PDA

View Full Version : liverpool set for big signing!

anto1208
03/06/2005, 10:53 AM
peter crouch

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

i nearly wet myself hearing this , next year its gonna be crouch and the french heskey (cisse ) up front

Dublin12
03/06/2005, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't laugh,he'll win everything in the air and if they sign Aimar he'll be on the receiving end to knock the goals in.

Malby
03/06/2005, 10:56 AM
peter crouch

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

i nearly wet myself hearing this , next year its gonna be crouch and the french heskey (cisse ) up front
Of course it is. Morientes won't get a look in :rolleyes:

Macy
03/06/2005, 10:58 AM
I thought Jan Molby was making a comeback when I saw the thread title...

anto1208
03/06/2005, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't laugh,he'll win everything in the air and if they sign Aimar he'll be on the receiving end to knock the goals in.

i will laugh because its peter crouch and liverpool fans are getting excited by it

drinkfeckarse
03/06/2005, 12:13 PM
I'm not.....

He won't get a look in really IF it's true.

Dublin12
03/06/2005, 12:14 PM
Best just leave them to it at the moment..it'll be back to earth with a bump sometime around the end of August ;)

Thunderblaster
05/06/2005, 1:55 AM
Rumour has it that Mr. Raul may be a 'Pool player, according to Vodafone SMS alerts.

Dan K
06/06/2005, 7:11 PM
I'm a Saints fan, and jaysus how I moaned when we signed Crouch.

But when you actually watch him, game in, game out, he's fantastic. In fact his weakness is his aerial ability. He may win the majority of things in the air, but he hasn't quite mastered the art of knocking it down a la Quinn.

His ability to hold the ball up and draw defenders in only to release it for a team mate is second to none. If only he had a bit more meat on him - he's not the strongest of people, which makes me wonder about this Liverpool rumour.

onenilgameover
06/06/2005, 10:14 PM
No!!!!! Really hope this isn't true...Don't like the tall fella at all.

jockser
07/06/2005, 12:38 PM
James Beattie.....5 million sterling.....nuff said

oh by the way Crouch will not be signing for liverpool end of...

4tothefloor
07/06/2005, 7:45 PM
Anto, two words for you. EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS. You should also know by now that rumours that surface in June aren't worth the paper they're printed on, especially when it's the s*n. Maybe we will sign Crouch, but he'd only be a squad player anyway. Crouch is three times the player Duncan Ferguson is, and ever was, and you're laughing!

I'll tell you what, come back and laugh at us in late August when the buying is done, rather than relying on stupid paper talk. I've a funny feeling that it'll be us laughing at you.......Forsell, Simon Davies......Two injury prone, one season wonders..... :D

Frank Blue
08/06/2005, 10:50 AM
LOL :D

Today's BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/4072084.stm

Southampton have confirmed they have turned down a bid - believed to be from Liverpool - for striker Peter Crouch.

ali2005
08/06/2005, 12:21 PM
Is Milan Baros leaving?

drinkfeckarse
08/06/2005, 12:31 PM
Valencia and Lyon are amongst his admirers, Lyon confirmed their interest and with Houllier there now they would probably be favourites for his signature.

A good player and a very hard worker but simply does not get enough goals so I'd expect him to move on for definate. Not sure what the price would be though, £4 or £5 million maybe?

fosterdollar
08/06/2005, 12:33 PM
Valencia and Lyon are amongst his admirers, Lyon confirmed their interest and with Houllier there now they would probably be favourites for his signature.

A good player and a very hard worker but simply does not get enough goals so I'd expect him to move on for definate. Not sure what the price would be though, £4 or £5 million maybe?
Apparently Southampton want upwards of £7million for him. Crazy talk.

drinkfeckarse
08/06/2005, 3:48 PM
Apparently Southampton want upwards of £7million for him. Crazy talk.

I was on about Milan Baros ;) but I take your point about £7m for Crouch, crazy!!

4tothefloor
08/06/2005, 5:40 PM
Liverpool want £7m for Baros, which is fair enough for a 23 year old striker, who is an established international. £7m for Peter Crouch on the other hand is just downright hilarious. One thing I will say about him though is that with quality service, he could be lethal. But not for £7m....

Dan K
10/06/2005, 8:45 PM
Liverpool want £7m for Baros, which is fair enough for a 23 year old striker, who is an established international. £7m for Peter Crouch on the other hand is just downright hilarious. One thing I will say about him though is that with quality service, he could be lethal. But not for £7m....

What people seem tio forget that it's not necessarily the market value of a player, but the value of the player towards his current club.

Seeing as Crouch could be the difference between us being promoted or not, £7m is a fair price for Saints to be asking.

Westside
11/06/2005, 4:46 AM
What people seem tio forget that it's not necessarily the market value of a player, but the value of the player towards his current club.

Seeing as Crouch could be the difference between us being promoted or not, £7m is a fair price for Saints to be asking. Won't get many takers at that valuation, trouble is with English players is their clubs value them way above what they actually should be......eg. Rooney 28 million, Ferdinand 28 million and Crouch (not even an established International) 7 million........give me a break.......Its no wonder clubs are bringing in so many foreigners when you see this. Put it to you this way Crouch 7 million / Morientes 6.5 million (established International and very experienced footballer) who would you rather spend your 7 million on...........Yeh the foreigner :rolleyes:

anto1208
13/06/2005, 4:34 PM
Won't get many takers at that valuation, trouble is with English players is their clubs value them way above what they actually should be......eg. Rooney 28 million, Ferdinand 28 million and Crouch (not even an established International) 7 million........give me a break.......Its no wonder clubs are bringing in so many foreigners when you see this. Put it to you this way Crouch 7 million / Morientes 6.5 million (established International and very experienced footballer) who would you rather spend your 7 million on...........Yeh the foreigner :rolleyes:

rooney for 28 million on a 6 year deal is a bargin , he was worth twice that at everton as a 15 year old , allthough he has nt played as well for utd (fergie's fault ) he may come good , but rooney playing at half his talent is still the best in the league

Dan K
13/06/2005, 6:25 PM
Won't get many takers at that valuation, trouble is with English players is their clubs value them way above what they actually should be......eg. Rooney 28 million, Ferdinand 28 million and Crouch (not even an established International) 7 million........give me a break.......Its no wonder clubs are bringing in so many foreigners when you see this. Put it to you this way Crouch 7 million / Morientes 6.5 million (established International and very experienced footballer) who would you rather spend your 7 million on...........Yeh the foreigner :rolleyes:

You've missed the whole point. The reason he's being valued at £7m by the club is because they don't want to lose him.

By laying down such a huge price, the club scares off almost all potential suitors. If someone does meet that valuation, then the club has a huge cash injection to play with. It's a seller's market, as Southampton are financially stable, despite relegation.

Imagine your neighbour really wanted your car, which you need for work and are somewhat attached to. Market value is 1000. You tell him you want to keep it, but would consider a huge offer. He's either going to say "Not worth it" in which you get to keep the car you need and love, or he'll offer you something over it's value to you which means you'll be able to get a replacement and have money left over.

Either way, as the seller, you win.

4tothefloor
13/06/2005, 11:20 PM
The Dutch striker Dirk Kuyt is the guy i'm praying Benitez signs instead of Crouch. He's pretty awesome in the air.