PDA

View Full Version : Morrison

SeanieBoy
10/06/2005, 9:14 AM
Forsell off to Brum, I am sure Clinton will have to leave if this report is correct...

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/

Sean

tetsujin1979
10/06/2005, 9:17 AM
supposed to be unveiled at a press conference this afternoon. Clinton has repeatedly said he's going to have to sit down with the manager and see what way the land lies, if Forssell does move, and it'll go back to the Heskey-Forssell partnership that (to be fair) did work well 2 seasons ago, he should move. What price a move, even a loan move, to Sunderland?

gustavo
10/06/2005, 9:30 AM
it wasnt heskey forselll that worked well 2 seasons ago it was morisson forsell. heskey was still at liverpool

Colm55
10/06/2005, 9:37 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that a few clubs were interested in him, - West brom, Charlton, but Steve Bruce rejected their approaches, he must be doing something good to impress Bruce. However warming the bench will not help our cause, this sit down he is supposed to be having had better work well in his favour or we might suffer any consequences ..

Stuttgart88
10/06/2005, 9:40 AM
Charlton would be ideal - south London & little competition. Their forwards are crap.

tetsujin1979
10/06/2005, 10:46 AM
it wasnt heskey forselll that worked well 2 seasons ago it was morisson forsell. heskey was still at liverpool

My mistake, Heskey was still at Liverpool, but it wasn't Morrisson who was Forssel's regular strike partner, wasn't it Christophe Dugarry?

carnstien
10/06/2005, 11:10 AM
Poor Clinton, him and Heskey were doing so well before Bruce signed that waste of space Pandiani at Christmas. He only got Morrison's place because he's South American and has a cool name, because him and Heskey certainly didn't form a better partnership.

Forsell is a class act in fairness so I reckon Clinton will be on his way...

De Town
10/06/2005, 11:12 AM
My mistake, Heskey was still at Liverpool, but it wasn't Morrisson who was Forssel's regular strike partner, wasn't it Christophe Dugarry?
Yeah, I think your right this time :p

Karlos
10/06/2005, 11:25 AM
Poor Clinton, him and Heskey were doing so well before Bruce signed that waste of space Pandiani at Christmas. He only got Morrison's place because he's South American and has a cool name, because him and Heskey certainly didn't form a better partnership.

Disagree on Pandiani - have watched him numorous times in La Liga and saw him in the flesh at the Birmingham - Arsenal game in May. His movement and work rate off the ball was impressive that day and he took his goal lovely - great all round performance and what you'd look for from a front man.

far from world class though but certainly not 'a waste of space'. :)

NeilMcD
10/06/2005, 11:32 AM
THe end of the 2003-2004 season Forsell and Morrison were on fire together and Forsell even paid tribute to Morrison for setting up so many of his goalds and he said he was the perfect stricke partner, very unselfish etc. I think Bruce should go with them too up front. If he doesnt a move to Charlton with Darren Bent could be good too. West Brom tried to get Kanoute and May go for Morrisson instead. I think if he is playing regulary in the 1st couple of months of the season I think he can be very important to us in Sept and October. He needs to be match fit and full of confidence.

carnstien
10/06/2005, 11:41 AM
. West Brom tried to get Kanoute and May go for Morrisson instead.
Indeed, could see himself and Earnshaw forming a great partnership, certainly wouldn't be short on confidence!

eirebhoy
10/06/2005, 11:53 AM
Morrison and Forsell had a lethal partnership at Crystal Palace.

OwlsFan
10/06/2005, 1:11 PM
THe end of the 2003-2004 season Forsell and Morrison were on fire together .

:eek: I hope they weren't badly burned!!

Morrission should gtf out of Birmingham with yet another striker arriving - they're are almost as many there now as Robbie has to compete with at Spurs. Anyone, anywhere in the Premiership who will give him regular 1st team football will do. Wait a year and Wednesday could sign him ;)

FarBeag
10/06/2005, 2:21 PM
Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this but the one thing i observed about Morrison is that he can't seem to last more than 60 to 70 minutes on the field without getting tired.He really needs to work on his fitness if he is going to progress at any level.

ColinR
10/06/2005, 2:32 PM
Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this but the one thing i observed about Morrison is that he can't seem to last more than 60 to 70 minutes on the field without getting tired.He really needs to work on his fitness if he is going to progress at any level.

i think that is generally down to a lack of match fitness and, for want of a better phrase - running around like a headless chicken.

every game he seems to be putting an unbelievable amount of effort, and chasing everything, until as you say the hour mark, when he is just drained.

if elliot does come good next year in the premiership, and breaks into the team, then use morrison for the last 20 mins when he can run defenders ragged without tiring himself too much

livehead1
11/06/2005, 10:40 AM
elliot was even used sparingly by mick mccarthy at sometimes last season so for people to say he is going to be playing ahead of a striker like morrison who has lets be fair, a very good goalscoring rate for ireland is nonsense....it will be morrison keane for the forseeable future barring injury. hes been out of the birmingham side regular for the last how many months and is still in the ireland team, nothing will change that at the mo as he works hard and is grabbing a few goals

dr_peepee
20/06/2005, 3:47 PM
Linked with a 2.5 million pound move to Fulham

jorge
20/06/2005, 4:22 PM
He has to move anywhere aslong as its top flite football beacause hes a handy player.Sunderland arent after him anymore.

elroy
20/06/2005, 4:24 PM
He has to move anywhere aslong as its top flite football beacause hes a handy player.Sunderland arent after him anymore.

Ya because they have Kevin Kyle instead :eek:

jorge
20/06/2005, 4:30 PM
I read reports it wasent a matter of opinion :p