PDA

View Full Version : Umbro SFAI Kennedy U.13 Cup

Thunderblaster
04/06/2005, 11:12 AM
The tournament kicks off in the grounds of the University of Limerick on Monday 13th June and it runs to Friday 17th June. There will be 32 leagues represented in the tournament and it attracts loads of scouts. Favourites are usually the DDSL followed by Cork, LDMC and Waterford. Last year, West Cork caused a huge surprise by reaching the semi final. There is football guaranteed for the kids all week. Any thoughts?

parnell ranger
07/06/2005, 4:13 PM
The tournament kicks off in the grounds of the University of Limerick on Monday 13th June and it runs to Friday 17th June. There will be 32 leagues represented in the tournament and it attracts loads of scouts. Favourites are usually the DDSL followed by Cork, LDMC and Waterford. Last year, West Cork caused a huge surprise by reaching the semi final. There is football guaranteed for the kids all week. Any thoughts?

Always a great week-ive been to the last 6 with Athlone who will be in the shake-up this year i reckon.
:)

atfconline
07/06/2005, 4:47 PM
Quick interview with Athlone's manager this year, Jimmy Greene - taken from Athlone Town's match-day programme last weeked.

THE Kennedy Cup kicks off at its usual base in the University of Limerick in less than two weeks time. With the ADSL's side making good progress in the competition over the last few years, hopes are high that that progress will continue this year under the guidance of Athlone Town Youth Development Officer, Jimmy Greene. Speaking to The Bit of Blue this week, Jimmy told us how he was happy to see the competition finally come round.

"Well we're looking forward to it alright. It starts on the 13th of June, but we've played around 10 friendlies up to now and won most of them. I think we've won eight, drawn one and lost one. The preparatons have gone very well, the team is shaping up well but when you get to the Kennedy Cup itself, it's a very tough competition - I was there about four years ago when we won the Shield. But we know it's a fantastic competition for the young fellas, we definitely looking forward to it. We feel we have a team that will go abit of distance it in, hopefully we will.

Read More at www.athlonetownfc.com

swinfordfc
08/06/2005, 11:25 AM
lads,
watch out the Mayo boys, a nice footballer side :ball:

teckno
09/06/2005, 10:28 PM
What an absolute fantastic competition and a great experience for a young lad of 13. Beats anything that the GAA does.
Looking at the draw and it does throw up some interesting ties. DDSL v Limerick in the group stages, should be a cracker very unusual too have two of the SUPERPOWERS going head to head so early on. Great to see the likes of Kerry, Mayo, and West Cork emerging in recent years. However from looking at the draw I reckon the semi final will be Cork V DDSL and Waterford V Athlone, and I would fancy a DDSL v Waterford Final. They have not played each other in years. Trying not too be too biased but have seen Waterford team play and they look very good. It is amazing that a league which is fairley small like Waterford have produced some fantastic Kennedy Cup teams and they are 3 times winners. So that my tip DDSL V Waterford with the blues too win it.
Best of luck to everyone up there if the weathjer keeps up it will be a scorcher!!

jorge
12/06/2005, 12:56 AM
The DDSL side will win it,far too much quality and watch out for Gav Gunning,SUPER PLAYER

terry9
12/06/2005, 5:23 PM
The DDSL side will win it,far too much quality and watch out for Gav Gunning,SUPER PLAYER

how do you no?

the cork team is very good this year!

jorge
12/06/2005, 5:31 PM
well we will see.

MervilleUnited
12/06/2005, 10:12 PM
Good Luck to all the teams, but lets hope for one of the Smaller Leagues to come through, the DDSL has at least 5 times the pick of any rural league, Such as my own :eek:

Come on Micky, Billy and the lads with Sligo Leitrim!! :)

Its all about footie :ball:

MervilleUnited
14/06/2005, 7:07 PM
Anyone know of an Website with results on this? :)

atfconline
14/06/2005, 7:29 PM
See sfai.ie (http://www.sfai.ie)!

atfconline
14/06/2005, 10:36 PM
DDSL, Mayo, Athlone, Donegal, North Dublin, Waterford, Cork and Galway won their groups and go into the quarter finals tomorrow.

saints alive
15/06/2005, 11:32 PM
DDSL 4 MAYO 0 ATHLONE 2 DONEGAL 0 .. NORTH DUBLIN O WATERFORD 1.. CORK 0 GALWAY 3.. S/FINALS TOMORROW... :ball: :ball: :ball: COME ON THE DUBS

parnell ranger
16/06/2005, 2:02 PM
should be a DDSL-Athlone final :)

saints alive
16/06/2005, 9:51 PM
D.D.S.L. 5 GALWAY O......ATHLONE 1 WATERFORD 1. WATERFORD WON ON PENS. COME ON THE DUBS, :rolleyes: ;) :ball:

MervilleUnited
16/06/2005, 11:12 PM
Come on! :confused:
You beat Galway 5-0, a county with one tenth of the population of Dublin, and you celebrate like mad! I wonder how many non dublin natives play for the ddsl? :rolleyes:

saints alive
17/06/2005, 1:08 AM
Good Luck to all the teams, but lets hope for one of the Smaller Leagues to come through, the DDSL has at least 5 times the pick of any rural league, Such as my own :eek:

Come on Micky, Billy and the lads with Sligo Leitrim!! :)

Its all about fotie :ball: I ONLY POSTED THE RESULTS, AS I TAUGHT PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. WHAT ABOUT GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS AND ITS ALL ABOUT FOOTIE. IS THAT UNTILL THEY LOSE; THE KIDS ARE ONLY UNDER 13 REMEMBER. THERE WILL BE NO ONE MORE HAPPY TO POST THAT THE WINNERS ARE WATERFORD HERE TOMORROW, ITS A FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE FOR ALL TEAMS [ SHIELD & PLATE AS WELL ] AND THE STANDARD OF PLAYERS IS FIRST CLASS. THERE IS ONLY ONE BIG WINNER AT THESE TOURAMENTS; [B] THE FUTURE OF IRISH FOOTBALL[/B) COME ON THE DUBS

saints alive
17/06/2005, 5:09 PM
D.D.S.L 1 WATERFORD 0. AET 3RD PLACE P/OFF ATHLONE 1 GALWAY 3 A GREAT RESULT FOR GALWAY AFTER HEAVY DEFEAT YESTERDAY. D.D.S.L. SCORED 20 CONCEDED 0 IN TOURAMENT. COME ON THE DUBS. :cool: :eek: :ball:

Thunderblaster
18/06/2005, 12:25 PM
DDSL 4 MAYO 0

It was DDSL 3-0 Mayo. DDSL had a goal disallowed. DDSL were a physical side. The standard of refereeing this year wasn't great. Mayo were a nice footballing side, not the most physically imposing I ever saw. The scouts were very impressed with the players that tried to play football and as they say, brain comes over brawn. A lot of people down in Limerick would have liked to have seen a Mayo V Athlone Kennedy Cup final. Sadly, romantic football doesn't always work. The lads are under 13 and play six games in five days which is tiring given the fact that temperatures were up to 21C on Thursday in a warm sun, so a lot of credit has to be given.

Conor H
19/06/2005, 10:08 PM
.....Im away at the moment so can anyone confirm there position.I Know they were in the 3rd and 4th place playoff but where did they come?? :confused:

Cheers.

Conor H
20/06/2005, 6:25 PM
....Athlone 1 -Galway 3

A common score in the eircom league aswell :D