PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Wednesday

De Town
06/06/2005, 9:45 AM
How do you think the Boys in Green will do in Torshavn??

Im going for a nervy 1-0 win.

Littlest Hobo
06/06/2005, 9:55 AM
I'll give my prediction, as soon as I get jist of the starting eleven.

With all the injuries and cards given out, I'm guessing the following team will take the field.

Given

Carr Cunningham O'Shea Harte

Reid Keane Kilbane Duff

Morisson Keane

O'Shea in the middle coz there's no one else available. Harte played a blinder, so he keeps his place. Midfield remains the same with Roy back in to sort the **** out.
Hope to christ Robbie makes, it!!
If not I'd pair the Big DOC up with Clint.

This team should win by Two.
Still I wouldn't put me mortgage on it :(

De Town
06/06/2005, 9:58 AM
Robbie is out Littlest Hobo :(

Littlest Hobo
06/06/2005, 10:11 AM
yeah sorry mate, just read it now of the fai site :(
We are very lucky its only the faroe's, cause anyone else and goddnight compadres :(

tonycuna
06/06/2005, 10:12 AM
We have to win! There's no chance, FarOer isn't a team that can scare us, if we want to go to germany. It's not about the actual moment, it's not about the result of sat. It's in general, in my opinion: we have to beat FarOer everytime, if we want to go through!
C'mon lads, we can do it! :ball:

Dawn_Run
06/06/2005, 10:20 AM
Whats all the negativity about lads?? You lot are talkin like you actually rate the Faroes. We must be confident of a win, and a good win at that. If we are worried we cant beat the Faroes we have no business in a World Cup.

4-0 Ireland - this is the worst result we should be looking for.

thejollyrodger
06/06/2005, 10:22 AM
Its going to be very tight. The swiss were lucky to come away with three points.

I would do a straight swap Elliott for Robbie up front. I dont think its going to be that effective but we can just hope

-------------Given

Carr---Cunningham--O'Shea-Harte

Reid-----Keane ------Kilbane--Duff

------Morisson----Elliott

Littlest Hobo
06/06/2005, 10:26 AM
agree with you, but sometimes I wonder if I'm puttin me health at risk watching Ireland play. I'm going greyer, losing me voice and me heart skips a beat every so often. And all this for a draw against the likes of Israel.
Remember the qualifiers for the Italia and USA gigs, back then we did the business at home. the buzz was great and everyone knew we were the bizz at home. Now were eatin whats left of our nails against the bloody Faroes.
Jaysus :rolleyes:

Colm55
06/06/2005, 10:48 AM
Whats all the negativity about lads?? You lot are talkin like you actually rate the Faroes. We must be confident of a win, and a good win at that. If we are worried we cant beat the Faroes we have no business in a World Cup.

4-0 Ireland - this is the worst result we should be looking for.

Agreed Dawn Run, these lads have only ever won one competitive game (open to correction) since 1992, they are terrible, they're made up of amater footballers, a percentage probably have regular jobs and work bank holidays like me, one or two play in the scandinavian leagues, i think one lad is with the coventry reserves, nothing less than three nil ! ! !

JimmyP
06/06/2005, 10:52 AM
I don't know how ye can have O'Shea anywhere near the lineup after the 'mare he had on Sat.
Put Doherty or Roy Keane at CB, have Kav and Kilbane in midfield, Elliot up front.
Doherty can be switched up front later on if needed.

Still stingin' from Saturday night, I can't get over it....

eirebhoy
06/06/2005, 11:06 AM
Jesus, I forgot Doc was a centre half. :) He has to start.

Littlest Hobo
06/06/2005, 11:08 AM
I don't know how ye can have O'Shea anywhere near the lineup after the 'mare he had on Sat.
Put Doherty or Roy Keane at CB, have Kav and Kilbane in midfield, Elliot up front.
Doherty can be switched up front later on if needed.

Still stingin' from Saturday night, I can't get over it....

Yep O'Shea is a donkey alright, but there's no one else with any sort of experience to play there. Roy is wasted at CB, we need goals and with him driving forward, were sure to get some. Kilbane has played worse games than compared to saturday's, so I'd trust him to conjure up something.
I've watched Elliott a few times and I don't rate him at international level. Big DOC is no class act, but he has got goals for us before when we've needed them. Scored a couple of vital goals against Georgia in the last campaign, if I remember rightly :)

Captain Tinrib
06/06/2005, 11:09 AM
im going for a 5-0 trashing to ireland, i think with roy keane and damien duff playing against a group of part time postmen,milkmen, chefs etc and the fact they are ranked 133 (thats 118 places below us) is why we have no excuses other than to destroy this woefull football nation. if we lose we should be banned from international football!!!!!!

Littlest Hobo
06/06/2005, 11:12 AM
im going for a 5-0 trashing to ireland, i think with roy keane and damien duff playing against a group of part time postmen,milkmen, chefs etc and the fact they are ranked 133 (thats 118 places below us) is why we have no excuses other than to destroy this woefull football nation. if we lose we should be banned from international football!!!!!!

I hope your ability to predict results isn't in the came category as that of Eammon Dunphy. i see the signature :rolleyes:

Rebal Boy
06/06/2005, 11:13 AM
I hope Ireland go out and batter them. We need to get our goal difference up. So I'm going for 4-0 to the Irish. It would give the team a great boast.

Captain Tinrib
06/06/2005, 11:13 AM
I hope your ability to predict results isn't in the came category as that of Eammon Dunphy. i see the signature :rolleyes: lol well i did predict northern ireland to lose 4-0 to germany wasnt far off... :o

Stuttgart88
06/06/2005, 11:25 AM
I think it's likely we'll end up tying with at least one team for a qualification spot, be it first or second, so GD may be crucial. A big win is important.

I reckon we'll be 6 up after 83 mins then Kerr will withdraw two forwards and bring on Paddy Kenny to play behind Shay Given. The Faroes will be awarded 5 dodgy penalties but we'll hold out for 6-5. We'll be told that 3 points was the main thing and eveything is grand.

Actually, no. We'll win comfortably & Kerr will be rewarded for giving Elliott his first competitive start.

zinedineontour
06/06/2005, 1:38 PM
4-0 a resounding performance with elliott scoring 2 and duffer and clint with the others ... the players will not let saturday affect them and know if we win on wed we will top the group ... a good win would be great for team morale .....

Anto McC
06/06/2005, 1:53 PM
It's Ireland and with our magic ability of not scoring loads of goals against teams that we should score loads against,I'm going for 2-0 to Ireland

PS,The last 2 weeks my predictions have been frightenly accurate,I said Harte for first goalscorer on Sat,I said Ricky Hatton would win his fight against apparently much stronger oppisition and i said the Dubs to win by 1/2 points and there just from this weekend.I hope i'm wrong and we win 5-0 but........

PSS,the Bookies are running scared :D

drinkfeckarse
06/06/2005, 2:21 PM
I hope we hammer them but Kerr will probably hold out for a draw after we go 1-0 up like he does with every away game :rolleyes: :D

onenilgameover
06/06/2005, 7:42 PM
I hope we hammer them but Kerr will probably hold out for a draw after we go 1-0 up like he does with every away game :rolleyes: :D

To be honest I know thats a joke but it really wouldn't suprise me....

FarBeag
06/06/2005, 9:06 PM
If we win 1-0 no matter how sloppy it is i will take it ,anymore would be a nice bonus especially if it comes down to goal difference which i am not sure matters.Keep O'Shea away as i dont think he can defend against a Sunday league team and these guys are slightly better.Give the Doc a go.

Superhoops
06/06/2005, 10:19 PM
If we win 1-0 no matter how sloppy it is i will take it ,anymore would be a nice bonus especially if it comes down to goal difference which i am not sure matters.Keep O'Shea away as i dont think he can defend against a Sunday league team and these guys are slightly better.Give the Doc a go.
I know I keep on about this but how many more chances is O'Shea going to be given. He is DIRE. Even against the Faroes I would rate him a liability and I just cringe at the thought of him and Harte forming the left side of our defence, we might as well put up a big sign saying 'Come on through'.

It must be Docherty to replace O'Brien and Elliott up front. If things get tight and we need a goal, RMK could drop back with Kenny, Doc could go up front instead of Morrison or Elliott and Kavanagh or Holland come in midfield instead of RMK.

Please, please BK, no more O'Shea!

Flea
06/06/2005, 11:24 PM
We'll only get two, so it'll be Irish win 2-0 or 2-1. Mind you if we're 2 up who knows what will happen. It might be 'A Rush of Blood to the Head' for Brian and he'll go ultra positive and put the Doc and O'Shea up front to hold out ;) :rolleyes:

mypost
07/06/2005, 3:49 AM
Won't see the game live, (RTE have given up their 2.30am repeats of Ireland games :rolleyes: ), but we know what's going to happen, don't we? A re-run of the second-half against Israel, missing a planeload of chances. It's 10 years ago this week since the Vaduz disaster, we can't afford a repeat result in Torshavn this time. The goal difference needs a boost.

Fallout Boy
07/06/2005, 5:31 AM
I can't say I'm confident we'll hammer them. We rarely hammer minnows. It doesn't matter how bad they are. I think it will be more like the usual mundane 2-0 win. Maybe 3-0 if we're really lucky. I don't think Kerr should start O'Shea. His passing was a disgrace on Saturday. He rarely found a green shirt. I know there's not many options but for me it should be Doc at CB and Elliot up front. In saying that I think Kerr will probably go with O'Shea at CB and Doc up front.

Kingdom
07/06/2005, 8:21 AM
Just reading some of the comments from the Indo. According to Clint RMK gave a resounding team-talk on Sat evening in the dressers, and there was renewed desire to set things right. According to BK the pitch will be a factor in who he selects. After the match last Sat, JOS should be dropped. But I don't like Harte and wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. I agree with the majority over O'Shea. He should be dropped, and fast. He needs to get his club situation sorted as a centre half first and then stake a claim for a place in the national side. I take the **** outta the Doc 95.78% of the time, but he should be rewarded for his 60 mins on Sat and he should start and I would pick him at Centre Back. RMK and Steve Carr should resume.
Hopefully BK will realise the mistake he made on Sat and start Stephen Elliot. Thus my team would be as follows:

Given

Carr
Doherty
Kenny
Harte(In ainm an athair, agus an mhic...)

Reid
RMK
Zilbane
All you need is Duff

Clint
Stephen Elliot

That team would beat the Faroes , of that I've no doubt. And a comfortable win too. 3-0 says I.

Green Tribe
07/06/2005, 3:33 PM
We obviously need to win this game, but goals are indeed crucial, the jammy swiss got 6-0 in their home game(even though they struggled on sat) against the faroes, so we need to remember this, imagine losing out to those tramps AGAIN for qualifying to a tournament! Don't think i could take it! :eek: :mad: We should be thumping the Faroes by at least 4-0. We can't really afford to settle for 1-0 or 2-0, no way.

Come on you boys in green!!
(My nerves and stress levels are only recovering now, no doubt they will be jiggling again on wednesday!)

Oh and best wishes to the green army on their battle in the Faroes, take care, have fun, will be listening out for you all on tv, please get behind the team and get the 3 points with preferably 4 goals :D

tetsujin1979
07/06/2005, 3:57 PM
We have to start this game and complete it the way we finished against Israel, chances like those will go in, someone must have prayed in the wrong spot or sacrificed to the wrong God for some of the chances not to go in!

I never though I'd say it, but the Doc gets my vote to start, if the pitch is in a state, it'll hamper our passing game, so long ball might be the way to go. We're not blessed with height up front so it'll have to be the Doc

Kingdom
07/06/2005, 4:12 PM
I never though I'd say it, but the Doc gets my vote to start, if the pitch is in a state, it'll hamper our passing game, so long ball might be the way to go. We're not blessed with height up front so it'll have to be the Doc

If the Doc was to start up front O'Shea would be a cert for Centre half. If it is a long ball game he is going for (judging by his comments on the pitch dictating the team he picks-it will be a long ball game) then Harte and Carr will be the full backs as their passing is usually top notch (Harte esp). carr is reknowned for whipping in the crosses and we all know how accurate harte is. So a Doherty Morrison combi with Reid and Duff on the wings.

My revised team.

Given

Carr
Kenny
Bambi
Harte

A.Reid
RMK
Kilbane
Duff

Doherty
Morrison.