PDA

View Full Version : Morrison Fitness

Metrostars
07/06/2005, 7:23 PM
Am I the only one but whenever he starts, he always looks knackered by the 60th minute and doesnt do much after that? Is he perpetually unfit or is the lack of starting consistantly at club level the cause?

Captain Tinrib
07/06/2005, 8:20 PM
the man is just useless. FULLSTOP

De Town
07/06/2005, 8:23 PM
the man is just useless. FULLSTOP
Without him we might not have got what could turn out to be 2 vital points in Switzerland and Israel.

He works his socks off and I would have him in my current Ireland team.

Captain Tinrib
07/06/2005, 8:26 PM
im my opinion he is useless, and all the birmingham fans would agree. he would have never got into the england side.

De Town
07/06/2005, 8:29 PM
im my opinion he is useless, and all the birmingham fans would agree. he would have never got into the england side.
Yeah, but who in the Ireland team would??

Given
Duff
Roy

Thats about it really. Ireland team is made up of players who work hard for themselves and eachother, we are not a team of superstars.

Anto McC
07/06/2005, 8:31 PM
Give me Stevie Elliot or Kevin Doyle

M@ttitude
07/06/2005, 8:35 PM
Give me Stevie Elliot or Kevin Doyle

Players who have never proven themselves, this time next year you'll probably hate Elliott. Morrisson is doing a good job at present.. Doyle!Give me a break.

Éanna
07/06/2005, 8:39 PM
Players who have never proven themselves, this time next year you'll probably hate Elliott. Morrisson is doing a good job at present.. Doyle!Give me a break.
Morrison hasn't proved himself either IMO, he's never done it at the top level. Doyle is as good as him, with the potential to be better, and a better option for Ireland IMO. just cos you haven't seen enough of him to know....

dynamo kerry
07/06/2005, 8:39 PM
morrison checklist

commitment to the cause: undoubtable
holding up the ball against france/swiss/cyprus/israel: pretty good
bringing othersin to the game: very good
crossing: not bad
goals: 3 so far in qualifying
jumping for headers with arm in the air: consistent

good naturedness: constant

bottom line: clinton never said he was a world beater. He does a good job and is currently worth his place. Elliot may take it off him yet but it remains to be seen. Of the two clinton has a superior history in the championship. As fpr Doyle the same applies but more so.

eirebhoy
07/06/2005, 8:40 PM
Exactly. Connolly had done more than Elliott at that age afair.

dynamo kerry
07/06/2005, 8:43 PM
Exactly. Connolly had done more than Elliott at that age afair.

very true. and was courted by the biggest second tier teams europe had to offer.

best paid player at feyenoord at age 22.

elliot has some way to go and to be fair so does doyle. I widh them well though

Anto McC
07/06/2005, 8:53 PM
Morrison hasn't proved himself either IMO, he's never done it at the top level. Doyle is as good as him, with the potential to be better, and a better option for Ireland IMO. just cos you haven't seen enough of him to know....

I'm in agreement with Eanna here,more than i have ever been before

Éanna
07/06/2005, 9:59 PM
I'm in agreement with Eanna here,more than i have ever been before
:eek: :D

Irish Pride
07/06/2005, 10:04 PM
When Ireland had all those friendlies in 2004 Morrison was really disappointing but he has been a key player in the campain scoring 3 vital goals and he played great against france.

So he is a hardworker and he improved under Kerr. So lets hope he puts a few in the back of the net tomorrow.

onenilgameover
07/06/2005, 10:14 PM
If Morrison gets more than 1 tomorow I'ill eat my hat...the goals are gonna come from elsewhere..I can see the langer getting on the scoresheet............ :eek:

dynamo kerry
07/06/2005, 10:17 PM
If Morrison gets more than 1 tomorow I'ill eat my hat...the goals are gonna come from elsewhere..I can see the langer getting on the scoresheet............ :eek:

this had to be quoted. also anyone unhappy with a striker scoring nearly a goal a game in the qualifiers seriously needs their head examined.

tetsujin1979
08/06/2005, 9:15 AM
In all of the friendlies most of the comments on Morrison were along the lines of "worked hard, didn't get the goal he deserved", "he just needs one", "plenty of chances but couldn't convert". Well he got one against Cyprus, hit the ground running and now that he's remembered where the goal is, he's our second top scorer in the qualifiers and knocked in a superb goal in an otherwise drab affair against China. I'd start him in a heartbeat, you know what you're going to get out of Clinton, I take back anything I said about him when he declared for Ireland.

thejollyrodger
08/06/2005, 9:27 AM
morrison checklist

commitment to the cause: undoubtable
holding up the ball against france/swiss/cyprus/israel: pretty good
bringing othersin to the game: very good
crossing: not bad
goals: 3 so far in qualifying
jumping for headers with arm in the air: consistent

good naturedness: constant

bottom line: clinton never said he was a world beater. He does a good job and is currently worth his place. Elliot may take it off him yet but it remains to be seen. Of the two clinton has a superior history in the championship. As fpr Doyle the same applies but more so.

I totally agree. Give Clint a break.. the fella isnt getting regular first team football and is doing a good job for us. Clint needs a move to a EPL that wont be in a relegation battle and where he can get regular first team football

livehead1
08/06/2005, 10:48 AM
totally love the guy, think hes class and has a lot of potential. hes only young and does deserve to be playing week in week out. he always does well for birmingham when given a run, him and heskey were doing very well upfront till pandiani , who is evidently overrated was brought in. a move to a mediocre premiership team could well be on the cards in the summer. i wouldnt mind seeing him at charlton , he is better than bartlett, lisbie and johannson, none of whom are really up to the premiership

Tipp Townie
08/06/2005, 3:31 PM
totally love the guy, think hes class and has a lot of potential. hes only young and does deserve to be playing week in week out. he always does well for birmingham when given a run, him and heskey were doing very well upfront till pandiani , who is evidently overrated was brought in. a move to a mediocre premiership team could well be on the cards in the summer. i wouldnt mind seeing him at charlton , he is better than bartlett, lisbie and johannson, none of whom are really up to the premiership

Yep, i'm with that. Really like Morrison, tries his arse off and has a pretty good scoring record for us. I'd never say he was a world beater but, and we repeat time and time again, how many of our players actually are, or have ever been? I'd love it, I WOULD LOVE IT if Clinton grabs a couple tonight (stating the obvious i s'pose) :p

stojkovic
08/06/2005, 3:39 PM
best paid player at feyenoord at age 22.

The little fat c#nt was also the best paid player in the Dutch Second Division, one league above the AUL Premier A.

livehead1
08/06/2005, 5:43 PM
ye i read at one point he was the second highest paid player in HOLLAND behind marc overmars,