PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Home form

pete
13/03/2002, 5:35 PM
Since we beat Galway 4-0 at home in early december in 7 home league 8 fai cups games we have:

- scored 1 goal.
- lost 7!!!!!
- 4 points from possible 24 in the league.

Thats even poor relegation form.

Even home game v Monaghan could be a tough one at this rate.

At this rate we could be lucky to finish in the top half of the table. Its not impossible for us to finish 8th!!!

I'll leave some other stato to do the overall form in 2002.

:( :(

joe
14/03/2002, 11:43 AM
80 minutes of possibly the worst football on the planet, followed by the visiting team grabbing a late goal (which inevitably turns out to be the winner), leading to frantic action (ie even more hoofing than usual) in the closing stages

pete
14/03/2002, 11:48 AM
I think our form since early december has been terrible overall. Our away form isn't so bad but thats mainly because played teams at the bottom half of the league but also drew away with monaghan & longford.

Only games we've won in last 13 games since december were derry, bray & galway.

patsh
14/03/2002, 1:18 PM
What can be done about this ?
Whatever you think about LM, I'm pretty sure he does not send out the team to lose. If you look at the home games this season, City were no better or worse than most of the teams played.
LM's problem is that he does not seem to be able to get the team playing decent football, is unable to raise the morale of the club and does not have the know how to change things for the better in a game.
Hmmm... all the things you need to be a manager.. :confused:
Rovers were a shambles yesterday, and I really think that City were the better side, yet we lose again.
The lack of goals at the X is f*cking freaky!
It is time for a change...
Eoin Hand, anyone?.. :(

niamh
14/03/2002, 1:29 PM
Rovers and City are in a shambles at the moment and look who can out on top. Stats speak for themselves and there are exactly flattering for City at the minute.

How's Murphy doing since he took over in the whole games won, lost and draw thing for those statos out there?

pete
14/03/2002, 2:01 PM
Originally posted by niamh
How's Murphy doing since he took over in the whole games won, lost and draw thing for those statos out there?

Gunthers first game was v Bohs away last season so:

League Record:
67 points from 38 games - works out at 58 points in standard season. 58 pts would have got 3rd place last season. Not a bad league record overall but if worked out same figures in dec 2001 would have outstanding record. All downhill since........
Won: 20
Drew: 7
Lost 11
For: 59
Against: 41

Fai Cup:
Lost 1

League Cup
Won 1 Lost 1

Euro:
Lost 2

Overall
played 43
won 21
drew 7
lost 15
for 62
against 46

Do I get a prize...?

James
14/03/2002, 2:04 PM
yea u win the foot.ie anorak, nice one pete good too see someones else is being as productive as i at work today

pete
14/03/2002, 2:18 PM
Originally posted by James
yea u win the foot.ie anorak, nice one pete good too see someones else is being as productive as i at work today

This my first cushy \days in weeks. Just catching up on "things". ;)

btw if you looking Adam I think theres a niche out there for an anorak section. :D

Éanna
14/03/2002, 2:27 PM
murphy's record is only boosted by one excellent run at the end of last season. 90% of the time when a new man comes in, results improve temporarily- tht does not equal a solution, something the board failed to realise when they committed a contractual error bordering on the "colin-murphyesque" giving that fool a new contract.

niamh
15/03/2002, 9:56 AM
Despite everything his record ain't that bad yet...

Éanna
15/03/2002, 12:31 PM
how many games did we win at the end of last season? it was 7 or 8 at least, subtract that from the record and its appalling.

pete
15/03/2002, 1:06 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
how many games did we win at the end of last season? it was 7 or 8 at least, subtract that from the record and its appalling.

Yes we won 7 out of 8 games at end of last season.

Subtract them & you get this season???

:rolleyes:

Éanna
16/03/2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by pete
Yes we won 7 out of 8 games at end of last season.

Subtract them & you get this season???

14 wins in 35 games- not exactly convincing.

ccfcman
17/03/2002, 12:39 PM
look city are s*ite and thats that