PDA

View Full Version : Boston Baby!

joe
14/03/2002, 6:39 PM
In addition to this summer's trip to the English midlands, the Echo also reports that a trip to Boston is on the cards for next year's pre-season.

Where's all the money for these trips coming from?

Did the builders uncover a pot of gold when putting up the floodlights?

Pablo
14/03/2002, 6:46 PM
Maybe its Boston in Engalnd! top of the conference i belive :D

James
14/03/2002, 6:57 PM
Originally posted by joe
In addition to this summer's trip to the English midlands, the Echo also reports that a trip to Boston is on the cards for next year's pre-season.

boston you say ..sweeeeeeeeeet
i'll find homes for anyone who wants to come over

they'll prob play BC and BU and a few from Bucks old stomping grounds, haha that'll be weird seeing as bucks is soccer college ledgend over here, the press will be going mad following him

joe
14/03/2002, 9:09 PM
AFAIK UCC soccer club has organised a tour of the States for the past 2/3 years and I imagine City's plan would be based on that. Here's what their website said about the last tour:

UCC AFC returned from their USA Tour on Wednesday September 13th. UCC played Princeton, Harvard, University of Pennslyvania, Bowdoin College and Druid Celtic. The squad were also guests of the New York Giants, Boston Red Sox and New England Revolution. Great time had by all.

The club hopes the next tour will take place in the summer of 2003.

James
14/03/2002, 10:37 PM
ok i doubt the CCFC tour would have as many games or be as organised

what i see happened would be a game agaist BU, BC, NE revolution, and prob the new hampshire phantoms who bucks starred for

haha druid celtic are a pub side, i'd say UCC had some fun with that one.

either way it all sounds good to me

maybe City could play UCC over here..

pete
15/03/2002, 11:06 AM
Now we have no european football this year the Board have to find an alternative free summer holiday! :rolleyes:

Ah sure they always up the ticket price to the X.

:(