PDA

View Full Version : Avondale! What to expect???

KR's Post
07/06/2005, 2:33 PM
Well lads, we are truly going into the unknown this week. Although i want to win, i'd swap a place in the cup for 3 points against Cork next week. Not going to happen, i know! But i expect us to win comfortably, thats depending what team Devo puts out. In crowes pub before the Ireland game the other day and discussing the match(avondale) a guy overheard me and turned and said '' i'll be on the bench for that one bye'' we discussed Avondale and he thinks they will give us a contest, of course i disagreed... Don't expect many to head down BUT i definetely am. Anybody else going down, make it known. The Bus leaves Superquinn, Castle Street @ 12 Noon! The big decision is where to sit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plenty of seats available or will we invade the Shed....... Don't think the Rebel Army will appreciate that ;) P.S. Im not going to predict because im CRAP at that. :eek:

Roo69
07/06/2005, 2:50 PM
Well lads, we are truly going into the unknown this week. Although i want to win, i'd swap a place in the cup for 3 points against Cork next week. Not going to happen, i know! But i expect us to win comfortably, thats depending what team Devo puts out. In crowes pub before the Ireland game the other day and discussing the match(avondale) a guy overheard me and turned and said '' i'll be on the bench for that one bye'' we discussed Avondale and he thinks they will give us a contest, of course i disagreed... Don't expect many to head down BUT i definetely am. Anybody else going down, make it known. The Bus leaves Superquinn, Castle Street @ 12 Noon! The big decision is where to sit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plenty of seats available or will we invade the Shed....... Don't think the Rebel Army will appreciate that ;) P.S. Im not going to predict because im CRAP at that. :eek:

I won't be making the trip myself due to work commitments. Won't be as easy as you think, they must a fairly decent side to have got this far. Defo not making a prediction myself ! We need to start getting a bit of luck during games and hopefully the stanrderd of reffing is better as well than what we've been getting over the past few weeks.

centre mid
07/06/2005, 7:45 PM
This tie may be tricker than you may expect, if i remember correct avondale gave city a decent game in the munster senior final, and were only knocked out of the intermediate by eventual finalists Rockmount, presume they would have a splaterring of ex-EL players and they have home advantage aswell, they are bound to be up for it aswell and bray may just take their eye off the ball

Devo should give this game the attention it deserves, this cup could be a real chance at silverware!

centre mid
10/06/2005, 9:13 PM
Never mind all that - avondale down to 10 and wes scores - yessssss :)

Rebal Boy
10/06/2005, 10:15 PM
Ye were very lucky to win the game. I was at it. I couldn't make Galway to support my beloved City. Avondale could of been 3-0 up at half tim. Lady luck was with ye today. We'll sort ye out next Friday.

KR's Post
11/06/2005, 9:41 AM
Well lads... 1-0 to the Wanderers. Although we were put under a bit of pressure throughout the game, i thought we were in control and could've easily scored if Avondale had taken 1 of there few chances. Weird being in Turners with such a S-HIT crowd. We had about 35 down, never stopped singing and our heads were thumping. Avondale are a very good side, BUT their keeper getting the MOTM award shows you how much we were on top. The sending off was right as the striker blatantly kicked Jody to the ground off the ball. O'Regan suprisingly had a good game for once, the CHEATING f-ucker. Roll on Round 3, and please Fai give us a home draw, please... :)

Bray Head
11/06/2005, 12:44 PM
Delighted to come home with a win which we deserved over the 90 minutes. Tarzan should have given us the lead in the 1st minute but after that Avondale should have been ahead at half time. We controlled the second half and their keeper was brilliant and well deserved the man of the match award. The pitch in Turners Cross has improved greatly since we were down there on Good Friday.

Stevo Da Gull
11/06/2005, 11:33 PM
Ye were very lucky to win the game. I was at it. I couldn't make Galway to support my beloved City. Avondale could of been 3-0 up at half tim. Lady luck was with ye today. We'll sort ye out next Friday.

I unfortunately could'nt make it to the game but I believe it was a close run thing alrite, a few newspaper reports suggest lady luck was with Cork as well against Galway ;) , hopefully we have plenty of it and you's have none next Friday. Perhaps a few quid on Derry to win the cup :cool: .

razor
13/06/2005, 9:33 AM
Didn't arrive til HT, but I believe Avondale hit the post in the first half twice.
Having to play the last 30 minutes with was always going to be an uphill task.
Spratty wrongly retaliated after receiving an elbow from Lynch off the ball, he was causing the Bray defence a few problems before that.
Avondale had an big shout early in the second half for a penalty although it probably would have been harsh. Bray probably were on top in the 2nd half but didnt look half the team that got a draw here earlier on. O'Shea did have a stormer in goal and deserved MOTM. Poor enough crowd overall.