PDA

View Full Version : Eric Lavine Suspended

Caleb
09/06/2005, 8:31 AM
It says in the Star this morning that Lavine is suspended from Longford for the forseeable future after a disciplinary hearing.
Any update?

fosterdollar
09/06/2005, 8:36 AM
By the club or by the league?

Macy
09/06/2005, 8:47 AM
Can we not just sack the cnut?

fosterdollar
09/06/2005, 8:49 AM
It seems the only way he was/is ever going to leave the club is surrounded by controversy anyway as his proponents seem to be many within the club.

Macy
09/06/2005, 8:51 AM
It seems the only way he was/is ever going to leave the club is surrounded by controversy anyway as his proponents seem to be many within the club.
I agree, I mean how good does that 30k offer from Derry seem now? Never mind that it would've been great business at the time :rolleyes:

Caleb
09/06/2005, 9:29 AM
By the club or by the league?

By The club

town73
09/06/2005, 9:41 AM
AFAIK he went AWOL.

Terry
09/06/2005, 9:42 AM
We'll take him! :o

fosterdollar
09/06/2005, 9:55 AM
We'll take him! :o
...and done

De Town
09/06/2005, 10:53 AM
AFAIK, he went to London without telling the club and left a message on Matthews fone telling him why he wasnt in training. Something like that anyway :rolleyes:

Longfordian
09/06/2005, 11:08 AM
He's claiming he was sick in Galway and missed training on a Monday night when the world and his mother knows he was in the UK with some bird. He claims he was back on Sunday but has no explanation as to why he was phoning another player from the airport on the Wednesday morning looking to be picked up when he was supposedly in Galway. The club have liaised with the PFAI and have their full support and the backing of the squad, they're following procedures but he's a goner. He may have had a chance if he wasnt telling bald faced lies at his hearing.

Macy
09/06/2005, 2:25 PM
I have visions of committee members going into the meeting with boxes on trolley's - like you see at the Tribunals - containing lists of offences :D

Wiseguy
09/06/2005, 2:42 PM
I was always a supporter of Lavine's but he throws every chance he is given back in peoples faces.sometimes you just have to say that enough is enough.He has to go.

Roo69
09/06/2005, 3:55 PM
I'm sure with his eL experience any number of clubs would be willing to take him on. Galway or Sligo would be good bets i reckon.

Dillo
09/06/2005, 6:50 PM
I was always a supporter of Lavine's but he throws every chance he is given back in peoples faces.sometimes you just have to say that enough is enough.He has to go.

I was always a supporter of Erics and I still am to an extent. Lets remember what this man has done for our club- he practically kept us up on his own 'that' season. He always has and always will be associated with LTFC for the right reasons. It's a shame his off the field tendencies have to interfere with his involvement with LTFC.

daithi
10/06/2005, 12:27 AM
What has he done for the club in the last two seasons? Living on a reputation for so long.... and a reputation for what? How many goals has he scored? Whats his ratio like? I've always liked Eric but, enough is enough. He's treated the club and it's fans like sh1t. I've been watching d town for a long time and it takes a fair bit for me to post a reply like this but when he's cost the club so much in wages ect. and then treats us like this.... He taking the **** big time.....

fosterdollar
10/06/2005, 7:24 AM
I was always a supporter of Erics and I still am to an extent. Lets remember what this man has done for our club- he practically kept us up on his own 'that' season. He always has and always will be associated with LTFC for the right reasons. It's a shame his off the field tendencies have to interfere with his involvement with LTFC.
We don't owe him anything unconditionally for one season of class.

Macy
10/06/2005, 7:44 AM
We don't owe him anything unconditionally for one season of class.
One season of class? One average season in a load of shíte ones.... People judge Eric based on what he is/was like off the pitch, not on his performances on it....

observer
10/06/2005, 8:45 AM
I am a hugh fan of Eric. His touch and control are second to none in the league, unfortunately it is time for him to move on for the good of the club.
thanks for the memories. ;)

garykelly
10/06/2005, 9:07 AM
I'm sure with his eL experience any number of clubs would be willing to take him on. Galway or Sligo would be good bets i reckon.

he wont be going to sligo.galway can have him. he'd be good signing for them.

Martinho II
11/06/2005, 1:14 PM
well in todays mirror it looks like lavine is going to waterford to play for his old teammate "scumbag" reynolds! the pair will be well suited! :)

jorge
11/06/2005, 5:41 PM
Why is Reynolds a scumbag? :confused:

Maz
12/06/2005, 2:59 PM
well in todays mirror it looks like lavine is going to waterford to play for his old teammate "scumbag" reynolds! the pair will be well suited! :)

Does he know about this? I dont think so!

Longfordian
13/06/2005, 11:57 AM
Galway have been on asking about him, it's thought Waterford would be interested as well, maybe some northern teams. Don't know where he'll go but there'll be no reprieve for him this time

Pauro 76
13/06/2005, 3:10 PM
best of luck Eric, thanks for the memories. :confused:

Maz
13/06/2005, 3:45 PM
Have been in contact with him and infairness to him he does love longford and the fans but he knows its over and he is gone!

Xlex
13/06/2005, 5:11 PM
The most Eric Lavine has done in a LTFC shirt is pander to the crowd... In fairness it has got him far but he has taken the **** with his behaviou and there is the door....

and thanks for damn all...

Wiseguy
14/06/2005, 10:39 AM
I think the best thing to do is remember the good times.He did serve us well for a time but i think his dedication weaned towards the end which is a shame.He was a good player who scored some vital goals and was a nice friendly chap.I for one wish him all the best and it's a shame it has turned out like this but his departure is best for all parties.

Macy
15/06/2005, 10:09 AM
There's none so blind as those that refuse to see...

Macy
15/06/2005, 12:34 PM
Can't see much if you're blind drunk ...........
I remember those days so well...... well I don't obviously... :D

Macy
16/06/2005, 12:38 PM
You do realise I wasn't referring to YOU ........
Well figured, but thought I'd reminisce anyway - even that's not as good as it used to be... :eek:

Terry
16/06/2005, 2:30 PM
Can't believe for the life of me why they'd want him back :confused: :confused:

Cause Moran is the only striker we have at the moment! :confused: :(

Macy
17/06/2005, 9:57 AM
Still and all. Even if he's worth the hassle, surely he's past it at this stage ?
Yeah, but he'd be training with the full squad if he went there, not on his own. Doubt he'd get away with as much...

observer
17/06/2005, 2:31 PM
He wont be going to Waterford anyway if they are short on cash. Eric needs to keep himself in the manner to which he has become accustomed. :)