PDA

View Full Version : Interesting dicussion

liam88
07/06/2005, 9:19 PM
It it ever worth hiding what you believe to avoid conflict?

holidaysong
07/06/2005, 9:28 PM
Yes

On a night out in Colraine last november Rangers had beaten Celtic in the CIS cup. Anyway lets say some of the songs being sung I found to be a tad racist... Outnumbered 500-1, I decided it was wise to keep my views to myself...

dcfcsteve
07/06/2005, 11:29 PM

Yes. Especially as you could well be wrong....! :eek: :D

The essence of human social structures is the avoidance of conflict, as successfully practised by about 99% of the population. If everyone went round banging on about what they thought all the time, there'd be murders left right and centre.

Macy
08/06/2005, 7:11 AM
If everyone went round banging on about what they thought all the time, there'd be murders left right and centre.
No they wouldn't, you idiot... You always bloody think you're right, you need a good kicking...

:D

patsh
08/06/2005, 7:30 AM
If everyone went round banging on about what they thought all the time, there'd be murders left right and centre.
Is this why forums/MBs provide such a valuable service to mankind?

:p

jofyisgod
08/06/2005, 1:54 PM
Is this why forums/MBs provide such a valuable service to mankind?

:p

Well, we like to think we're civil enough! :D But judging by some of the stuff that ends up in the 'Rubbish' section of this site... :eek:

I have a good trawl there every so often for the comedy value

aido_b
09/06/2005, 12:25 PM
Well, we like to think we're civil enough! :D But judging by some of the stuff that ends up in the 'Rubbish' section of this site... :eek:

I have a good trawl there every so often for the comedy value

Yep im lovin that rubbish section ... its feckin gas!

Troy.McClure
09/06/2005, 12:49 PM
Go on Liam, who are you (going to be) arguing with & whats the topic up for debate :p

anto1208
09/06/2005, 1:03 PM
i would nt go around forcing people to listen to what i think but i have gotten in many a scrape standing up for what i belive in , eg i hate rasisim so recetly when a came across a black woman getting abuse from some dirt bag i stepped in , got a few slaps that day but i felt it was something i should do , you d be amazed at the number of people that stood by and watched the abuse and the voilence with out helping

Drumcondra Red
09/06/2005, 1:15 PM
Its not worth hiding your beliefs, no way, thats what makes people unique!

Gareth
09/06/2005, 1:34 PM
Some people hid their beliefs to be tactful or as not to put your safety at risk. Typical example is the Rangers - Celtic post above. Personally I avoid Celtic conversations with their fans as I find they are liable to murderize me when I say I don't really care if Rangers won the league.

I believe in some crazy things so for example in work I'd keep it under wraps as not to be considered mental :)

Macy
09/06/2005, 1:58 PM
Gareth - ffs :rolleyes:

Any response that is in anyway "auld firm" and it's getting split off and binned.

Gareth
09/06/2005, 2:15 PM
Sorry :)

Macy
09/06/2005, 2:27 PM
Sorry :)
Just try to avoid conflict in future... :D

Gareth
09/06/2005, 2:45 PM
Macy, I have very little substantial opinon for it to be conflict-worthy. :)

pete
09/06/2005, 2:57 PM

I can't answer this as don't want to get into an argument.

Jim Smith
09/06/2005, 4:05 PM
You are wise beyond your years pete. The older I get the fewer opinions I seem to have....

aido_b
09/06/2005, 4:34 PM

This topic is getting more confusing as it goes on! :confused:

the 12 th man
09/06/2005, 4:36 PM
This topic is getting more confusing as it goes on! :confused:

i don't know,thats all i know

aido_b
09/06/2005, 4:58 PM
i don't know,thats all i know

Stop it! Im very easily confused and you shower aint helping! :D