PDA

View Full Version : Republic of Ireland v Finland - Wednesday, 14th October 2020 - UEFA Nations League

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Bielsa´s irish
11/10/2020, 7:19 PM
So already out for Wednesday,

mcclean suspension
kev long injury
mcgoldrick injury

7 for covid 19

connolly
idah
egan
browne
odowda
robinson
derrick williams

paul_oshea
11/10/2020, 9:14 PM
Hoping for another stirling performance with no goals conceded or scored, and everyone up at looney tunes to say how great everything is rosy in the garden.

Ill be happy at this stage if we score 1 goal, just one. Nothing more!

Bielsa´s irish
11/10/2020, 9:29 PM
Football Association of Ireland wishes to update media on the following.

The Football Association of Ireland wishes to update media on the following.

The HSE have now confirmed that the result from a UEFA COVID-19 test on an FAI staff member taken in Bratislava last Wednesday has been officially classified as a false positive
The HSE has informed the FAI that it is now happy that the FAI staff member is no longer regarded as a positive test and is out of quarantine
All the FAI staff member’s close contacts are no longer subject to restrictions of their movements
The Ireland squad and backroom staff were tested for COVID-19 at their Dublin base on Sunday night with results due on Monday afternoon
The Ireland team will now fly to Helsinki on Tuesday ahead of Wednesday night’s UEFA Nations League game against Finland
Details on manager Stephen Kenny’s call-ups for the Finland game will be available later tonight.Details on manager Stephen Kenny’s call-ups for the Finland game will be available later tonight.

Bielsa´s irish
11/10/2020, 9:31 PM
Since the goverment screwed it out , dont know what BHA or Norwich will do. Dont know about Finland, what do they do?

backstothewall
11/10/2020, 9:41 PM

The HSE have now confirmed that the result from a UEFA COVID-19 test on an FAI staff member taken in Bratislava last Wednesday has been officially classified as a false positive
The HSE has informed the FAI that it is now happy that the FAI staff member is no longer regarded as a positive test and is out of quarantine
All the FAI staff member’s close contacts are no longer subject to restrictions of their movements
The Ireland squad and backroom staff were tested for COVID-19 at their Dublin base on Sunday night with results due on Monday afternoon
The Ireland team will now fly to Helsinki on Tuesday ahead of Wednesday night’s UEFA Nations League game against Finland
Details on manager Stephen Kenny’s call-ups for the Finland game will be available later tonight.Details on manager Stephen Kenny’s call-ups for the Finland game will be available later tonight.

Surely this is all academic now Williams has tested positive. It's found it's way into the squad. It would be extremely surprising if there isn't at least another couple of positives in the results released tomorrow.

seanfhear
11/10/2020, 9:42 PM
Surely this is all academic now Williams has tested positive. It's found it's way into the squad. It would be extremely surprising if there isn't at least another couple of positives in the results released tomorrow.
Could it be another false positive ?

Bielsa´s irish
11/10/2020, 9:43 PM

So Derrick had a positive test?

Razors left peg
11/10/2020, 9:44 PM
Not necessarily. Idah and Connolly haven't come into contact with Williams for few days so they shouldn't be affected. If others all test negative then they should be cleared to play. This nonsense of 2 meters is ridiculous. You either test positive or not

Bielsa´s irish
11/10/2020, 9:49 PM
Derrick Williams was absent from Stephen Kenny’s Republic of Ireland squad for their draw against Wales.No confirmation on why he was not present but rumours suggest he may be the player who has tested positive for coronavirus.Hoping to have an update soon.

backstothewall
11/10/2020, 9:50 PM
So Derrick had a positive test?

Yes. He's not been officially named, but they confirmed a player has tested positive, and we know that every other player in the squad has tested negative. So it was him.

Bielsa´s irish
11/10/2020, 9:53 PM
i read on twitter about Kenny and Sheridan, not sure source yet

eekers
11/10/2020, 10:00 PM

Connolly and Idah should be straight over now. No excuses. Their clubs have no legal power to pull them out neither.

tetsujin1979
11/10/2020, 10:11 PM
i read on twitter about Kenny and Sheridan, not sure source yet
Please link to these tweets.
Tweets can also be embedded in posts

Bielsa´s irish
11/10/2020, 10:24 PM
Please link to these tweets.
Tweets can also be embedded in posts
"You’re nobody until there’s rumours about you via a cousin’s boyfriend’s brother going around on WhatsApp"

Bielsa´s irish
11/10/2020, 10:30 PM
called up manning curtis knight idah oshea

brighton rejected call up

eekers
11/10/2020, 10:34 PM
https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status/1315403900049149956

No Connolly

eekers
11/10/2020, 10:42 PM
Connolly tweeted an emoji in reaction and then deleted the tweet

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40063127.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"The announcement of the call-ups led Brighton's Connolly to react on social media with an emoji of a person sticking their hand in the air."

Razors left peg
11/10/2020, 11:09 PM
Surely Brighton can't refuse to release a player unless he's injured. Lad obviously wants to play so there should be some sort of sanctions against the club

Bielsa´s irish
11/10/2020, 11:09 PM
apparently the club says no. More players might get call up. this is like a soap-opera. Now Nial Quinn complaints about the uefa suits blocking the two of them in slovakia

Razors left peg
11/10/2020, 11:12 PM
On Obafemi continuing to be left out maybe they are thinking that he is irreplaceable for the 21s this week. Collins can replace O'Shea and Smallbone can replace Knight, and with Idah back in he wouldn't start for seniors. Curtis is more of a winger right?

Bielsa´s irish
11/10/2020, 11:16 PM
On Obafemi continuing to be left out maybe they are thinking that he is irreplaceable for the 21s this week. Collins can replace O'Shea and Smallbone can replace Knight, and with Idah back in he wouldn't start for seniors. Curtis is more of a winger right?

dont know but, these guys are set to be realeased

mcclean suspension
kev long injury
mcgoldrick injury

connolly club

5 covid protocols
egan
browne
odowda
robinson
derrick williams

tetsujin1979
11/10/2020, 11:30 PM
"You’re nobody until there’s rumours about you via a cousin’s boyfriend’s brother going around on WhatsApp"
I have no idea what that means. Provide proof for these rumoured call ups,

ColourfulPeanut
11/10/2020, 11:46 PM
I assume that's the case

Obafemi is better off in the u21s this time round IMO. He should definitely be playing in the centre of the 3 and leading the line. This is a really important game and he's by far and away our best forward in that squad.

Bielsa´s irish
11/10/2020, 11:56 PM
ive asked Sheridan himself as a bunch of others fans did. No replies from the forward yet

backstothewall
12/10/2020, 12:03 AM
Five players called up for the Finland match

▪️ Dara O'Shea | @WBA
▪️ Jason Knight | @dcfcofficial
▪️ Adam Idah | @NorwichCityFC
▪️ Ryan Manning | @QPR
▪️ Ronan Curtis | @Pompey

Idah rejoins squad after receiving clearance from the HSE

➡️ https://t.co/SeiauxiVvB

#COYBIG https://t.co/GVYLCKsLAy

Razors left peg
12/10/2020, 12:08 AM
This constant Sheridan thing is hilarious, even Sheridan doesn't think he deserves a call up.....

https://twitter.com/CillianSheridan/status/1315383359472836608?s=19

seanfhear
12/10/2020, 12:15 AM
Connolly tweeted an emoji in reaction and then deleted the tweet

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40063127.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"The announcement of the call-ups led Brighton's Connolly to react on social media with an emoji of a person sticking their hand in the air."
I wonder is that a Reference to the Irish Stasi , The British Stasi or the Brighton Stasi ! !

Bielsa´s irish
12/10/2020, 12:36 AM
This constant Sheridan thing is hilarious, even Sheridan doesn't think he deserves a call up.....

i think because the guy is down to earth kind of guy, still no replies, but dont think if called he would reject Kenny

nigel-harps1954
12/10/2020, 1:30 AM

Bielsa here has been outed as a Garry Brides. Stop the Argentinian presses!

Olé Olé
12/10/2020, 7:53 AM
Idah returns following HSE clearance as five players called up to Ireland squad https://the42.ie/5230307

Idah is rejoining the squad but Connolly is not. I can only assume Connolly's club have asked him not to- and I couldn't really blame them.

Dara O'Shea, Ryan Manning, Jason Knight and Ronan Curtis are in too. 4 lads who would have strong chances of breaking through in the short to medium term.

I would imagine Idah will be 9 against Finland. I'd like to see O'Shea and Knight also get games.

We are starting to grow some depth. Quite a decent squad between Connolly missing, the five players linked to the one positive test and injuries coming into the games.

elatedscum
12/10/2020, 12:24 PM
Connolly’s back!

seanfhear
12/10/2020, 12:38 PM
Connolly’s back!James !

seanfhear
12/10/2020, 12:40 PM
He’ll score a hat-full now !

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/1012/1170979-connolly-rejoins-republic-of-ireland-squad/

Olé Olé
12/10/2020, 1:02 PM
Strong squad. I'm really looking forward to this game now. If we start Connolly and Idah it would be interesting see how they fare with the slight improvement in service on show against Slovakia and Wales, in comparison the Bulgaria and Finland anyways.

elatedscum
12/10/2020, 1:14 PM
Was thinking about the false positives...

The HSE have said that a false positive occurs a maximum of once in 500 for them. I think the players have been tested 5 times so far. If there are 56 FAI staff on a flight, over the course of the international break, you’re talking 250+ tests. In that context, it’s not improbable that a false positive could occur.

Would it make sense to do a B sample, like in drug testing? Test everyone twice, analyse the samples separately but at the same time. Then if there’s a positive, you’ve either got a second positive, or a negative beside it, indicating a false positive.

Means you don’t have the 1-2 day delay which ruled out Connolly and Idah

jbyrne
12/10/2020, 1:38 PM
Strong squad

i wouldnt speak so soon..... another positive test from the playing squad this morning and its not one of the 4 that was ruled as a close contact yesterday

irishfan86
12/10/2020, 1:59 PM
i wouldnt speak so soon..... another positive test from the playing squad this morning and its not one of the 4 that was ruled as a close contact yesterday

Got a link on this?

jbyrne
12/10/2020, 2:00 PM
Got a link on this?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/ireland-facing-further-covid-chaos-as-another-player-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-39613225.html

paul_oshea
12/10/2020, 2:03 PM
Its a farce at this stage. Just call it 0-0 and save everyone time. :D

zero
12/10/2020, 2:08 PM
how come we seem to be the country affected most by this? bad luck? or are we just not hearing about similar situations with other national teams?

the only comparable team i've heard of is the italian u21s.

jbyrne
12/10/2020, 2:14 PM
how come we seem to be the country affected most by this? bad luck? or are we just not hearing about similar situations with other national teams?

scotland anyway. probably more

Scrufil
12/10/2020, 2:18 PM
Obvious that it would happen with one confirmed case in the camp. There could be both management, backroom and squad withdrawals between now and our next kick-off. It is not a nice lottery to be in.

eekers
12/10/2020, 2:42 PM

Different countries use different tests.

We should have downgraded to the company the premier league uses.
They swab only the inside of the nose and don't stick it all the way into their brain a it would be "too invasive".

Bielsa´s irish
12/10/2020, 3:17 PM
there is a second player with this covid 19. Positive test

seanfhear
12/10/2020, 3:20 PM
If only we had 20 Donald Trumps !

Bielsa´s irish
12/10/2020, 3:39 PM
rewatched the game, the double booking was very very harsh, the ref got it all wrong, 1st booking he didnt even touch the guy! 2nd was invented by the welsh player, but there was a challenge for the ball, watch the qualies in southamerica then. Please FAI ask uefa for the sending off to be overturn and invalidate.

the last two refs were really against the green

irishfan86
12/10/2020, 3:42 PM
McClean didn't connect but when you lunge like that when on a yellow, you give the referee a decision to make. McClean is incapable of playing with restraint and quite frankly should probably be substituted whenever he's on a yellow.

Unfortunately there might also be a calculation that we're more likely to score with him on the pitch. With Connolly coming back in, an appeal probably not worth the effort.

Razors left peg
12/10/2020, 4:02 PM
An appeal is nonsense. In real time when he lunged in the 2nd time I instantly said what an idiot to my wife before the red card was shown. It was completely brainless to dive in like that after already being booked

backstothewall
12/10/2020, 4:03 PM
I have to wonder just how false that false positive was.

I don't see how this game goes ahead. There'll be more positives after this.

Bielsa´s irish
12/10/2020, 4:42 PM
An appeal is nonsense. In real time when he lunged in the 2nd time I instantly said what an idiot to my wife before the red card was shown. It was completely brainless to dive in like that after already being booked
the 1st booking is incredible, he didnt even touch the guy. Croocked refs