Doyle, Fenn

Crowd: 3500+

Poor Student
06/06/2005, 7:51 PM
At least Doyle is going out in style.

De Town
06/06/2005, 7:56 PM
At least Doyle is going out in style.
It would be nice for him to get a hattrick :)

Poor Student
06/06/2005, 7:58 PM
There's no commentary for this one on the net is there Pete?

pete
06/06/2005, 8:03 PM
There's no commentary for this one on the net is there Pete?

No commentary, just me... i.e. rte.ie + livescore.com ;)

Doyle is no doubt showing his professioanlism not being distracted by all the attention in recent days.

He looking at 7 league goals in 10 games. Probably approx 12-13 goals in 20 league games as a forward for City over end of last seaosn & start of this year.
4 U-21 goals in 10 games.

When now see Championship clubs basically queueing up for makee me gutted losing him for little cash. :(

Poor Student
06/06/2005, 8:25 PM
Full time. Cheers Cork. Keep Harps down there. :D

pete
06/06/2005, 8:32 PM
2-0 FT.

4 points clear, Shels 5 behind.

shedite
06/06/2005, 8:35 PM
I wanna scream!!!! Brilliant result! That's the kind of game a few years back, with City having a chance to open up a nice lead on top of the league, that they woul dhave messed up and got a draw. Rico's got the discipline. And the results.

"We shall not, we shall not be moved,
We shall not, we shall not be moved,
Coz we, are on top of the league,
We shall not be moved"

:D :D :D

Rebal Boy
06/06/2005, 9:10 PM
Great result for City tonight. :) Doyler played great and scored 2 great goals. Its a shame he's leaving, but we just have to get on with it. I was disappionted with the 2nd half display. I felt City should of went on to win 4 or 5-0 against a poor Finn Harps team. Anyway I don't care as long as we got the 3pts. :) COME AND GET US SHELS! :p Roll on Galway. Hopfully we will have yet another huge following up there. :) COME ON CITY! :)

yan
06/06/2005, 9:13 PM
delighted for dolyer,

sore throat after the chorus upon chorus of super kevin doyler!!!

adamcarr
06/06/2005, 9:24 PM
Much much more than that!

A face
06/06/2005, 11:25 PM

Not a prayer ... that figure didn't come from the game, that is scarey ... where did you get that figure Pete ??

There was about 5,500 - 6,000 there, probably more, but best round down.

dcnags
06/06/2005, 11:51 PM
Both stands were full, shed was pretty full and st annes looked maybe 1/2 or even 2/3 full?

Decent atmosphere during the game and i was delighted the drums were back, one of these days i'm going to 'sit on an empty carton of chips and curry for the cork city' but i'm sure it'll be worth it. Glad doyler had a good send off from the crowd and he deserved it, took his goals well also.

Everybody is playing decent to well, nobody should be criticised tonight, the team had a comfortable win although we should have come out in the second half and ended it with a 3rd. I thought finn harps might nick one. We spread the ball very well, even it was against a finn harps team who WILL finish last. The sending off didn't help them but can't see them doing well at all this year.

Its a great feeling going to bed looking down on everybody from up here, top of the league i mean........ :D :)

Fair_play_boy
07/06/2005, 12:47 AM
A few points about tonight.
1. I have never heard the shed in better voice. Ever. In the second half, there was one spell of 26 minutes when the singing never stopped, even for a second. When ye sang SuperKev after Doyler was taken off, the guy was really emotional, and kept waving down at ye. Did ye notice? I swear I had a lump in my throat.
2. I did not hear one cross word or gesture from anybody about Doyler's departure. Everyone I spoke with seems so happy for the guy. I can not imagine a more supportive crowd. It must be really fulfilling for the guy to be leaving in such a positive light. I hope that Reading realise the treasure that they are getting.
3. Doyler hung around for ages after the game, shaking hands and signing autographs. What a genuinely good guy. I wish him the best, and count it as a privilege that I was able to see him playing.

razor
07/06/2005, 7:47 AM
Fair Play to young Kevin, he looked our most dangerous player by a country mile last night and the only one who looked likely to score.
We really went at Harps in the 1st half and when their keeper made some great saves I was wondering was it going to be another one of those nights. But when we went in 2up it was fully deserved.
George had a quiet first half, and a non existant 2nd. He won't get picked for Ireland on last nights performance. Credit to Gamble gave his all last night, O'Donovan looked very dangerous in the first half but again faded in the 2nd.
I thought our 2nd half performance left a lot to be desired and I know the 3 points is all important but we really need to put teams like Harps away convincingly.

patsh
07/06/2005, 8:49 AM
Fair Play to young Kevin, he looked our most dangerous player by a country mile last night and the only one who looked likely to score.
We really went at Harps in the 1st half and when their keeper made some great saves I was wondering was it going to be another one of those nights. But when we went in 2up it was fully deserved.
George had a quiet first half, and a non existant 2nd. He won't get picked for Ireland on last nights performance. Credit to Gamble gave his all last night, O'Donovan looked very dangerous in the first half but again faded in the 2nd.
I thought our 2nd half performance left a lot to be desired and I know the 3 points is all important but we really need to put teams like Harps away convincingly.
Fair points, but though we eased up in the second half, we never looked like we were going to lose a goal. A professional performance is how it would be described! We played well within ourselves.

We are top for at least 3 more weeks, have a good chance to go into the 3rd round of the cup, possibly getting in a few new players in the next few weeks, so all in all a great period for City, so the pressure is off the players, they need to just keep the head down and keep plugging away.

razor
07/06/2005, 12:40 PM
Fair points, but though we eased up in the second half, we never looked like we were going to lose a goal. A professional performance is how it would be described! We played well within ourselves.
There were a few times in the 2nd half when I thought if we concede now we could be under some pressure for the remainder of the game. I mean they looked more than comfortable at times in the 2nd half with 10 men.
I thought Doyle dived to get yer man sent off, everyone around me thought the same and against 11 men we could have really been up against it.
I kept telling myself at the end that the 3 points is all that matters but I still left feeling disappointed after watching the 2nd half.

Mr_T
07/06/2005, 3:05 PM
I thought Cork were very very good in the first half, and the best team, esp in midfield that I've seen (us lose to :rolleyes: ) in the Premier so far. But the sending off had a huge influence on the game, in terms of affecting our chances of containing yous. If we'd made it to HT intact I'd have fancied our chances of getting something.

We did well to hang on for a while after the red card with great performances from Luca and Cullen in goal, but the goal was inevitable and Doyle took his chances very very well, like the form striker he is. Why couldn't ya have sold him a week earlier!

Thought we did much better second half and showed good spirit to get more into the game, even though Cork had the foot off the pedal at that stage, but we could easily have collapsed and tanked a hammering.

Was impressed with the Cork set-up, attendance (I've have said well over 4,500, not knowing the ground, maybe more) and atmosphere from shed. Not impressed with the referee (aside from the red card he gave everything to the home side, gave us one free kick in the opening 45 minutes) or your silly and pedantic stewards, who managed to make a huge meal of stewarding approximately 10 away fans including 3 pensioners, with whom they seemed to have particular trouble!!!???

Championship heading south this year I reckon.

TG

Éanna
07/06/2005, 3:19 PM
I thought Cork were very very good in the first half, and the best team, esp in midfield that I've seen (us lose to :rolleyes: ) in the Premier so far. But the sending off had a huge influence on the game, in terms of affecting our chances of containing yous. If we'd made it to HT intact I'd have fancied our chances of getting something.

We did well to hang on for a while after the red card with great performances from Luca and Cullen in goal, but the goal was inevitable and Doyle took his chances very very well, like the form striker he is. Why couldn't ya have sold him a week earlier!

Thought we did much better second half and showed good spirit to get more into the game, even though Cork had the foot off the pedal at that stage, but we could easily have collapsed and tanked a hammering.

Was impressed with the Cork set-up, attendance (I've have said well over 4,500, not knowing the ground, maybe more) and atmosphere from shed. Not impressed with the referee (aside from the red card he gave everything to the home side, gave us one free kick in the opening 45 minutes) or your silly and pedantic stewards, who managed to make a huge meal of stewarding approximately 10 away fans including 3 pensioners, with whom they seemed to have particular trouble!!!???

TG
cheers mr t, really hope you lot stay up

Colm
07/06/2005, 7:45 PM
your silly and pedantic stewards, who managed to make a huge meal of stewarding approximately 10 away fans including 3 pensioners, with whom they seemed to have particular trouble!!!???

Some of them are a disgrace alright.
They work for JD security and do a lot of the nightclubs around the City, unfortunately some of them seem to think they can act the same way at a football match as they do at a nightclub. They'd seriously want to cop on soon alright because they've been p!ssing off a lot of City fans and away fans this season.

Counting Crow
07/06/2005, 9:31 PM

TG

Thanks for the nice comments Mr T. Agree with that the ref was a bit of a home towner (I thank God I was actually in attendance to finally see a Dublin ref give us all the breaks - marked my program for posterity sake).

George is the best midfielder in the country BAR NONE.
Gamble is our rottwieler
Colin is our engine ....
and Roy O'Donovan will be our new cult hero IMO. And is that the best left winger was on the bench with a minor injury.......what a midfield.

Thought ye played well in the second half and Cullen was very good in goal making at least 3 top class saves.

Papers said 5,500 at the game - which I would agree with.

Good enough atmosphere but could have been (and has been) better. Still we're starting to get back together as a unit on the terrace and will be rocking by the time Bohs hit town in a few weeks

All silverware heading to the country this year!!! :D ;)

harry crumb
07/06/2005, 9:41 PM
Who needs prozac when you can read Counting Crow's posts. :D