PDA

View Full Version : Murphy going to ring the changes?

Citymark
14/03/2002, 10:28 AM
From Sports.com

Some of our lads looked a little leg weary out there in the second-half and I think what has been a long, hard season has finally taken its toll. We have nothing to lose now against UCD on Sunday and we may well blood one or two new faces."

Maybe if Gunter had held on to some of the grafters ie Flanagan & Herrick, it would have given some sort of backbone to the team.
Does anybody know what 'new faces' he will blood, considering how many new and young players he blooded so far?

No Europe for the 1st time in 7 years.....things are getting bad.
No extra revenue will mean no new faces!

Schumi
14/03/2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Citymark
No Europe for the 1st time in 7 years.....things are getting bad.
No extra revenue will mean no new faces!

Am I right in thinking that the Inter-toto cup cost Cork money last year?

Ooh look, 200 posts!

pete
14/03/2002, 11:00 AM
City haven't had a league game for weeks. How could the lads be tired????? Stop digging Liam......!!!

City might have broke even on the inter-toto trip. Sure didn't they charge some of the fans that travelled over for a seat back on the chartered plane?

:(

Neil
14/03/2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Schumi
Am I right in thinking that the Inter-toto cup cost Cork money last year?

Well when Noel O'Mahoney brings half the staff of O'Mahoney Packaging on a Freebie Holiday it's gonna be hard to break even.

James
14/03/2002, 1:21 PM
ah neil in all fairness twas only about 20 or so from O'Mahony packaging, and at least 2 that I had spoken too knew there was a game of soccer on.
With 1 person also able to name 1 of the 2 teams playing.

ease up there a bit neil

niamh
14/03/2002, 1:26 PM
Twill be interesting to see what new blood, if any, will appear...

But no Europe for the first time in seven years is significant.