PDA

View Full Version : awate the king thread

go israel
04/06/2005, 9:10 PM
well i had to come in and see what you guys have to say about the game.
great game.
our players showed, again, great spirit. and i was the only one in the predictions thread who said that ireland won't win

jorge
04/06/2005, 9:12 PM
well i had to come in and see what you guys have to say about the game.
great game.
our players showed, again, great spirit. and i was the only one in the predictions thread who said that ireland don't win
Enough on threads on the match.

Emmet
04/06/2005, 9:15 PM
Are you even a little bit embarrassed by your goalkeeper though? Your players did show spirit alright

go israel
04/06/2005, 9:19 PM
Are you even a little bit embarrassed by your goalkeeper though? Your players did show spirit alright

i don't know what you want from our keeper, he saved 4 sure goals by himself. the red card was incorrect that is right, but when duff kicked him in the face earlier it wasn't his fault getting treatment. i know that you are disaponted from the game, and you did deserve a win, but football is more than skill it is also heart, as we have shown when we came back against france, swiss and you guys twice.

Clones Road Cas
04/06/2005, 9:24 PM
You got the result and your players did show some courage in getting it. However, although i hate Liverpool ask yourself to contrast your performance with theres as a display of courage and how the game should be played.

In addition to cynical fouling by all XI players in blue we witnessed tonight the most disgraceful performance that i have witnessed by a keeper since the world cup in 82 when the German boy nearly decapitated his opponent. To attribute any bar one of AVATs saves to more than dog luck combined with unquestionable courage would be foolish on your part. To deny that he cheated in a disgraceful manner and not only time wasted but punched a player and then exagerated as to the nature of the retaliation.

Your keeper should be banned for that performance by FIFA and the referee should be removed from international duty.

Your courage was comendable, some of your tactics were a disgrace

De Town
04/06/2005, 9:27 PM
Israel used every fcuking trick in the book tonight to time waste, every fcuking one :mad: :mad: :mad: and they got away with it :rolleyes:

go israel
04/06/2005, 9:32 PM
Your keeper should be banned for that performance by FIFA and the referee should be removed from international duty.
Your courage was comendable, some of your tactics were a disgrace[/QUOTE]

about the red card you are right. but this and wasting time in the end is part of football and you can see it on every second match. look at barcelona who wasted 20 minutes to get the championship. you had your chance and the lead but you didn't make it. to compare awats save to dog luck, is like comparing football to a horse race. he saved 3-4 100 percent goals by himself. i guess you think shay given is better after all he only recieved a header from 16 meter...

Emmet
04/06/2005, 9:35 PM
Israel played well and were - for periods of the match - the better team. They played a lot more to their potential than we did to ours. The bottom line however is that Israel did cheat - the goalkeeper especially - and that will overshadow the things that they did well.

Clones Road Cas
04/06/2005, 9:38 PM
the header was brilliant, Given never had a chance and it was credit to the debutant that he didnt.

The only shot that Avat really knew anything about was the one he blocked by Duffer, he flapped at everything else.

That kind of time wasting goes beyond the bounds of belief. Enjoy your win, I can understand that you dont care how it came about, but dont imagine that anyone else would believe that your performance as opposed to your result was not tainted by the actions of your keeper.

go israel
04/06/2005, 9:39 PM
Israel played well and were - for periods of the match - the better team. They played a lot more to their potential than we did to ours. The bottom line however is that Israel did cheat - the goalkeeper especially - and that will overshadow the things that they did well.

i don't agree - israel played bad and s**t the whole game. awate got us the point. again, the red card wasn't nice, but that wasn't what changed the match - we came back from 2-0 before that and played until the 84th minute before that.

Emmet
04/06/2005, 10:09 PM
I thought there were parts of the first half when Israel kept the ball well and passed it well. It's the basics that get results and there were parts of the game where Israel did the basics well. And yes there were times when you played badly but then so did Ireland too!

livehead1
04/06/2005, 11:01 PM
the keeper was awful, cudnt handle anything in the box, im intentionally not going to pass judgement about anything else he did as i'm calm at the moment :) we will get there. israel showed 2nite they have very very little to offer and its only a matter of time, u wont qualify by drawing matches tho...

Lenny
04/06/2005, 11:27 PM
the keeper was awful, cudnt handle anything in the box, im intentionally not going to pass judgement about anything else he did as i'm calm at the moment :) we will get there. israel showed 2nite they have very very little to offer and its only a matter of time, u wont qualify by drawing matches tho...
Same goes to you :)
Our dream to qualify is still alive and kickin'!

sligoman
05/06/2005, 2:39 AM
Please excuse all the bad language as I'm still very ****ed off at that Keeper and Referee:

Such a fcuking scumbag, that keeper should be fcuking banned for life. Uefa should have a look at that match again and ban Awat and Ban that Greek ba**ard of a ref too. You would'nt see a c**t like him refereeing in the EL let alone a f**king world cup qualifier. It was an absolute disgrace. That keeper reminded me of Rivaldo against Turkey in the World Cup when he went down holding his face, he is a disgrace to his nation and a disgrace to football. Israel have'nt a f**king hope of qualifying for the WC 2006. If they do then it is totally undeserved, cheating SCUMBAGS!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

TerryPhelan
05/06/2005, 4:09 AM
our players showed, again, great spirit. and i was the only one in the predictions thread who said that ireland won't win

Wrong. I predicted an Ireland defeat on this thread. As it happens, just before the game I predicted a draw to my mates. Am absolutely devastated by our throwing away of a 2-0 lead against a simply inferior side tonight at home. Feel utterly sick to my stomach and don't know whether to cry or vomit. Sadly I feel you would have to be a neutral to look upon tonight as a 'good game'. We threw away a 2-0 lead at home against a side whose defenders had trouble making contact with the ball whenever they tried to swing at it, and the sickliness is compounded by the fact that Awat indulged in utterly cynical, unsportsmanlike and despicable time-wasting and histrionics, not to mention the referee's disgraceful decision making in sending O'Brien off but leaving Awat on and many other decisions. Felt so let down by Kerr's choice of substitutions. Seeing Roy Keane on the bench, I wondered what he must have made of it all, seeing Kavanagh (of whom I am a big fan) replacing Robbie. Negative, negative, negative. Feel utterly deflated. Some said earlier that if we couldn't beat Israel at home we didn't deserve to go to the WC. Given Israel's weak performance tonight, I am inclined to agree. Feel so hurt, tearful depressed and sick at this travesty. Love hurts. :( :( :(