PDA

View Full Version : David Whittle?

Neil
14/03/2002, 6:08 PM
I heard a rumour (from a Waterford fella) that City are looking to sign center-half Whittle (I think that's his name) from Waterford Utd.

He played in the World Championship U-20 Irish team a couple of years ago.

Pablo
14/03/2002, 7:03 PM
Not much about him but have a looksee here (http://www.waterford-united.ie/display.asp?type=B759D731E3E53EA630341E3E535C9EDE3 1E3E535C9EDE31E3E53|2F2142|10E2EF)

pete
15/03/2002, 10:29 AM
Is he not the guy who was fined 2 weeks wages recently by the new Waterford manager becuase he was a disruptive influence in the dressing room? Rumoured to be the root of dressing room unrest at the blow-ins recnetly (many from city?).

Talk about ironic eh?

:eek:

Éanna
15/03/2002, 12:37 PM
interview with WUFC manager from eircomleague.net:
"In my mind that philosophy needs to be continued to ensure we get a balanced and talented squad capable of winning games. Unfortunately, when I arrived here there was a certain resistance within the squad to the arrival of Kevin Flanagan, Colin O'Brien, Andy Myler and Pauric Drew, just because they were not from the area."

"That in my mind was not right and goes against every principle of equality we hold in this country." In his reluctance to discuss internal club issues in detail, this is probably the closest reference to the disciplinary matter with David Whittle, who aws thrown out of the club because of apparent attitude problems.

McGeough claimed that Whittle was a negative influence on the club and that other players had stated their unhappiness at his presence. A League tribunal was held last week on the matter.

In confirming the ruling from the tribunal, McGeough suspects that the terms were meant to be confidential and he plans to keep it that way, despite the speculation in the national media.

Don't we have enough people like this?!