PDA

View Full Version : Clebrated win over $hel$ with Rovers fans in Spain

Counting Crow
06/06/2005, 3:56 PM
Was on holidays last week and had the best night last Monday with 3 Rovers fans and a Bohs fan clebrating our momentous win against $hel$.

It's only when you sit down a have a few pints with them that you understand how much rivalry there is between them and "Ollie's hitmen". They hate them. Good blokes though and we had a blast - they were City fans for one night.

It was fantastic to be getting the updates via txt messages (if not unbelievably nerveracking) and seeing the game develope - thanks corner for the updates - celebrated well into the night with loads of San Miguel.

Looking forward to tonight and some live football again.

BTW - a Limerick fan wanted to buy my new City Away jersey off me. He thought it was the best looking shirt he'd seen - he wanted it for his pub in Malaga, I think????? :rolleyes:

Wouldn't part with it as it's gonna be my Championship shirt for 2005!

shedite
06/06/2005, 4:09 PM
Yeah now you know how we feel for EVERY game!!!

It's a lot better this year though. I generally finish work about 4.45 on days when City are playing so for the last two hours it's aertel and refresh for me.

EnDai
06/06/2005, 4:22 PM
Aertel doesn't update fast enough! :D The online Sky Sports centre does EL scores when they're playing :cool: :)