PDA

View Full Version : To-days star

ccfcgirl
10/06/2005, 9:36 AM
In Pat Dolans section there is a piece on Lennox ,and it puts a question mark on the Kevin Doyle contracts

kingcolers
10/06/2005, 10:04 AM
what exactly does it say?

Macy
10/06/2005, 10:07 AM
I'll hazard a guess.... "It wasn't me, it was him" :rolleyes:

patsh
10/06/2005, 10:36 AM
Whats with the question marks?
Either Dolan signed them or not, he has a column to state EXACTLy what his association with the Doyle contracts were, if he didn't sign them or negotiate either contact, why didn't he just say so?

I thinks this proves he was involved.....:mad:

Éanna
10/06/2005, 10:39 AM
If Dolan can't be bothered to defend his actions, thats as good as an admission of guilt IMO

Dodge
10/06/2005, 11:34 AM
In Pat's defence he has nothing to apologise. He's not contracted to anybody and was working for himself. I'm sure he got Kevin the best deal possible. Of course you're not going to like it (just like we didn't when he got Kev not to sign the contract we offered him 2 years ago) but there you go...

razor
10/06/2005, 12:01 PM
In Pat's defence What ???? Shame on you Dodge. Hand your head in shame.

Dodge
10/06/2005, 12:29 PM
LOL!!! Any Pats that ****s Cork over goes up in my estimation :)

kingcolers
10/06/2005, 1:24 PM
does anybody really know for sure that Dolan represented Doyle? Didn't see him in any photos of the press conference. He wasn't mentioned anywhere as dolye's agent. Didn't somebody say that Doyle's father sorted out the contract with City? Maybe he's just got a shrewd dad and Dolan's playing up his own involvement because he's the attention-seeking sort...

yiddo
10/06/2005, 1:42 PM
For what its worth it was reported in the Echo that Pat Dolan was present in Reading at the medicals for Doyler and Long.

Fair_play_boy
11/06/2005, 9:25 PM
. . . Didn't somebody say that Doyle's father sorted out the contract with City? . . . Yeah, some spoofer said that in his first ever post. You know the sort; create a new identity just to tell some porky pies and then vanish into the cyber haze.

A face
11/06/2005, 11:39 PM
does anybody really know for sure that Dolan represented Doyle? Didn't see him in any photos of the press conference. He wasn't mentioned anywhere as dolye's agent. Didn't somebody say that Doyle's father sorted out the contract with City? Maybe he's just got a shrewd dad and Dolan's playing up his own involvement because he's the attention-seeking sort...

Listen ... you can think what you want but most people in Cork wont be taken for fools, and i am not talking about us fools that support the eircom league .... i am talking about the normal guy on the street who could/can see straight through any sh!te that ever came/will come out of Dolans mouth .... you can play devils advocate all you want but most people will read it how it happened etc. .... Dolan shafted us big time and the club left it happen.

Even if you were right (average Joe punter wont give a toss wbout who is right, they'll call it as they see it) ..... Dolan will always look guilty because he went to the club where is brother is !!

Can you do me a favour and read your post again ??

jorge
11/06/2005, 11:42 PM
Listen ... you can think what you want but most people in Cork wont be taken for fools, and i am not talking about us fools that support the eircom league .... i am talking aboutthe normal guy on the street who see straight through any sh!te that ever came out of Dolans mouth .... you can play Deveil advocate all you want but most people will read it how it happened etc. .... Dolan shafted us big time and the club left it happen.

Even if you were right (average Joe punter wont give a toss wbout who is right, they'll call it as they see it) ..... Dolan will always look guilty because he went to the club where is brother is !!

Did no one have the bottle to ask kevin doyle.

A face
12/06/2005, 12:25 AM
Did no one have the bottle to ask kevin doyle.

I did .... but didnt get anything back ... but in fairness, when asking i didn't expect anything back ..... although i was suprised because it seems alot more genuine than i was expecting, infact more on the sincere side (the guy was on the way out the door at that stage ffs) ....... anyway .... i wouldn't hold it against him anyway .... he is a pawn, the guy turned up at alot fund rasiers, alot of lotto nights, alot of community gigs etc. ... himself and John O'Flynn are brilliant in this way (someone from the club would be in a better position to confirm this obviously but it never goes unnoticed, thats for sure)

I have no doubt at this stage (i have held my time and said nothing, but that just confirmed it even more) that the fat man wangled everything, and we all have a duty to keep an eye on who claims otherwise ..... the grass is getting longer by the minute it seems !!

ian
12/06/2005, 7:42 AM
For what its worth it was reported in the Echo that Pat Dolan was present in Reading at the medicals for Doyler and Long.

Yes that is true I was taliking to shane long the day ofter they came back from Reading and he did say that dolan was with them on the day. So I dont think that long would tell porky pies?

tiktok
13/06/2005, 9:05 AM
Yeah, some spoofer said that in his first ever post. You know the sort; create a new identity just to tell some porky pies and then vanish into the cyber haze.

Brian Lennox said it in his radio interview that it was Kevin's father who had insisted on retaining the level of the buy-out clause

Dricky
13/06/2005, 9:13 AM
It doesn't matter, Pat is our ex-manager, Doyle an ex -player.

Top of the league long may it last..

Pat not winning the title last year was the biggest disaster that Pat dolan created, he's gone and thank goodness.

Easy way to stop it, Don't buy the Star..........

kingcolers
13/06/2005, 10:00 AM
Listen ... you can think what you want but most people in Cork wont be taken for fools, and i am not talking about us fools that support the eircom league .... i am talking about the normal guy on the street who could/can see straight through any sh!te that ever came/will come out of Dolans mouth .... you can play devils advocate all you want but most people will read it how it happened etc. .... Dolan shafted us big time and the club left it happen.

not sure what you're getting at to be honest. i'm no fan of dolan's....and it seems like he was definitely involved in the transfer in some way. but all i want to know is: a) is he doyle's agent, which some people suggest he is. b) did he negotiate doyle's contract with city, which lennox says he didn't.