PDA

View Full Version : RTE audio commentary

mjpcc
06/06/2005, 2:08 PM
The commentry from RTE Radio was bizarre. The two muppets doing it talked for five minutes about anything but the game with twenty minutes to go. I could hear the crowd in the background, and the whistle going a few times but had no idea what was going on on the pitch.

Anyone else suffer through it... :(

tonycuna
06/06/2005, 2:15 PM
Me :(

It's the only way I can follow our match

You're right.. and they stopped a registered interview with Robbie, coz the teams went onto the pitch :p

I suffered very very much on sat, and it'll be the same on wed and next matches. Everything to follow Ireland! :ball:

strangeirish
06/06/2005, 2:56 PM
Listened to the BBC. Good stuff I thought. They kept up with the play really well. When O'Brien got sent off, they went ballistic, as did everyone else. They had some harsh words for that gimp of a ref. All to painful to relive though :mad:

geysir
06/06/2005, 3:25 PM
Me :(

It's the only way I can follow our match

You're right.. and they stopped a registered interview with Robbie, coz the teams went onto the pitch :p

I suffered very very much on sat, and it'll be the same on wed and next matches. Everything to follow Ireland! :ball:

I listened to the Macadonia game (1-1) on Rte radio. The commentary was torture with no relief and ended with an electric shock leaving you lost in space. Never again, I would move to the South Pole to avoid that. Then again the televised picture was probably visual torture.
If it has to be radio then the
BBC R5 definitly a better option if the Irish game has priority.

How come RTE commentary is your only way? You must be on a lonely part of the planet if you live outside a 30 min. journey to a pub showing football. Is Turin a no go area for Sky satellite reception?
How do you receive Rte?

tonycuna
06/06/2005, 5:31 PM
How come RTE commentary is your only way? You must be on a lonely part of the planet if you live outside a 30 min. journey to a pub showing football. Is Turin a no go area for Sky satellite reception?
How do you receive Rte?

In Turin there are irish pubs (real or not), and there's no problem with sky, but I don't see irish matches at all :(

I listen to RTE on internet ;)

geysir
06/06/2005, 11:07 PM
In Turin there are irish pubs (real or not), and there's no problem with sky, but I don't see irish matches at all :(

I listen to RTE on internet ;)

Is it that the "Irish pubs" choose not to show the Irish games that are on sky sports, or you choose not to go there?

onenilgameover
07/06/2005, 2:08 AM
Seen a few lads listening to the comentary in one ear while at the match itself...Anyone on here do the same thing? was wondering if it adds to the whole thing or takes away from the atmosphere?????

What do people reckon?

tonycuna
07/06/2005, 9:26 AM
Is it that the "Irish pubs" choose not to show the Irish games that are on sky sports, or you choose not to go there?

To show the Irish games, there's need of the british Sky.. Here, with the italian Sky, we can't see what you see over there :(

But yesterday I made a call to an Irish pub near me, and they told me they have british Sky and they show Irish matches! :p Wonderful, from Wed I'll be back to see an Irish match since WC2002 ;) :ball: :)

geysir
07/06/2005, 1:27 PM
To show the Irish games, there's need of the british Sky.. Here, with the italian Sky, we can't see what you see over there :(

But yesterday I made a call to an Irish pub near me, and they told me they have british Sky and they show Irish matches! :p Wonderful, from Wed I'll be back to see an Irish match since WC2002 ;) :ball: :)

Good news, enjoy yourself.

Noelys Guitar
07/06/2005, 3:07 PM
Just had a hernia op on Thursday so had to listen to RTE radio commentary. It was a disgrace. They gave no indictation of how the play was going. You couldn't tell which team was attacking or defending. Only the noise of the crowd (which they had turned down!) told you what is going on. Never again. And then the jokey nature of it all made me want to throw the radio out the window!