PDA

View Full Version : FAI CUP - Shels v Doire

De Town
08/06/2005, 11:12 AM
is it on TG4 on Friday night??

superfrank
08/06/2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah, the match starts at 7.45 so I guess the programme will start sometime before.

It's some consolidation for not being able to go to Turner's for the real big match. :D

De Town
08/06/2005, 11:36 AM
consolidation
:D :D :D

Kingdom
08/06/2005, 12:48 PM
Good man de town!! Spotted it too.

superfrank
08/06/2005, 4:41 PM
What's so funny bout that? :confused:

dancinpants
08/06/2005, 6:01 PM
What's so funny bout that? :confused:

Frank, I think its something to do with the fact that you probably meant "conSOLATION"

superfrank
09/06/2005, 10:48 AM
Doesn't consolidation mean the same thing? :confused:

De Town
09/06/2005, 11:05 AM
Doesn't consolidation mean the same thing? :confused:
Not taking these from a dictionary or anything, just out of my head:

consolidation - to consolidate is to try and sit back in a football match for example, Ireland were 2-0 up against Israel last Saturday, Brian Kerr tried to consolidate by bringing a midfielder on for a striker but it didnt work.

consilation - the word I think you were looking for. when a team is losing 3 or 4 nil with 5 minutes to go and they get a goal back, this goal is a consilation.

superfrank
09/06/2005, 11:12 AM
You're right! Congrats, you outsmarted someone older then you! :o :o :o

De Town
09/06/2005, 11:13 AM
You're right! Congrats, you outsmarted someone older then you! :o :o :o
ah no worries. Sets me up nicely for my Junior Cert English exam next year :D

superfrank
09/06/2005, 11:24 AM
I did mine last year and the higher level was pretty easy. And I got a B!!!! :D

dortie
09/06/2005, 12:16 PM
$hels fans to be out sung on their home turf again, and live on tv too :D

De Town
09/06/2005, 12:38 PM
I did mine last year and the higher level was pretty easy. And I got a B!!!! :D
hope to be doing higher level myself :)

pete
09/06/2005, 1:59 PM

At this stage the only surprise would be if Shels fans outsing away fans.

Anto McC
09/06/2005, 4:31 PM

Yawn,not this old one again,can you Derry lads not think of something other than this to say to Shels :rolleyes:

Derry City to be beaten by Shels in the cup again,and live on tv too :D

Dee75
09/06/2005, 4:42 PM
What do you mean again?? We've won the most recent FAI Cup meeting :D

Slash/ED
09/06/2005, 4:42 PM
At this stage the only surprise would be if Shels fans outsing away fans.

I can't once remember Cork fans, or any fans, outsinging us in Tolka Park. They'll always think they did, because they're in the best place in the ground for noise retention (Something we HAVE to change).

Anto McC
09/06/2005, 5:15 PM
What do you mean again?? We've won the most recent FAI Cup meeting :D

You've won the most recent,well obviously your a better team tham we'll ever be,we could never compete against a team that's won the most recent meeting of the 2 sides.

PS,I do realise the fact that i'm leaving myself open to some predictable editing,so i'll save you the trouble and look suprised now........ :eek:

Anto McC
09/06/2005, 5:16 PM
I can't once remember Cork fans, or any fans, outsinging us in Tolka Park. They'll always think they did, because they're in the best place in the ground for noise retention (Something we HAVE to change).

Something i don't think will happen Slash/ED

Sorry for the double post.

Slash/ED
09/06/2005, 5:24 PM
Something i don't think will happen Slash/ED

Sorry for the double post.

It has to, it's a joke we're in the worst place in the ground for making an atmosphere. You can't be heard there no matter how loud you are if there's a good support in the Riverside, what's the point? We have to move.

dortie
09/06/2005, 6:05 PM
Derry City to be beaten by Shels in the cup again,and live on tv too :D

And what was the score in the cup last year ????

Slash/ED
09/06/2005, 6:09 PM

A draw :)

In all honesty I'm not confident, we don't seem to do well in the cups under Fenlon at all.

Anto McC
09/06/2005, 6:14 PM

Well i have to admit you did beat Shels and then went on to get knocked out in the semis,so the bottom line is last year in the cup you were as useless as Shels.

dortie
09/06/2005, 6:45 PM
so the bottom line is last year in the cup you were as useless as Shels.

You do realise how stupid that sounds :rolleyes: ....mmmmm..semi-final v 2nd round ?
A draw will do me, then take you in the Brandy once again.

Anto McC
09/06/2005, 6:51 PM
You do realise how stupid that sounds :rolleyes: ....mmmmm..semi-final v 2nd round ?
A draw will do me, then take you in the Brandy once again.

Not really

Longford Town : WINNERS
Waterford Utd : RUNNERS-UP
Everyone else : LOSERS

De Town
09/06/2005, 7:23 PM
Longford Town : WINNERS
:cool:
We are getting used to that now.

3 in a row starts on Saturday.....

Anto McC
09/06/2005, 7:37 PM

I was waiting for you to do that DE TOWN.

De Town
09/06/2005, 7:39 PM
I was waiting for you to do that DE TOWN.
:D :p :D

Anto McC
09/06/2005, 7:43 PM
:D :p :D

Without crushing all your hopes,i predict an early cup exit for Longford this year.I have my money on Bohs to win it,i'll settle for the League and Champions league titles :D

De Town
09/06/2005, 7:45 PM
Without crushing all your hopes,i predict an early cup exit for Longford this year.
Ah, it has to come to an end sometime but I just hope its not this year :) The hattrick of cup wins would be special though :cool:

Krstic
10/06/2005, 10:45 AM
Can anyone tell me if tonights game will be broadcast through TG4 on the SKY Digital format or will it be scrambled like the English Premiership matches and Ireland Internationals????? (In Northern Ireland)

De Town
10/06/2005, 11:02 AM
Can anyone tell me if tonights game will be broadcast through TG4 on the SKY Digital format or will it be scrambled like the English Premiership matches and Ireland Internationals????? (In Northern Ireland)
I dont see why it wont be shown on SKY digital TG4.

town73
10/06/2005, 11:29 AM
I thought they separated the Irish and English channels - you have Irish ads on Sky these days.

Krstic
10/06/2005, 12:23 PM
At present any football on RTE through the SKY Digital format is scrambled, to the annoyance of us Northern Folk!
This is because SKY have the rights to show Premiership Footy in the UK and they also have the rights to Rep of Ireland Matches in the UK, therefore anytime a match has been on RTE of late, it has been scrambled. (OH I forgot to include Champions League.)

So what I need to know is, do SKY or Setanta or any other crowd own the rights for EL footy in the UK, cause if they do, the game will be Scrambled,and I'll be watching it on a wee portable in the bedroom with a dodgy reception, cause I don't have an outside ariel :(

town73
10/06/2005, 1:16 PM
Setanta have rights to some of the games, so I don't know where that leaves you. Details of TV rights here (http://www.fai.ie/article.asp?hlid=258338&Title=FAI+announces+TV+deal&lid=&sub=FAI+announces+TV+deal&navlid=&sublid=)

bigmac
10/06/2005, 2:08 PM

A little matter of Waterford Crystal to get past first. The way United are playing it'll be a tougher game for you! :rolleyes:

Come on the Glass!!

De Town
10/06/2005, 2:32 PM
A little matter of Waterford Crystal to get past first. The way United are playing it'll be a tougher game for you! :rolleyes:

Come on the Glass!!
I fully expect the Crystal to at least play with more pride than ye did last week :cool:

bigmac
10/06/2005, 2:54 PM
I fully expect the Crystal to at least play with more pride than ye did last week :cool:

wouldn't be hard :(

De Town
10/06/2005, 2:56 PM
wouldn't be hard :(
I know. Ye were absolutely shocking :p We didnt even play that well.

bigmac
10/06/2005, 3:15 PM
I know. Ye were absolutely shocking :p We didnt even play that well.

been shocking all season apparently. haven't been in the country for most of the games but even against Finn Harps back on the first day of the season we were woeful - Murphy made us look a lot better than we were last season. Really miss him now.

A face
12/06/2005, 3:38 PM
Just to bring this up again .... the game was covered very well, better than any games done by TV3 or Setanta .... fair play to TnG4 !! ... great stuff and hope to see more !!

Anto McC
12/06/2005, 4:12 PM
The Shels match against Rovers is also on tele.Setanta Sports are showing it live on Friday night.