PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'Herlihy

Comic Book Guy
09/06/2005, 5:30 PM
Bill, I thought you were some la***r to make smart ass comments last night about Cobh Ramblers beating the Faroe Islands :mad:

Maybe I'm being ultra sensitive here but I guess if he had made the comments about any other E.L club there might well be the same reaction.

And speaking of the Faroes, I have deep respect for any part-time player who puts in the effort. While the Republic players were preparing to jet off for sunnier climes, the majority of the faroese players would have to prepare for an honest days work ahead of them.
These guys deserve nothing but respect, be it a Cobh Ramblers part-timer or a Faroes player, respect and not the disparaging remarks of an ignorant presenter who doesn't give a rat's arse about the league which helped one of Ireland's best players on his way.

roversforever
09/06/2005, 8:26 PM
lighten up,it was only a joke!he didn't mean anything by it!

terry9
09/06/2005, 9:03 PM
if we can beat internatioal sides we must be good! ;)

Rebal Boy
09/06/2005, 9:46 PM
Don't mind those langers.
Rams have a HUGE game on Saturday and thats what we should be thinking about. I hope a good crowd turns up at it. I'd say there will be about 1200, but hopfully more then that. COME ON THE RAMS!

pete
09/06/2005, 10:04 PM
I think eL fans need to be less sensitive about these comments.

I only saw the commenst ppost match which i thought unfair on the Faroes. They are entitled to play international football anyway they choose (not so long ago with were hoofing into the corners) & with population of 50k spread amoung numerous islands they can only do their best.

drinkfeckarse
10/06/2005, 8:23 AM
I agree we need to be a little less sensitive in general but can understand fully why some people wouldn't like that comment.

I'm sure if he'd said Cork City or Shels there would have been plenty of uproar i.e. "ignorant b0ll0cks!" or "comments like that hold the league back" but because it's "just" the Rams it's ok :rolleyes:

drinkfeckarse
10/06/2005, 9:58 AM
But he was right.

Cobh Ramblers would have beaten that lot.

Cork City would have hammered them...

:p Maybe but Bill meant it in a disparaging way to both teams and none of them deserve it.

Éanna
10/06/2005, 10:45 AM
Funny thing, you'd see better and more entertaining football from part-timers at Ramblers than from that shower of ****e which supposedly makes up the best this country can offer :rolleyes:

terry9
10/06/2005, 11:14 AM
Funny thing, you'd see better and more entertaining football from part-timers at Ramblers than from that shower of ****e which supposedly makes up the best this country can offer :rolleyes:

exactly...ireland pro's?

if faroes are so bad whd didnt our 'pro's' thump these part timers 8 or 9-0??

BohDiddley
10/06/2005, 12:46 PM
Just thought you might like to know. Bohs fans are more upset about this than you are!

Bill bashing on Bohs MB (http://gypsiesweb.proboards14.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1118270591)

superfrank
10/06/2005, 12:51 PM
He was slagging the Scots too. :mad:

terry9
10/06/2005, 1:13 PM
Just thought you might like to know. Bohs fans are more upset about this than you are!

Bill bashing on Bohs MB (http://gypsiesweb.proboards14.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1118270591)

well done lads!! :)

BohDiddley
10/06/2005, 2:24 PM
He was slagging the Scots too. :mad:
That's allowed. In fact, it's mandatory! ;)