PDA

View Full Version : Live Aid 8 tickets lottery lottery

liam88
06/06/2005, 5:44 PM
Anyone entered? the first £1.5 million raised goes to the Prince's Trust in place T in the Park revenue so all for a good cause :D Sent in a few!

liam88
06/06/2005, 5:49 PM
Sorry title obv. meant to be "Live 8" not "Live Aid 8"......if the atmosphere is half as good as the London Trade Justice protest/vigil it will be amazing and it's set to be 10 times better! Hope I get a ticket :D

onenilgameover
06/06/2005, 10:37 PM
Yeah goin in for the draw myself...Why not? Fingers crossed...Although Bob is on my bad boy list...His trying to keep Phantom fm off the air...

jofyisgod
07/06/2005, 6:42 AM
TBH, i could think of better situations to see those bands. As it is a lottery, the place is gonna be full of idiots, ie/chavs. The line-up is hardly awe-inspiring, other than Coldplay and U2 in Hyde Park. Elton John?? :rolleyes:

Geldof is in past his depth with these new events. The planning is shít, and this will end with problems, both trivial and serious..

Still, good luck with it Liam and others trying.

Armando
07/06/2005, 4:11 PM
I thought Irish mobile phones :confused: couldn't enter?

REVIP
07/06/2005, 5:30 PM
Hope you guys are joining the Dublin demo.

6.30 pm 30th June at Parnell Square - marching to Merrion Square - 5,000 expected.

patsh
08/06/2005, 7:28 AM
I don't want to sound cynical, or belittle the amazing efforts that Geldof and others have put in over the years, but what is the point of all this?

A few thousand well-fed, well-clothed, beered up first worlders get to feel good about themselves while listening to bands who feel good about themselves, because they are all DOING SOMETHING together?

The time for concerts is long over.

Eire06
08/06/2005, 8:04 AM
I thought Irish mobile phones :confused: couldn't enter?
We can't as far as I know :(