Galway v Shamrock Rovers ii 19:45
Cabo v Athlone 19:45
Wexford v Bray 19:45

Saturday 12th
Cobh v UCD 19:00
Longford v Drogs 19:30

sbgawa
10/09/2020, 11:06 AM
Chance for Bohs and Dundalk to put the pressure on Rovers who dont play until the next day.
Pats sligo has a look of season defining for both clubs with so few games to go and both on very different but consistant curves.

First division becoming very entertaining, can Galway make a late run

DCSIL
10/09/2020, 11:42 AM
Harps players getting their pets to test their tackles on Meite and Hammill for Sunday's Derby in the Bog.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1240624478792683522

Scrufil
10/09/2020, 12:02 PM
Can't get over the laughter by yer wan while himself comes to the rescue. Priceless.

Mr A
10/09/2020, 12:46 PM
Harps players getting their pets to test their tackles on Meite and Hammill for Sunday's Derby in the Bog.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1240624478792683522

May as well throw in the tackles, we'll get the cards either way

pineapple stu
10/09/2020, 12:53 PM
You won't know unless you give it a try

sbgawa
11/09/2020, 8:40 AM
Bohs and dundalk should both win tonight but the performances of Waterford and shels have been up and down to the point where any result is possible.
Sheridan leaving the pub league to go off and manage Wigan after tonight's match.
Finish with a win and he can head off with Waterford in a decent position

D24Saint
11/09/2020, 9:53 AM
Not looking forward to Saturday at all. The tables have turned since our last meeting with Sligo on a wet night in the showgrounds. This a huge game and I'm not confident going into it at all. Our season is going down the tubes very fast and I'm not sure SOD has the experience to rescue it. We have a couple of very important games ahead this one , Derry, Harps, Cork those will define 2020 for us.

sbgawa
11/09/2020, 12:27 PM
Not looking forward to Saturday at all. The tables have turned since our last meeting with Sligo on a wet night in the showgrounds. This a huge game and I'm not confident going into it at all. Our season is going down the tubes very fast and I'm not sure SOD has the experience to rescue it. We have a couple of very important games ahead this one , Derry, Harps, Cork those will define 2020 for us.

This has the look of a season defining game for both teams, if Sligo win they will see themselves as serious challengers for a top 2 or 3 spot (maybe even an outside league shout) and Pats will be consigned to lower table.
The flip side is if Pats win it is a serious moralle boost and they will be thinking about Europe again.
As Pats managed to lose in the cup they are one of the few Premier teams without a shot at the cup so it really could be season ending.
The flip side

sbgawa
11/09/2020, 6:52 PM
Well that was a bit of a surprise Waterford winning 2 nil.
Rovers need to capitalise now and go and get the 3 points in cork.

Nesta99
11/09/2020, 7:01 PM
After the speculation on Mandroiu too, back in the side and looks like the title is done and dusted. If the league gets extended for any reason we can just gift wrap the trophy and put it under the SRFC christmas tree!

sbgawa
11/09/2020, 7:16 PM
Dundalk looking like Dundalk.

Nesta99
11/09/2020, 7:22 PM
Certainly looking a lot fresher than before the international break.....balls! Game on as they say!

No more commentator like curses sbgawa!!

D24Saint
11/09/2020, 7:22 PM
Dundalk looking like Dundalk.

Their new regime of pre match spaghetti doing wonders for them.

Nesta99
11/09/2020, 7:27 PM
Think its Georgie Poynton thats scoffing all the prematch grub - he's fairly eh bulked up!

Nothing in that for the peno. And Dundalk now looking like Dundalk 2020:mad:

sbgawa
11/09/2020, 7:34 PM
I'm torn here.
I don't consider dundalk out of the league but I'd love to see shels go down.....

Nesta99
11/09/2020, 7:41 PM
I was just about to say that this new formation/system looks to suit some of the players better but a bit nervy at the back. Much better in possession and pace of passing irrspective of coughing up a 2 goal lead. Still need to find that confidence again.

joey B
11/09/2020, 7:53 PM
The refs in our league are just really really terrible,that pen McLaughlin just gave is as bad as it gets,its never ever a penalty,happens dozen of times in every game in every league,woeful stuff......

sbgawa
11/09/2020, 7:56 PM
McLaughlin is the worst.
Lee grace , need I say more

Nesta99
11/09/2020, 9:01 PM
Well that was more stressful than it needed to be. Important to get the win before Thursday, maybe having to dig deep to get the win will be useful in that regard. Strange to see Fannon not really sure what was expected of him when he came on. I thought when he was signed that Oduwa could play up top but not so sure now albeit on off the bench in a nervy game and the manager shoring things up. It was one of the better games to watch since the restart.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
11/09/2020, 9:27 PM
This has the look of a season defining game for both teams, if Sligo win they will see themselves as serious challengers for a top 2 or 3 spot (maybe even an outside league shout) and Pats will be consigned to lower table.
The flip side is if Pats win it is a serious moralle boost and they will be thinking about Europe again.
As Pats managed to lose in the cup they are one of the few Premier teams without a shot at the cup so it really could be season ending.
The flip side

Ah that made me burst out laughing. The league is over.

Paulgufc
12/09/2020, 12:26 PM
That kid Zefi looked like an outstanding talent last night. Tore us to shreds at times.

joey B
12/09/2020, 1:52 PM
Cork could be in for a hiding if they don't wake up in the second half....

placid casual
12/09/2020, 3:01 PM
Great attitude by Rovers today down in Cork. The team look determined to succeed. Cork may be gash at the back but you still have to go out and prove their gash.
8 points clear. Read it and weep folks.

Bring on the rossonieri.

2 Year Contract
12/09/2020, 4:18 PM
Is it just mine or is the audio quality on the Pats v Sligo WatchLOi stream absolutely atrocious. Constant crackling and can barely hear the ramblings on commentary. Picture quality is grand

Nesta99
12/09/2020, 4:32 PM
Sound is poor and with the crackling you mention. Evey ball Forrester has played has been very poor. Jogs about the place and tackles if he happens to be in the vicinity. What has happened to him!

sbgawa
12/09/2020, 4:54 PM
Sound is crap, don't like to give out because watchloi has been great. Hopefully it is still around next season I would pay for a season ticket as well as my rovers one.
Great result in cork, need to win games like this to allow for a stumble. Also help the goal difference

redarmyfaction
12/09/2020, 5:11 PM
They must be reading this, sound much better now.

The Lilywhites
12/09/2020, 5:33 PM
Sound is crap, don't like to give out because watchloi has been great. Hopefully it is still around next season I would pay for a season ticket as well as my rovers one.

How much would people pay for a full season pass?

Different leagues are available for $10 a month.

A monthly pass, or one-club pass (or even away games only pass for your club), might be good as the situation with crowds attending games might change as next season progresses.

DCSIL
12/09/2020, 5:45 PM
GAA go is €100 for overseas and I’d be more than happy to pay that for Watch LOI for a season

Jack B
12/09/2020, 5:56 PM
We honestly don't look like we'll score again this season.

Georgie Kelly is making me yearn for Ronan Hale to come back.

2 Year Contract
12/09/2020, 6:00 PM
Pats unlucky not to win that, better team second half and hit the post twice. 5 games without a goal now which is a real worry

redarmyfaction
12/09/2020, 6:18 PM
Pats unlucky not to win that, better team second half and hit the post twice. 5 games without a goal now which is a real worry
They didn't turn possession into chances.

D24Saint
12/09/2020, 6:35 PM
Don't fancy Georgie Kelly so far , he doesn't seem to work hard enough. The goals have really dried up for the whole team and where the next one will come from is a mystery to me. We should have won that game tonight.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
12/09/2020, 6:56 PM
Definitely the better team. Kelly awful though.

oriel
12/09/2020, 7:03 PM
Im surprised G Kelly hasn't kicked on at Pats with that opportunity, he had a decent season last year, but then again he got good service from Duffy on the left and sometime D Kelly on the right. I still sometimes think about his late chance to win the cup final for us, he should have scored.

Dundalk much better last night, one move late in the game involving a one two on the edge of the box with Daniel Kelly offered a glimpse that the real form was back, so hopefully over the horrible month of August now. Defence needs working on, but that will come when more players are available like Gannon to start and having Cleary back as an option, although he has been poor since the break.

Rovers should win the league with 2 games to spare, still unbeaten so they are the clear stand out team, but not having the b/s that some are already saving, 'it will only be a league title won over 18 games' , rubbish, was same for all clubs, plus Dundalk were only 3 points behind on 30/07.

I'd be happy if we kicked on to finish strongly as runners up, won the cup, plus a good showing in europe with the second chance we have.

pineapple stu
12/09/2020, 8:01 PM
Huge win for UCD in Cobh, helped by what looked a really harsh red card for Cobh in the first half.

But still, the front two of Mahdy and Whelan have 15 goals between them in the last 6 games, which is incredible stuff really.

Three points between the top five; next week at home v Drogheda is another big game.

joey B
12/09/2020, 9:52 PM
10 yellow cards and a red from the 38th minute to the final whistle in the Pats/Sligo game,refs are ridiculously card happy in our league.....

Ezeikial
13/09/2020, 4:55 AM
Rovers should win the league with 2 games to spare, still unbeaten so they are the clear stand out team, but not having the b/s that some are already saving, 'it will only be a league title won over 18 games' , rubbish, was same for all clubs, plus Dundalk were only 3 points behind on 30/07.

You seem a tad angry, but here are the things

Rovers almost certainly will win the league (probably with more than 2 games to spare) and they may well come through undefeated.

But no matter what way you rationalise it 'it will be a league title over 18 games' and won't have the same prestige as the normal 36 games season. Fair play to them if they do that

sbgawa
13/09/2020, 7:10 AM
They should scratch off the 62/63 season the champions that year only played 18 games as well.

Ezeikial
13/09/2020, 7:46 AM
They should scratch off the 62/63 season the champions that year only played 18 games as well.

Yep, good suggestion for once - scratch off both league championships and any other with 18 games or less

sbgawa
13/09/2020, 8:12 AM
Our next two games are against a flying Waterford and in oriel park so the 8 point lead could be down to 2 very quickly. I'm counting no chickens yet.
If we do win the league this year the timing is fantastic with the introduction of EL2 (supposedly).
I wouldn't have thought it could possibly have been sweeter but listening to rivals saying it's devalued would manage the impossible and make it even sweeter. :)

thebronze14
13/09/2020, 8:52 AM
10 yellow cards and a red from the 38th minute to the final whistle in the Pats/Sligo game,refs are ridiculously card happy in our league.....
Ah now, two dirty take trying to kick lumps out of each other... Sure it's only teams using the ref as an excuse for being dirty themselves 😛

D24Saint
13/09/2020, 9:04 AM
Wasn’t too many dirty tackles in our game. I’d class some as meaty tackles and others simply as mistimed tackles.

sbgawa
13/09/2020, 9:26 AM
I blame harps for setting a bad example for the rest of the league.

Nesta99
13/09/2020, 10:54 AM
I do think this years league has been devalued, more due to the suspension than the shortened season. But would I care if Dundalk won it - not even the tiniest bit!

oriel
13/09/2020, 3:30 PM
You seem a tad angry, but here are the things

Rovers almost certainly will win the league (probably with more than 2 games to spare) and they may well come through undefeated.

But no matter what way you rationalise it 'it will be a league title over 18 games' and won't have the same prestige as the normal 36 games season. Fair play to them if they do that

Not angry, just being realistic, Dundalk had every opportunity to win the league, 3 points gap was nothing, plus we had Rovers at home, we blew it, our own fault, can have no complaints.

If the league was over 33 or 36 games, I don't think we would have caught them after the self-destruct month of August.

All clubs knew it was over 18 games when it re-started.

The Lilywhites
13/09/2020, 4:02 PM
It's quite clear it's a joke of a league this year, even Rovers fans know that. It will be funny to watch Bradley celebrating like an idiot when it's over, as if he's actually achieved a real league title. They've won the league because of Covid, and wouldn't have won it over 36 games.

They've just jumped into 1st by default because Cork and ourselves have imploded over the last couple of years. Rovers aren't actually much better than they were pre 2019.

Still, it's extremely valuable to them because of Europe.

The good thing from our point of view is it'll keep Bradley in a job for another couple of years, so it will be easy to get back on top if we can get our house back in order.

pineapple stu
13/09/2020, 4:33 PM
They've won the league because of Covid, and wouldn't have won it over 36 games.
Fairly big claim there. What do you base the latter on? Cork and Dundalk were already on the slide before covid too

Nesta99
13/09/2020, 4:50 PM
Fairly big claim there. What do you base the latter on? Cork and Dundalk were already on the slide before covid too

Based on 1 game away in Tallaght or a cup final peno shoot out? Domestically there was little to suggest a slide up until the restart. Change in setup and tactically from SK days yes for sure. That said I think Rovers and Bradley have improved each season and this could have been very close run. I wouldnt be so certain how things would have have panned out over 36 games as suggested. Same implosion may have happened anyway but i dont think to the same extent. Ye only have to consider the changing fortunes of Sligo, in particular, for evidence that the suspension impacted both positively and negatively on teams. I would never have considered Pats at risk of relegation but they are close to that battle.