PDA

View Full Version : Under 21's

student
09/06/2005, 10:45 PM
Just wondering how some of the young lads that were on the under 21 team last year are doing. I saw the team play on a couple of occasions and was very impressed especially with Tyrell, Dunne, Ivory and Mcgrory (amongst others).

I know McGrory (not sure if i have spelt his name correctly) featured in a few of the earlier matches, but it doesnt seem any of the other lads are getting a look in, which is disappointing in a way.

Looking at the website it would seem to me that bray have a big squad of players, but a lot of these players would seem to me to be of around the same standard. Perhaps Bray could release some of these squad players and use the spare money to bring in one or two top quality players who would significantly enhance the team and use the young lads to fill in the squad places which they are more than capable of doing.

Roo69
10/06/2005, 9:05 AM
Last season we had a very good U21 squad and were unlucky not to actually go further in the League, they got a very tough draw up in Finn Harps. Most of the squad is still together, a few of the older lads who didnt quite make the grade have moved on.

Tyrell, Dunne and Ivory are all still there, McGrory is now apart of the 1st team squad, Well Dunne made his competitve debut against Pats last week, and Mick Roche was on the bench for that game as well. Peter McGee is another player to look out for this season, excellent prospect ! Darren Lacey and Ross Zambra as well.

A few new players have been brought in, so hopefully the can build on lasts years good showing.

In
Pat Hannigan, very highly rated keeper from the states.
William Murphy, left full signed from Pats, gools solid player.
Ryan Davis, winger signed from Shels.
Lloyd Colfer, striker who had spells with ucd and pats.
Wayne Byrne and Stephen Roche has also been signed from Joeys.
Brian Gartland signed from st. Francis.

Out (as far as i know)
Clifford Henry signed for Dublin City
Pat Burke signed for Kilkenny City
Fran Hoare gone back down to wexford
and i think Oisan Crean has left the club as well, but as i said these are all as far as i knows.

Billy Manley will miss most of the season through injury.