PDA

View Full Version : Are You West Ham in Desguise?

Karlos
03/06/2005, 10:21 AM
**for those for are into 'new' kits and all that jazz**

Arsenal players, including Club captain Patrick Vieira, Dennis Bergkamp and Ashley Cole today fully reveal next season’s commemorative kit under the watchful eye of Club legend Herbert Chapman in the historic East Stand Marble Halls.
Club captain Patrick Vieira said: 'The last season at Highbury will be very, very special for everyone at the Club not to mention the fans. That's why I think it is fantastic that we will be wearing a commemorative kit that represents the history of this magnificent stadium. The kit is different to the red and white one we have become so attached to but this special season deserves a special kit and having seen it, I for one think that going back to the first ever kit from 1913 is a really nice touch."

Club research and sporting memorabilia within the Arsenal Museum confirm the very first kit worn at the stadium was a much darker red, similar to that of Sparta Prague, who actually based their kit on Arsenal's original kit way back in 1906. The Club is returning to this redcurrant shade for one season only, to recreate and reflect the origins of this unique stadium.

The commemorative kit is being manufactured by Arsenal’s kit suppliers Nike, and is one of many initiatives coordinated to celebrate the Club's time at Arsenal Stadium.

Macy
03/06/2005, 10:26 AM
Interesting to see the media reaction to this, considering the shít United got for the Newton Heath away kit...

Dublin12
03/06/2005, 10:27 AM
Looks a bit like Hearts imo.

Karlos
03/06/2005, 10:34 AM
I prefer the red and white set up but as long as it's only a once off to mark the end of Highbury, then I'm happy enough with it considering it was the first strip. Should lead to some interesting chants from away fans at Highbury.

Macy, was that Utd one the yellow and green shirt with the strings??? Actually liked that shirt, although from a distance the Players did look like a giant Loop Da Loop ice pop!!!! :D

I love loop da loops so that may have something to do with it! ;)

superfrank
04/06/2005, 1:37 PM
Ever see the Chelsea away one from the early nineties, around the same time as Man u's one. It was orange and grey stripes!! :o

holidaysong
04/06/2005, 1:43 PM
Macy, was that Utd one the yellow and green shirt with the strings??? Actually liked that shirt, although from a distance the Players did look like a giant Loop Da Loop ice pop!!!! :D

I love loop da loops so that may have something to do with it! ;)

My brother has that Green and Yellow united one. He has Kanchelskis (14) on the back.. Anyway he was wearing it in pub at the weekend and some guy offered him €100 for it there and then... :eek: He didn't sell... :rolleyes:

Macy
07/06/2005, 1:36 PM
My brother has that Green and Yellow united one. He has Kanchelskis (14) on the back.. Anyway he was wearing it in pub at the weekend and some guy offered him €100 for it there and then... :eek: He didn't sell... :rolleyes:
If you bump into that fella again, put him in this direction. I can organise Name and Number on the back.... :D