000
10/06/2005, 11:55 PM
we fielded our strongest available team, alot of changes with kearney and behan injured, doyle gone to reading and colin o'brien taken off injured.

The worst away performance of the season by us by a country mile, rearly tested the goalkeeper, devine very lucky not to concede a penelty near the end, but for once mckeon let city off the hook.

Devine 6
Horgan 7
Murray 6
Bennett 7
Woods 6
gamble 7
o'brien 5
o'callaghan 7
o'donavan 6
o'flynn 6
fenn 7

kevincronin2000
10/06/2005, 11:59 PM
the positives to come out of tonights game.

we are still in the cup, this time last year we got knocked out by a then first division side.

there is another "big" club who have exited the competition :)

roll on monday night

GalwayFrancis
11/06/2005, 1:02 AM
roll on monday night
what kind of crowd do ye expect?

Conor H
11/06/2005, 9:45 AM
Galway Utd 0-0 Cork City

:confused:.So what happened ye lads? Did ye field your full team(judging by the result ye did'nt)?

You couldn't be more wrong.We were missing 2 of ourbest players and destroyed them.That was the most obvious penalty ever not to be given in football history! :mad:

kevincronin2000
11/06/2005, 10:37 AM
You couldn't be more wrong.We were missing 2 of ourbest players and destroyed them.That was the most obvious penalty ever not to be given in football history! :mad:

everyone in the ground saw that it was a peno even all the city fans. Somehow i cant see us playing as bad as that again.

Rebal Boy
11/06/2005, 11:14 AM
what kind of crowd do ye expect?

I'd say around 2000-3000. If its a fine evening there could be more then that.

ccfcgirl
11/06/2005, 3:11 PM
Kevin Doyle was missed last night .It was a peno.Id say both sets of fans are happy with a replay.tHERE IS GOING TO BE NO MATCH DAY PROGRAMMES ON MONDAY

Conor H
11/06/2005, 4:08 PM
Kevin Doyle was missed last night .It was a peno.Id say both sets of fans are happy with a replay.tHERE IS GOING TO BE NO MATCH DAY PROGRAMMES ON MONDAY

NO!!! ...We were robbed!Hopefully we can put in a repeat of last nights performance and get a bit of LUCKand you never know :)

See yee on monday ...Come on United!

daveh
11/06/2005, 5:48 PM
Wasnt there myself cos of work but from what i heard on the radio it sounded like the ref blew his whistle for a foul on mick just before the incident,anyone care to shed some light on this?

kevincronin2000
11/06/2005, 6:15 PM
.tHERE IS GOING TO BE NO MATCH DAY PROGRAMMES ON MONDAY

at least some people have confidence in the team.

Conor H
12/06/2005, 10:46 AM
Wasnt there myself cos of work but from what i heard on the radio it sounded like the ref blew his whistle for a foul on mick just before the incident,anyone care to shed some light on this?

No it was after the penalty incident that he blew his whistle for the foul on Devine.

Eire06
13/06/2005, 8:15 AM
No it was after the penalty incident that he blew his whistle for the foul on Devine.
The ref was a joke.... Can't believe he didn't give that peno..

Doubt there will be much galway support there tonight cause of the short notice and it being a monday night!

Hopefully you will play just as bad and we play just as good as we did on Friday! :rolleyes: ;)

Peadar
13/06/2005, 9:37 AM
We were missing 2 of ourbest players and destroyed them.

Hardly!
You held your own against us.
You failed to score and certainly didn't dominate.

Didn't the assistant flag for the foul?

Either way, you didn't do enough to win the game.
You've got another chance to "destroy" us tonight. :rolleyes:

Eire06
13/06/2005, 10:22 AM
Hardly!
You held your own against us.
You failed to score and certainly didn't dominate.

Didn't the assistant flag for the foul?
Either way, you didn't do enough to win the game.
You've got another chance to "destroy" us tonight. :rolleyes:
we are a first division team, a bottom of the first division team at that who are not performing the best lately.. You are supposed to be a premier League leaders!! and you could barely hold your own against us :rolleyes:

The Assistant flaged for a foul after the penalty incident which they ignored a peno should have been given to us!! We should have won the match, but a goal never came..
You were expected to win this match easily.. bit of a shock was it ;)
Hopefully we can do it tonight..

Troy.McClure
13/06/2005, 1:10 PM
Thought that it was an even enough match, not sure how Galway are at the bottom of the pile in the first, but ye clearly need a striker.

Galway only had 2 real chances: a header in the 2nd half and the peno that never was. We looked better going forward but things didnt click for us. Remember though, that we too could have won the game in the last minute, I dont know how the ball didnt go in! :confused:

Eitherway, it was our best result in the cup for 3 years and Shels are deffinitly out, so things arent that bad :)

Peadar
13/06/2005, 1:21 PM
Thought that it was an even enough match

It would have been more one sided if we hadn't tried to compete in the air around the centre of the park.
Poor supply from the "wingers" meant our forwards had to come deep for a lot of the play and got caught up in the midfield battles.

What's the deal with Tony Tynan?
Surely if he's good enough to be offered a contract he should be brought in when we need someone on the right wing?

Any news on Kearney?
He'd have made a huge difference on Friday.

pete
13/06/2005, 1:27 PM
City seem to have a big problem now with wide players & could hurt us badly if not sorted in transfer window.

Only true winger in the squad worthy of 1st team is Kearney as O'Donovan looks more like a forward & Billy is well just Billy...

Game on friday was good for a few laughs:
- Blatant handball from galway corner & player trying to argue otherwise with ref.
- Galway forward who got a kick in the bo***x I liked the way he crouched down & spat. Psychio wasn't sure wheer to rum :D

tiktok
13/06/2005, 1:29 PM
- Galway forward who got a kick in the bo***x I liked the way he crouched down & spat. Psychio wasn't sure wheer to rum :D

you must have started laughing again about halfway through that line Pete, the spelling at the end is atrocious ;) :D :D :D

Troy.McClure
13/06/2005, 1:56 PM
That was funny though :D You could hear the splat sound :eek:

thecorner
13/06/2005, 1:59 PM
see that the sun gave ryan casey man of the match :eek:

Peadar
13/06/2005, 2:00 PM
We had a fair shout for a peno/free on the edge of the box when Danny was felled in the second half.
I thought it was at least a free and Ian agreed with me, judging by his reaction. ;)
Galway "Ya-ni-ted" fans are clutching straws by thinking they deserved to win it. Lets be fair, neither team did enough to win it so a draw was the right result. P McK wasn't as bad as I've seen him or expected him to be.

What are the odds on it going to pens tonight? :)

thecorner
13/06/2005, 2:08 PM
We had a fair shout for a peno/free on the edge of the box when Danny was felled in the second half.
I thought it was at least a free and Ian agreed with me, judging by his reaction. ;)

one of the lads was actually recording on his phone when that happened and to say that danny deserves an oscar is an understatement :D

tiktok
13/06/2005, 2:10 PM
one of the lads was actually recording on his phone when that happened and to say that danny deserves an oscar is an understatement :D

agreed, the lad would have a chance in the Grand National with that kind of leap :D :D :D :D

Peadar
13/06/2005, 2:14 PM
agreed, the lad would have a chance in the Grand National with that kind of leap :D :D :D :D

HELLO!
We see frees given for the likes of this every week.

Eire06
13/06/2005, 2:39 PM
HELLO!
We see frees given for the likes of this every week.
HELLO get over it.. it wasn't a free or a penalty and the ref made the right decision for once during the match

Troy.McClure
13/06/2005, 3:04 PM
agreed, the lad would have a chance in the Grand National with that kind of leap :D

Maybe :p but weve all seen them been given in situations like that. The defenders leg was def out after the ball had been played, if Danny just clattered into it instead of going in to orbit it would have been a deffinite peno (thats not saying that it would have been given though ;))

Peadar
13/06/2005, 3:10 PM
My pictures from Friday are up on the Official Cork City FC website (http://www.corkcityfc.ie/) now lads.

Eire06
13/06/2005, 3:11 PM
The ref made on right decision in the match end of story!!
No but othertimes its been given and other refs would have given a free\peno for it..
He made the right decision and you can't really complain about that

Peadar
13/06/2005, 3:15 PM
a peno should have been given to us!!

No but othertimes its been given and other refs would have given a free\peno for it..

Pot and kettle here I'd say. :rolleyes:

Eire06
13/06/2005, 3:21 PM
Pot and kettle here I'd say. :rolleyes:

No ours was an actual breaking of the rules a foul in the box.. yours was a dive..
The ref correctly ignored your diving and incorrectly judged on our player being brought down in the box