Athlone v Longford 19:45
Galway v Cobh 19:45
Cabo v Wexford 19:45

Saturday 26th

Shamrock Rovers ii v UCD 15:00

redobit
23/09/2020, 11:53 AM
Some nice 6 pointers this weekend.

Waterford V Sligo Rovers in the race for 4th and a possible Europa spot.

Harps V Cork to avoid the auto relegation spot.

Bray V Drogheda for the FD and auto promotion.

sbgawa
23/09/2020, 12:00 PM
If Dundalk beat Sheriff on Thursday and are playing Dinamo Tiblisi (probably) for a place in the group stages on the following Thursday they might field a weakened side against Rovers even though winning would cut the gap to 6 points (if they win their games in hand).....but EL is mega millions.......priorities?
Bradser had the same conundrum last year in the match last year where Dundalk won the title but chose to play a full strength team even though we had Bohs in the cup semi final later that week.
I did'nt agree with him then, how would Dundalk fans feel about that?

Harps v Cork is the match of the weekend for me.....if Cork lose i think they are down , and i cant see any of the first division teams beating Harps in a playoff (assuming Shels or Pats dont get overhauled)

Yossarian
23/09/2020, 12:05 PM
If Dundalk beat Sheriff on Thursday and are playing Dinamo Tiblisi (probably) for a place in the group stages on the following Thursday they might field a weakened side against Rovers.
Bradser had the same conundrum last year in the match last year where Dundalk won the title but chose to play a full strength team even though we had Bohs in the cup semi final later that week.
I did'nt agree with him then, how would Dundalk fans feel about that?

If we beat Sheriff then I think we should rest a couple of our more important players. The league is gone and I think we should be able to finish in the European spots. The potential play off game would become a huge game and the most important we’ve played in a while so I think everything should be focused on getting through that if we win tomorrow.

Nesta99
23/09/2020, 2:43 PM
Its always a hard one to decide. If we perfrom against Sheriff, win, then I would field the strongest team possible. Assuming it can be pulled back to withing 6 points, its one of those dangerous leads where one almost freak slip ups and yer potentially withing striking distance with a few games to go. It nearly easier to chase than keep out in front. GD is the fly in the ointment as whatever about dropping another 3 points after a poetential loss to Dundalk, I cant see it being much more than a single off day type thing. And of course Dundalk have to win every game. The title is done and dusted but Id like to see at least some pressure applied. I also tend to think, within reason, that players are better when games are coming think and fast rather than get stale by sitting out games. Momentum is everything!

Ezeikial
23/09/2020, 4:32 PM
It would be a brilliant conundrum to have.

In the scenario outlined, I'd imagine that the decision on those who start on Thursday would be based on fitness and recovery - but the squad is plenty big enough to replace most starters if required. In many ways getting more game time for players like Daniel Kelly, Nathan Oduwa, John Mountney, Jordan Flores, Aaron McCarey, Cameron Dummigan, Daniel Cleary and Patrick Hoban or Dave McMillan would actually be he most important consideration if a play off is looming

Calcio Jack
25/09/2020, 12:57 PM
Dundalk have requested that this Sunday’s game be postponed

Mr A
25/09/2020, 1:41 PM
FFS. Joke league were the richest teams can't play twice a week like virtually every other league in Europe.

Yossarian
25/09/2020, 1:55 PM

While I think the club have every right to request the postponement, it doesn’t necessarily mean it will be granted. If it’s not I think Dundalk will have no choice but to rest players after a gruelling 120 minutes last night and a huge game next Thursday.
I saw an article on RTÉ showing Dundalk’s potential fixtures should we get to the group stage and it would be fairly packed. I don’t even know where a refixed game with Rovers would be played so for that reason I don’t think the game will be postponed.

Nesta99
25/09/2020, 2:15 PM

Meh...it was always worth asking. Priorities change and its been suggested that reserves/youths will play SRFC. I disagree wih this in general but I undertand it.

hoopy
25/09/2020, 3:00 PM
Rovers played Juventus on the Thursday night, got home early hours Friday morning, then beat Bohs on the Sunday lunchtime.

DCWA
25/09/2020, 3:27 PM
Surely won’t be postponed. No way a full time team shouldn’t be able to play Thursday-Sunday-Thursday. Common practice for any team in the Europa League.

joey B
25/09/2020, 6:50 PM
These 2 kits are a disaster,badly clashing on this stream...

refjohn
25/09/2020, 6:57 PM

Indeed a hard watch

nigel-harps1954
25/09/2020, 7:03 PM
Watched about five minutes and had to turn it off such was the clash of colours.

Yossarian
25/09/2020, 7:12 PM
It’s terrible. I thought a Bohs attacker played it straight to a Derry defender there who then appeared to cross it into his own box. Completely confusing.

Scrufil
25/09/2020, 7:14 PM
Even if the ref got Bohs to change their togs it would be better. Not great if a person is colour blind. Bad decision by the Ref to have so similiar kits when the game is being filmed.

TonyD
25/09/2020, 7:21 PM

I can't believe the two kits were allowed. Nonsense. Why can't Derry wear their red and white ? And why the hell are Bohs wearing a change strip at home ? When I think of the antics of Anthony Buttimer in the past, making teams change for alleged clashes that were nowhere near as bad as this.

Yossarian
25/09/2020, 7:38 PM
Bohs changing to white jerseys in the second half apparently. A bit of sense that should’ve been there at the start.

D24Saint
25/09/2020, 7:39 PM
Bohs changing to white jerseys in the second half apparently. A bit of sense that should’ve been there at the start.

I know , you would wonder what goes on on in these refs heads at time’s.

Scrufil
25/09/2020, 7:48 PM
Mic left open there. Where can we get the best pint of guinness did he say?

joey B
25/09/2020, 7:51 PM
The ****ing ref would'nt let them change ha!

Scrufil
25/09/2020, 7:55 PM
Hope Ref assessor docks him any more games this season. Bloody Hitler!

Yossarian
25/09/2020, 7:55 PM
The ****ing ref would'nt let them change ha!

That’s unbelievable but actually believable. You’d despair at the refs we have.

pineapple stu
25/09/2020, 8:00 PM
Anyone got a screenshot of the kits (or is there a photo online)?

pineapple stu
25/09/2020, 8:19 PM
Cabo falling apart lately. Won 6 of their first 7 games. Now 4-1 down at home to Wexford en route to losing 5 of the next 7. Dunno what's happened there

Scrufil
25/09/2020, 8:25 PM
Maybe that is the Dublin club Mandariou (or however you spell it) is heading to!

placid casual
25/09/2020, 8:35 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a more inept performance from a referee than this gob€hite Connolly in the bohs derry game. I was involved with a schoolboy team for 12 years and honestly the refs I dealt with were of a higher standard. Its a scandal that people like this guy have an influence over the success or otherwise of essentially full time teams.

Longfordian
25/09/2020, 8:38 PM
Cabo falling apart lately. Won 6 of their first 7 games. Now 4-1 down at home to Wexford en route to losing 5 of the next 7. Dunno what's happened there

5-1 now. I was coming on to ask if anyone else had any idea what has happened to them.

Scrufil
25/09/2020, 8:42 PM
Derry mucked themselves up.

SeanDrog
25/09/2020, 9:00 PM
Recent weeks Drogs beat Cabbo (b4 their implosion), UCD, Bray and drew away to Longford - Now four games to go - is this the year !

Long way from being over yet but can’t help getting very hopeful now.

ger121
25/09/2020, 9:02 PM
When it’s good, it’s good.

lofty9
25/09/2020, 9:26 PM
When it’s good, it’s good.

Enjoy. Somehow happier losing to goals in 94th and 95th mins than I’ve been watching the muck served up by Derry in past few months. Deserved the win, positive play and performance.

DCSIL
25/09/2020, 9:34 PM
Enjoy. Somehow happier losing to goals in 94th and 95th mins than I’ve been watching the muck served up by Derry in past few months. Deserved the win, positive play and performance.

Least we scored a goal. Not seen any of it yet though...

CorribsideSteve
25/09/2020, 9:38 PM
Some turnaround by Bohemians. The abymsmal quality of internet in Galway City meant that the stream died out on 81 minutes, and didn't come back before the end of the match. From what I did see, it seemed unlikely they would even get a draw.

joey B
25/09/2020, 9:52 PM
Some turnaround by Bohemians. The abymsmal quality of internet in Galway City meant that the stream died out on 81 minutes, and didn't come back before the end of the match. From what I did see, it seemed unlikely they would even get a draw.

Its a miserable experience trying to watch the streams sometimes, I can watch Premier league and NFL no bother at all on the laptop but WATCH LOI constantly sticks and buffers on me......

Kiki Balboa
26/09/2020, 6:00 PM
That is not a bad Waterford team.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
26/09/2020, 6:08 PM
We were good for a few weeks after the lockdown ended but now we’re back to being ****e.

Martinho II
26/09/2020, 7:00 PM
Heard in Lissywoolen last night that there are behind the scene probs at Cabinteely. Think its something to do with Pat Devlin?How on earth would they manage if they went up?

joey B
26/09/2020, 7:26 PM
Chris Forrester scored a cracker there first half ,its a shame he can't show his undoubted ability more often...........

D24Saint
26/09/2020, 7:30 PM
Chris Forrester scored a cracker there first half ,its a shame he can't show his undoubted ability more often...........

It was a lovely goal hallelujah ! We have played well overall but have to maintain it in the second half. There was a thing at half time about floodlights going off , who organised it. I took it as suicide prevention campaign on first look.

sbgawa
26/09/2020, 8:00 PM
Derry must be kicking themselves they were a couple of minutes away from being a point off a euro place (proabaly) and seeing pats win and shoot up the table just rubs salt in.

D24Saint
26/09/2020, 9:12 PM
Delighted with that win. The performance was a vast improvement from our recent games. I think if we can avoid defeat against Cork & Harps then we will be ok for a mid stable spot. If Dundalk want Georgie Kelly back for their fixture back log then they are more than welcome. The best performances tonight came from Forester & Benson id give Benson man of the match.

joey B
26/09/2020, 9:16 PM
Shelbourne look the team ourselves and Cork will be aiming for to avoid the bottom 2,needless to say tomorrows game will go a long way to seeing if its possible.......

placid casual
27/09/2020, 8:59 AM
Hopefully a decent game tonight between Rovers and dundalk, irrespective of the starting line ups.
A win for Rovers should cement the title, but a draw wouldn't change much.
It's a Rovers team expecting to win tonight which should bode well for an open game. dundalk are hardly going to sit back. Shields Vs Byrne again and whomever wins that battle will probably determine the result.

If cork lose tonight they will drop through the trapdoor, and may never return, in their current guise anyway.

Nesta99
27/09/2020, 9:25 AM
Will Fenn be given an almost indefinite opportunity to rebuild even if relegated or is he likely to be on notice if relegated. It will be financially damaging to the club if relegated even if crowds were allowed back at games. It seemed to be the strong attendances that boosted Corks financial clout but if in the 1st Division? They will still have the largest average support in the division but its an ever decreasing circle situation and tbh the 1st Division has no shortage of seasoned promotion battlers currently so no easy task in bouncing back. How do you get out of it unless a manager shows that rebuildng on a budget is something they can do - and Fenn hasnt shown anything special in that regard yet. Or an injection of money to buy out of the cycle, and Cork are prudent on that, bar giving in to Caulfields demands which kicked off the slide and not likely to be repeated.

From double winners to foot of the table in a few season - should ground supporters who gloat to the extreme when top of the heap as clubs may not be too far from a fall off the perch!

pineapple stu
27/09/2020, 10:03 AM
They will still have the largest average support in the division
Well, largest average support is no use if all the games are behind closed doors. Will that be lifted by the start of next season? It's still six months away, but the signs aren't great.

I know I've said before that there's no point singling out any club for trouble in the covid period, but Cork are losing out on more than most (high gate receipts and ancillary match income, and no European money to tide things along), so they can't be in a good place at the moment.

CorribsideSteve
27/09/2020, 4:45 PM
Shocking miss from the Cork forward there. Great chance missed.

DCSIL
27/09/2020, 5:18 PM
McGinley is a quality keeper. Cork should have been a couple of goals up

CorribsideSteve
27/09/2020, 5:23 PM
Yeah, I agree. Made a cracking save in the 1st half. Cork just gone 1 up now. Deservedly so.