Drogs v Galway 19:45
UCD v Athlone 19:45
Longford v Cabo 19:45

Tuesday 18th
Bray v Shamrock Rovers ii 19:45
Cobh v Wexford 19:45

sbgawa
17/08/2020, 9:03 AM
So the Pub team are up in Sligo tonight provided Sligo are serving at least a €9 meal within the ground.
Will John Sheridan do media tonight or send out his wingman again??

Chance for Cabo to show they will be there at the end of the season tonight, win or at least take a point and people will have to start believing in them.
They signed two players at the weekend Steven Kinsella back from Everton and Jack Connolly back from Sunderland.

I fancy Rovers to get a result in Bray (13/2 with PP) Thomas Olluwa is a goal machine and Dean Williams needs minutes , playing together they are as potent a strike force as there is in the league.

D24Saint
17/08/2020, 9:32 AM
So the Pub team are up in Sligo tonight provided Sligo are serving at least a €9 meal within the ground.
Will John Sheridan do media tonight or send out his wingman again??

Chance for Cabo to show they will be there at the end of the season tonight, win or at least take a point and people will have to start believing in them.
They signed two players at the weekend Steven Kinsella back from Everton and Jack Connolly back from Sunderland.

I fancy Rovers to get a result in Bray (13/2 with PP) Thomas Olluwa is a goal machine and Dean Williams needs minutes , playing together they are as potent a strike force as there is in the league.

The 105 minute restriction will make things tight for Waterford to get in and out.

DCSIL
17/08/2020, 10:43 AM
No daft goal celebrations like in that Dublin pub at the weekend either

The Lilywhites
17/08/2020, 10:55 AM
The Sligo game is tomorrow night.

Hard to keep track of all these games at different times!

sbgawa
17/08/2020, 6:45 PM
Whoops :o

Lim till i die
17/08/2020, 7:24 PM
See Galway are losing again.

Would there be pressure on Alan Murphy up there or was this shortened season more or less wrote off?

I know he has a lot of youngsters but there's a few there like Shane Duggan that wouldn't be playing for free.

Briuk
17/08/2020, 8:45 PM

Would there be pressure on Alan Murphy up there or was this shortened season more or less wrote off?

I know he has a lot of youngsters but there's a few there like Shane Duggan that wouldn't be playing for free.

Murphy has to go after today.

Where was Kinsella last? I remember he was at Pats and Dundalk but that was long ago

JC_GUFC
17/08/2020, 8:51 PM

Definitely were going for promotion this season. I think top 3 would have been the very least expected.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's the end of the line for him.

JC_GUFC
17/08/2020, 8:51 PM

Where was Kinsella last? I remember he was at Pats and Dundalk but that was long ago

I think Everton - the two moves to LoI were loans. He's had a lot of injury problems though.

SeanDrog
17/08/2020, 8:56 PM
Definitely were going for promotion this season. I think top 3 would have been the very least expected.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's the end of the line for him.

To be fair it was an ugly game with both sides wasting chances - it would be unfair for it to be a head chopping result IMO but I do understand the overall point as I was expecting Galway to be a real threat this year.

D24Saint
17/08/2020, 9:14 PM

I remember him coming to Pats with a decent reputation. He was a disappointment as I recall, wasn’t sure where he ended up until now.

pineapple stu
17/08/2020, 9:30 PM
Surprisingly decent game in the Bowl tonight, though Athlone will be annoyed to lose from a goal and a man up, and indeed to have had a player sent off (for retaliation I think?) just as we were reduced to nine.

Big winners in it though were probably Cabo, as our suspensions will be in effect from our trip to Stradbrook on Friday.

sbgawa
17/08/2020, 9:52 PM
Big win for Cabo.
Talk of American money coming in must make them realistic contenders.

Martinho II
18/08/2020, 1:03 PM
Big win for Cabo.
Talk of American money coming in must make them realistic contenders.

I was very impressed with Cabo last night. They are a very strong team and a great ex GK of ours Mick Kelly so cant see past them imo.

D24Saint
18/08/2020, 1:16 PM
I was very impressed with Cabo last night. They are a very strong team and a great ex GK of ours Mick Kelly so cant see past them imo.

If they get up wonder where they would play.

redarmyfaction
18/08/2020, 6:45 PM
Finished 2-1 in the Showgrounds, deserved win but it took an injury time free kick to do it.

The Lilywhites
18/08/2020, 6:54 PM
That Waterford defending for the free kick was really dreadful.

Huge result for Sligo. Harps are buried at the minute.

joey B
18/08/2020, 6:55 PM
Really enjoyable game that,Waterford went to bits when Sam Bone went off,looked the better side till then,Sligo well on top second half.

joey B
18/08/2020, 6:59 PM
That Waterford defending for the free kick was really dreadful.

Huge result for Sligo. Harps are buried at the minute.

There's only one team we can look at to catch and that's Cork and it's a big longshot.

D24Saint
18/08/2020, 7:08 PM
Finished 2-1 in the Showgrounds, deserved win but it took an injury time free kick to do it.

Id say Bucko is delighted to get that win, it was a great free kick to win it particularly after that miss by Cawley I think it was.

redarmyfaction
18/08/2020, 7:11 PM
Id say Bucko is delighted to get that win, it was a great free kick to win it particularly after that miss by Cawley I think it was.

Cawley missed 2 from very short range.

DCSIL
18/08/2020, 7:51 PM
Cobh bombing along 3-0 at half time.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
18/08/2020, 8:12 PM
Yeah really enjoyable game. Buckley beginning to get them to start passing the ball a lot more. Interesting to see how we go against Dundalk on Saturday.

pineapple stu
18/08/2020, 8:19 PM
Sacked this evening (https://www.extratime.com/articles/25402/galway-united-part-ways-alan-murphy/) alright

D24Saint
18/08/2020, 8:52 PM
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/alan-murphy-steps-down-manager-22542724

Nah Nah Nah Nah
18/08/2020, 9:42 PM
Stepped down. The Mirror can’t even get a sacking right.

Martinho II
19/08/2020, 3:00 PM
If they get up wonder where they would play.

Carlisle Grounds or Belfield?

D24Saint
19/08/2020, 3:34 PM
Carlisle Grounds or Belfield?

Id prefer if they decided on Bray and there isn't much in it distance wise. The Belfield bowl is 8km away from Stradbrook Road and the Carlisle Ground is 11km so that wont be a deciding factor , id say it will depended on what deal financially works for them. Their underage set up is closer to Bray in Kilbogget Park not sure how much if any influence that would have.

sbgawa
19/08/2020, 7:15 PM
Bray is actually closer to kilbogget park where the club is based. No brainer for me.

MKMK
20/08/2020, 8:03 AM
Rovers 2 very like Rovers B under Colin Hawkins. Growing into the league and will take some scalps before the end of the season.

MKMK
20/08/2020, 8:10 AM
What are the requirements for grounds in the Premier. A stand I presume. Would have to work with Rock if they want to stay in Stradbrook. Need to build their support base especially amongst their young members.

nigel-harps1954
20/08/2020, 8:46 PM
What are the requirements for grounds in the Premier. A stand I presume. Would have to work with Rock if they want to stay in Stradbrook. Need to build their support base especially amongst their young members.

There's a lack of turnstiles, an away area, seating, and pretty much any facilities at all.

They could put up a decent sized pop up stand no problem, but that only solves one problem.

outspoken
20/08/2020, 10:14 PM
Rovers 2 very like Rovers B under Colin Hawkins. Growing into the league and will take some scalps before the end of the season.

Rovers II are a far better outfit than the 2014 set up

outspoken
20/08/2020, 10:15 PM
There's a lack of turnstiles, an away area, seating, and pretty much any facilities at all.

They could put up a decent sized pop up stand no problem, but that only solves one problem.

The car park is absolutely tiny, the access in to the stadium would be a nightmare, it simply wouldn't work.

MKMK
21/08/2020, 3:08 PM
Dalymount entrance poor from main entrance. Longford have by far the best facilities in terms of carparking etc. Athlone next but neither of these have a huge number of turnstiles. If they go up it would be great if they could stay within the areaand hopefully significantly improve their crowds. Early days yet.