11/06/2005, 10:55 AM
Shelbourne 0-2 Derry City
Beckett 6
Delaney 22

God im still drunk :D

Anto McC
11/06/2005, 11:16 AM
God im still drunk :D

Fair play to Derry absolutly brilliant support and never stopped singing all night,compared to Shels who never even started :o .Hope you win it now and have many more great days out with that support

Martinho II
11/06/2005, 1:22 PM
agree with that comment. the atmosphere from the city boys was excellent throughout and carried across on tv3 as well! great chants as well! never heard teenage kicks being sung as a chant before! well done lads!

whats up with shels? i saw crawford having an argument with rogers! i am afraid lads that ye are doing an arsenal! :D

De Town
11/06/2005, 1:39 PM
Teenage Kicks was brilliant alright :D

Im not sure but I think I heard Peter Hutton and Gary Beckett mentioned in the middle of it :confused:

Derry fans feel free to correct me ;)

Poor Student
11/06/2005, 1:43 PM
Fair play to Derry absolutly brilliant support and never stopped singing all night,compared to Shels who never even started :o .Hope you win it now and have many more great days out with that support

The Derry lads are class. I'd seen this already when they came to Belfield. Best away fans by some margin. I could hear them last night on someone playing me the radio over Yahoo messenger.

Speranza
11/06/2005, 1:54 PM
Great result for us. Delighted that Gary Beckett was credited with a preformance he puts in regularly. One of the most under-rated players in the league.

$hels seem to be going down the drain, Rogers is so childish throwing a wobbler because he was substituted. Can't handle any criticism especially from opposition fans, he should have been dealt with a long time ago for his actions to City supporters. He was a disgrace to argue on live t.v, maybe shows tension in the $hels camp?

ccfcgirl
11/06/2005, 3:43 PM
I must agree Derry do add great athmosphere to the league .I didnt get to see the game .I was in Galway for the city game.

Anto McC
11/06/2005, 4:17 PM
The Derry lads are class. I'd seen this already when they came to Belfield. Best away fans by some margin.

I'd have to agree with that but Cork are a respectable second.

De Town
11/06/2005, 4:18 PM
I'd have to agree with that but Cork are a respectable second.
agreed with Pats third.

dortie
12/06/2005, 9:51 AM
Teenage Kicks was brilliant alright :D

Im not sure but I think I heard Peter Hutton and Gary Beckett mentioned in the middle of it :confused:

Derry fans feel free to correct me ;)

Teenage kicks has been sung for years, and no there is no mention of Hutton or Beckett, we keep to the lyrics. I particularly enjoyed singing 'Always look on the bright side of life' :D
I know the Shels fans will say same old same old here but that crowd in Tolka was shocking, Irish Star said 2,100 or there abouts, id say 1,500 if lucky....we had around 250 aprox.

Anto McC
12/06/2005, 12:01 PM
id say 1,500 if lucky....we had around 250 aprox.

I'd say that there was even less than 1500 and i thought you lot made up more than that

adamcarr
12/06/2005, 12:05 PM
Teenage kicks has been sung for years, and no there is no mention of Hutton or Beckett, we keep to the lyrics. I particularly enjoyed singing 'Always look on the bright side of life' :D
I know the Shels fans will say same old same old here but that crowd in Tolka was shocking, Irish Star said 2,100 or there abouts, id say 1,500 if lucky....we had around 250 aprox.
I was sitting up by ye for the game at the Cross! Ye're unreal fans those drums ye have are class! I liked the song that went to the tune of The fields of Athenry!

dortie
12/06/2005, 1:08 PM
I was sitting up by ye for the game at the Cross! Ye're unreal fans those drums ye have are class! I liked the song that went to the tune of The fields of Athenry!

Oh aye the fields of athenry, we watched our team lift 3 trophies high, we had Storky on the wing...(Big ears), Liam Coyle he made us sing...(through the years), oh youll never keep the super city down.....!! :D

The big bass drum we bought off the AOH, the snare drums are standard, it makes a difference when youve got people who can actually play them ;) ...there is certain individuals who would throw the dummy from the pram if you even thought of taking their drum :D

dortie
12/06/2005, 1:12 PM
I'd say that there was even less than 1500 and i thought you lot made up more than that

You might be right, 1,500 at the very very most.
There was 5 buses to start with from Derry (3 supporters clubs and 2 from bars in the town).....

Its always great to see your away support increasing but aint it a pity these supporters dont travel when your teams not doing so well, i seen quite a few Derry faces i havent seen at away games ever.

Anto McC
12/06/2005, 1:16 PM
You might be right, 1,500 at the very very most.
There was 5 buses to start with from Derry (3 supporters clubs and 2 from bars in the town).....

Its always great to see your away support increasing but aint it a pity these supporters dont travel when your teams not doing so well, i seen quite a few Derry faces i havent seen at away games ever.

It would be great if we could get fans to travel at all,let alone when were doing well. :D