PDA

View Full Version : Season Review so far........

Roo69
07/06/2005, 4:12 PM
So what do we think lads ? Are you happy with the way it has gone so far ? Ups and Downs ? Players that have stood out ? Who needs to do more ?

Personally i think we have coped extremley well with most of what has thrown in front of us so far. Yeah the season is only 1/3 over but i would say 99% of Bray fans would have thought we would have been struggling a hell of a lot more at this stage. I really think the pre-season fitness strategy has worked wonders for the players.

The thing about it that we have not had much luck either, which will hopefully change as the season goes on.

We really should have maximum taken points from the home Drogs game and at least draws out of the Rovers (away), Derry (home) and Bohs (home) games.

Player of the season so far i reckon would be Wes, Jody has been very good as well. Have been really impressed with the recent form of Tarzan, Collie and McGuinness.

As i said in a previous post, we can defo survive, but a bit more of a work rate is needed, especially when we go in front, we need to try kill teams off instead of trying to defend a 1 nil lead. I reckon we can finish as high as 7th well clear of the relegation battle if we just make a few slight adjustments.

Overall - very happy with the season to date :ball:

superfrank
07/06/2005, 4:20 PM
Haven't been to every match but in the ones I've been to Zayed's been immense for us. I'm thinking of the Waterford and Pats home games. :D

Apart from the obvious shiners (Wes & Jody) I've been really impressed with Robbie Dunne.

I hope it continues, I think we can do well enough to stay up by a fair few points. ;)

One thing that I've been thinking though if we do well in the cup it could hamper our League form, that's what I think.

KR's Post
07/06/2005, 5:04 PM
Well, well, well..... 14 points. If we get 14 points from every series of matches then we will be safe. I think 35 points will be the safe barrier this season, although it could be 30, especially with Rovers being deducted. As Roo said, we could've got points from the Derry, Bohs and Drogs games! We have been terribly un-lucky in some games and referees decisions have gone against us, but i suppose most clubs get that!!!

Player of the year so far has been Pip Keogh. Our defence although playing well for most games, teams who come up against us will fancy scoring as we've only kept 1 clean sheet all season. Team spirit is good and i think Devo will be resonably happy at the start to the season. I mean our pre-season was awful and only going up as the 3rd promoted team, relegation did really stare us in the face. But a respectable 7th place will defo be where we finish!!! As roo said.....