PDA

View Full Version : city to bid for j. byrne

kevincronin2000
02/06/2005, 9:51 PM
Cork city are going to and try and replace kevin doyle with jason byrne top of damien richardson's shopping list. I know he had a stinker last monday and was not that influential during shels champions leauge campaign. What do ye think or who would you like to see rico relace kev with.

Risteard
02/06/2005, 10:22 PM
Was just thinking of making that up myself. :)
Always thought he was actually under-rated.
Money isn't that effective in eL i think.
I reckon he'd rather have his go in the champions league anway first.
No rash decisions but as regards replacements
Richard Sadlier
Pat McCourt
???????
Reckon Lennox will be disgusted and eager not to let the fans think the clubs happy with a weakened squad.

kevincronin2000
02/06/2005, 10:27 PM
Was just thinking of making that up myself. :)

FACT
HEARD IT FROM A VERY GOOD SOURSE :ball:

Poor Student
02/06/2005, 10:30 PM
Could the rise of O'Donovan make the need to splash the cash to replace Doyle unecessary?

Éanna
02/06/2005, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't like to see us sign Byrne. He's over rated IMO, and not that much better than Behan who would cost us a lot less. Fenn is also a mile better than him. No thanks

Poor Student
02/06/2005, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't like to see us sign Byrne. He's over rated IMO, and not that much better than Behan who would cost us a lot less. Fenn is also a mile better than him. No thanks

Is Behan only on loan?

Éanna
02/06/2005, 11:23 PM
Is Behan only on loan?
no Behan's with us. I was getting at the fact that Byrne's wages would be higher, plus there'd be a transfer fee.

dcnags
02/06/2005, 11:43 PM
With doyler leaving, i would think of 2 names in the eircom league straight away......Zayed and McHugh. I haven't really seen McHugh but have heard he's handy and from what i've seen of zayed, hes a good looking player.

Ever since the start of the season, i've wanted Pat McCourt to come to city, with rovers the way they are financially, i'm sure we could sign him and have money left over from the 100 k we will get for doyle.

Of course, my number 1 option is for superkev not to go at all but....... its out of our hands and unfortunately citys hands also

harry crumb
02/06/2005, 11:52 PM
Zayed had been the most impressive striker I've seen outside of Doyle this season. He's very quick and strong and scores goals.

If we were to sign Zayed & McCourt, that would be dreamland.

drinkfeckarse
03/06/2005, 7:45 AM
from what i've seen of zayed, hes a good looking player.

That's all well and good but can he play at all coz good looks alone doesn't mean he'd cut it ;) :p

pete
03/06/2005, 8:43 AM
O'Donovan looks more a forward than midfielder so McCourt would be perfect signing.

No quality 1st team players left in Munster so Zayed might be a good option...

jofyisgod
03/06/2005, 8:54 AM
O'Donovan looks more a forward than midfielder so McCourt would be perfect signing.

No quality 1st team players left in Munster so Zayed might be a good option...

Exactly. And who knows, Roy may lose form or get injured. I'd prefer a few quality backups. However, before any of this, PLAY FENN!!

Rebel N
03/06/2005, 2:10 PM
Exactly. And who knows, Roy may lose form or get injured. I'd prefer a few quality backups. However, before any of this, PLAY FENN!!
Yeah i think its time to play fenn.If we were to sign a player i would go for McCourt or Zayed.Hamilton might be an option aswell

Cityfeen
03/06/2005, 2:54 PM
Yes McCourt would be a great signing but could be in england very soon i'd say same with Zayed

ccfcgirl
03/06/2005, 3:30 PM
I think Jason Byrne would be a great asset to city ,I know he is not having a good season ,but he was brilliant last year .A very unusual move though if it were to happen .Would he really leave shels and why?

kevincronin2000
03/06/2005, 5:10 PM
I think Jason Byrne would be a great asset to city ,I know he is not having a good season ,but he was brilliant last year .A very unusual move though if it were to happen .Would he really leave shels and why?

well its up to byrne to decide weather he stays or goes, but all city can do is try. After all bull**** walked (before the season started ) and money talks.

jofyisgod
03/06/2005, 5:38 PM
well its up to byrne to decide weather he stays or goes, but all city can do is try. After all bull**** walked (before the season started ) and money talks.

Anyone able to guesstimate his wages at Shels? Could City contend?

It'd have to be a great 'sell' of the club to pull him down here I'd say. Then again, one look at recent results and the league table should give him an idea of where the club is going...

patsh
03/06/2005, 5:50 PM
Thats jackeen wouldn't move outside Dubalin....:eek:

Jaysus, he gets homesck by the time he hits Johnstown......

Dyl10
03/06/2005, 6:04 PM
he was in the 3k-4k bracket.

Dont be ridiculous there is know one in the league even over 2.5k

Whats wrong with seeing if O'flynn can get back to form? He was class two seasons ago

jofyisgod
03/06/2005, 6:07 PM

Whats wrong with seeing if O'flynn can get back to form? He was class two seasons ago

It's not ridiculous at all. Shels always seem to have lots of cash to throw around...

Flynny was like that 2 years ago, prior to numerous surgeries, and months without any football. I'd prefer a Plan B.

Dyl10
03/06/2005, 7:12 PM
It's not ridiculous at all. Shels always seem to have lots of cash to throw around...

Not meaning to have a go at you but it is ridiculous. Glen Crowe is the highest paid in the league and he dosn't even come close to 3k

Anto McC
03/06/2005, 9:13 PM
I don't think Byrne would move

It woudn't be as big a loss to Shels as people make out :eek:

I'd stick with Zayed or Hamilton

RedX
03/06/2005, 10:56 PM
Jason Byrne..i would hate to see City sign that moaning jackeen..not a bad player but definetly nothing special..i think City could do a LOT better than him as there are better players around..players that could score in European games.. :rolleyes:

D2..would you stick with Zayed or Hamilton??..why dont you sign them then?..i have seen people banned on this forum for saying absolutely nothing and you come on here with that signature under your message?..remember after Monday you will be 5 points behind the best team in the country.. ;)

P.S..what do you think of my signature?.. :eek:

Copa Mundial
03/06/2005, 11:13 PM

It seems all is not well at Shels.Byrne and Crowe havnt clicked both on the pitch and off. There,s a lot of unrest behind the scenes and shels have done well to keep it inhouse.

Watch this space for more, one of the EL,s quality strikers may soon be on the market.
As regards wages for both....its in the E1,800-2,2k bracket.

Anto McC
03/06/2005, 11:23 PM
D2..would you stick with Zayed or Hamilton??..why dont you sign them then?

Well we'll send them to the feeder club first(Bohs) and if their good there they'll take the step up to the big club

i have seen people banned on this forum for saying absolutely nothing and you come on here with that signature under your message

Perfectly good signature,I was talking to an old school mate recently who reminded me of the quote from my primary school principal,he's a Clare man and the quote stemmed from me foolishly trying to defend Cork :eek:

remember after Monday you will be 5 points behind the best team in the country ;)

Well the table doesn't lie but there is still 2 rounds of matches to go so........

P.S..what do you think of my signature?.. :eek:

Very impressive and also very premature.

superfrank
03/06/2005, 11:34 PM
Yes McCourt would be a great signing but could be in england very soon i'd say same with Zayed
Zayed had a trial with Crewe, I think, at the start of last season. They didn't want to sign him and he was also rejected by New England Revolution so there's been interest in him.

Best forward I've seen at the Carlisle for a long time, maybe since Jayo....... ;)

I'd like to see him do well in his career........but preferably that'd be up here! :o

Stevo Da Gull
03/06/2005, 11:46 PM
Zayed is unquestionably a very talented player with plenty of potential but he can also be very frustrating at times, also he seems keen on giving it another go in Sasana so if you were to buy him (which I sicerely hope you dont) and if he had a good season with you he would most likely take the first chance to move abroad. As far as I know though, it's not that Zayed could'nt hack it at Crewe (I think he was on loan or somethi) but that he just was'nt given a look in. TBH I can see him signing for 1 of the Dublin clubs during the winter (I just really hope not). If I had to compare him with Jayo, I'd definately pick Jason, no question about it but of course Zayed is still young so you never know what the future holds, and hopefully that future is with us.

superfrank
03/06/2005, 11:48 PM
Was the match bad?

Éanna
03/06/2005, 11:51 PM
There's some guy by the name of Quigley who's just been released by Leicester. A forward, hes played for the Ireland U19's. might be worth a look

Stevo Da Gull
03/06/2005, 11:54 PM
Was the match bad?

If your talkin Pats-Bray then maybe this aint the best place for it ;) . (We were terrible)

I believe Cork are playin Harps this weekend if I'm not mistaken, c'mon the Rebal Army :eek: :)

superfrank
03/06/2005, 11:54 PM
There's some guy by the name of Quigley who's just been released by Leicester. A forward, hes played for the Ireland U19's. might be worth a look
I know someone said earlier on there's noone decent left in Munster........what about the two Willies at Waterford??

superfrank
03/06/2005, 11:57 PM
If your talkin Pats-Bray then maybe this aint the best place for it ;) . (We were terrible)

I believe Cork are playin Harps this weekend if I'm not mistaken, c'mon the Rebal Army :eek: :)
Yeah, I thought so. I saw what you said in tarzan1's thread.

Yeah, cmon Cork. Is it at the X?

Hopefully, Harps morale'll be down after last week! :D

GavinZac
04/06/2005, 3:31 AM

outisde of shels.

shels are paying this kind of money.

thats why it'll be so funny when they are knocked out by dinamo tblisi or Spartak Baku Baku